• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

LytenHost.Com Server Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give them a chance I'm sure this is a one time thing. If they have fast support and provide great service why jump ship so soon? I'm sure they will be fine.

thanks all, and i want to give them one more chance, because they were really good before. but, i am little worry about my php data, those are my hard work, i hope they are not delete them all, if so, i will crying for...but, just cry... some html files i backed up already, still sadly for my data.
how can we keep trusting? they are very honest before...

uca, sometimes the ball is not in your court. Question main is can you afford to lose all your data and move on?

If they lost all of my data, i can do nothing because the data all gone already...so, if it's true, i have no ideal for that, maybe i will open my eyes as widely as i can when i finding a host next time :::8_8::: BTW,"netcafe", your web can't access? :bandit2:

they are hard working

:eek2: Hello LytenHost Clients,

After hours of hard coding, work and configuring things we are proud to say that
your websites
are awaiting your code publishing! We are so pleased and proud to have patient
loyal clients
like you and we hope to have clients like you for years to come.

We are known as a very stable host and we will remain that for all of our time.
We're not going
to let one little downfall tear what we've created down. We've been going strong
since
October of last year and we're not looking back. If you have any problems please
feel free to
email me personally at this email address ( mdurai@gmail.com ).

I have a few announcements to make. We're going to employ a community forum but
first I'd
like to know what everyone thinks about this. Please drop me a link by replying
to this email
and let me know your thoughts on this. Secondly, we're thinking about how to pay
you the
client back for this small interruption of service. Third, we are hunting for a
suitable backup
service that we can contract with for future backup of our files, know of any?
If so, please drop
me a line so that I can check them out and hopefully make a motion.

Thanks again for all your patience guys!
Sincerely Yours,
Michael Copeland
LytenHost Sales and Support

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

HOPE THEY ARE BEST LUCK! LUCK FOR THEM,LUCK FOR ME! :classic2: :classic2: :classic2: :classic2:

Hello guys,
Sorry for the delay in my responses, but instead of alot of chatter I've been working non stop on the current situations. I'm really glad to say that all problems have been fixed and the only one that we currently have is a small cpanel bug that affects new accounts creation, but we're manually fixing it until they release the fix (Stable Updates as always).

Anyhow, we've also contracted with a backup service company that will be providing rsync backups to us and infact, we're actually backing up at the moment and numerous backups will be taken each day. This does not mean that you shouldnt take any backups, I do it with my personal site each day even though the host does it. Its good practice :)

We will be having a community forum shortly (ETA: 1-2 days) which will be ran on vBulletin. But to answer a post:

AbuKing said:
"host's Terms of Service" - I dont think I was presented with one.

You were presented with it at the time of signup, our old and new billing system both make you agree to it when you signed up for services, as for the uptime promise we didnt have any one in place at that time or the current time. But you can still count on our track record which was 100% uptime thru september via SiteUptime.

I look forward to seeing everyone on the new forum and forward to posting here once again now that I have time.

Thanks for your support guys!

I think alot of people are looking past it all. When you sign up for a host, you should know about the uptime policy, TOS, where thier server is located, what the server is, if they oversell, etc etc. Everyone seems to be blaming them for something that happended out of thier hands, to my knowledge it was the DC who pulled the plug and spoiled all your hard work, I'm a paying customer for Lyten as well and I don't hold anything againest Michael or anyone else. Lyten had no warning of this event.

As for your hard work, I think everyone should take responsibility for thier own stuff, so you didn't make a backup? Thats no ones fault but your own. If you make 200 dollars a day or week, or even month, you should know enough to buy a backup service or system. I am a happy customer, it's sad that there was a long downtime, but if anyone even looked at Michael's sig, theres all the ways to contact him there. Not to mention him giving his personal contacts for you. So really I would like to see less people complaining and more people being happy that Michael offered fast support, as well as showing his concern for the problem. I have seen many more hosts just take off, not care, or even take thier time for less problems than michael has went though. Lyten is a great host and im glad to be hosted by them.

I am agree with you

RivaCom said:
I think alot of people are looking past it all. When you sign up for a host, you should know about the uptime policy, TOS, where thier server is located, what the server is, if they oversell, etc etc. Everyone seems to be blaming them for something that happended out of thier hands, to my knowledge it was the DC who pulled the plug and spoiled all your hard work, I'm a paying customer for Lyten as well and I don't hold anything againest Michael or anyone else. Lyten had no warning of this event.

As for your hard work, I think everyone should take responsibility for thier own stuff, so you didn't make a backup? Thats no ones fault but your own. If you make 200 dollars a day or week, or even month, you should know enough to buy a backup service or system. I am a happy customer, it's sad that there was a long downtime, but if anyone even looked at Michael's sig, theres all the ways to contact him there. Not to mention him giving his personal contacts for you. So really I would like to see less people complaining and more people being happy that Michael offered fast support, as well as showing his concern for the problem. I have seen many more hosts just take off, not care, or even take thier time for less problems than michael has went though. Lyten is a great host and im glad to be hosted by them.

:rolleyes2 I think everyone should backup their own stuff if they are so important, or they are not worth...
I am so glad they are back! oldman2

Last edited:
RivaCom said:

Hey Riva,
Thanks for your post, its really appreciated and needed. It makes me feel good about all the hard work that I do day to day and strengthens my dedication to what I love.

I am not blaming anybody when it was just Downtime, I understand that its not in anybodys hands, But Now Michael has some responsibility as far as client data is concerned, now as far as backups are concerned, I am on a dialup I can't take huge backups daily, Now the thing which increases my frustation is lack of support I am getting my answers after 24 Hrs. in such a critical time, they are even not replying when online on AIM, My OLD host was having backup of my data (even now), I switched back to them, If backups by host company is not important why LytenHost is taking them now.
If you make 200 dollars a day or week, or even month, you should know enough to buy a backup service or system
I had just started (two days before downtime) to make that much amount of money, I had mentioned in my first post that these days were my best ever and it all just happened at the wrong time, Did you find any offensive post regarding LYTENHOST even when I was going to make huge amount of money and recognition. I have had downtime with StaticHost also (thats when LytenHost PMed me and I switched to them) but not such poor support and loss of data (StaticHost still have my old data), Now some of you may get prompt response from LytenHost but I am not (It may be attributed to TimeZone difference in my opinion) but still then 24 Hrs. is a lot more to blame for TimeZone Diff.

I WOULD LIKE EVERY HOST ON THIS THREAD TO REPLY, WHETHER THEY TAKE BACKUPS OF THEIR DATA OR THEIR CLIENTS ARE IN GOD'S HANDS.

Last edited:
I am on a dialup I can't take huge backups daily,
Don't you have most of the static content on your computer anyway? The only other things you would need to back up would be databases which would typically be less than 5MB for most sites.

I have a few points here.

A reliable web host always has access to a recent backup. But it is just a common fact that clients are told that backups are their own responsibility. We web hosts don't want to be responsible for it, full stop.

Even though some of you have personal and emotional attachments to your host here, after about a week of downtime - I find the following statement by Lytenhost rather amusing. No offense.

We are known as a very stable host and we will remain that for all of our time.

Finally,

Rivacom said:
but if anyone even looked at Michael's sig, theres all the ways to contact him there.

Rivacom, how ridiculous is it that a client has to use a signature from a hosting forum to contact his web host?

Best of luck to everybody.

Well now that everyone has overlooked everything. As for his support, you should know lyten's support email, I was just mentioning if you didn't know lyten's ways of support. When signing up, Yahoo isn't listed as a support method, so there really shouldn't be any big fuss over him not responding to something he doesn't use as much or at all. Just another thing you need to take into consideration.

Next I see lyten as a affordable web solution, now he has some very low priced plans, but great deals off them. The host isn't requried, or shouldn't be expected to backup anything but his own data, which he did. The user should know this and backup his own work as much as he wants. Now I hate to be harsh, but if your running a business and use a 56k, you might want to rethink your investment. Alternative would be to purchase a backup or service to do it for you. That way your not sitting on dialup downloading files. Although I'm sure a DB or even cpanel could be downloaded overnight.

Again your complaining they aren't stable, but it wasn't something they did wrong. As i stated the DC took it off, made a mistake, loss the data, and lyten decided to move because of it. Nothing he could of done would of made the wait any faster, he did as much as he could to get an even better service for his customers.

When signing up, Yahoo isn't listed as a support method, so there really shouldn't be any big fuss over him not responding to something he doesn't use as much or at all. Just another thing you need to take into consideration.
I am talking about Email support and AIM support. :shame:
Now I hate to be harsh, but if your running a business and use a 56k, you might want to rethink your investment. Alternative would be to purchase a backup or service to do it for you. That way your not sitting on dialup downloading files.
Can't help it buddy that's the ONLY available option in my town, and it cost a ton. :tired2:
Again your complaining they aren't stable, but it wasn't something they did wrong. As i stated the DC took it off, made a mistake, loss the data, and lyten decided to move because of it. Nothing he could of done would of made the wait any faster, he did as much as he could to get an even better service for his customers.
Then, again I told you its not the downtime that pissed me, Statichost had sevral hours of downtime yesterday only, but HE WAS THERE TO INFORM ME WITH UPDATES REGURARLY :classic2: , When the downtime was for over one hour he said that he is sorry and will make one month hosting free for just an hour of downtime, and compare this to LYTENHOST, He says Happy Coding :), Also, leave aside the refund for downtime he is now asking for MOREMONEY, i had already filed a refund via Paypal and still no reply from him. My second host pivotalwebhosting is down from around 4-5 days (my bad times) I had not to utter a word and my $1 :) was refunded, now the thing here is not the money but the gesture and how do you value your customers. LYTENHOST can never provide the one-to-one feeling and sense of security that StaticHost has provided, My last word be DON'T GO FOR LYTENHOST, LET's SEE WHAT LYTENHOST REPLY AND I WILL TRY TO GET RESPONSES OF ALL THE HOSTS ( I THINK 51 DOMAINS)
HOSTED BY HIM.

Last edited:
Abuking u made ur point dude i think its time to let it go , if they are not refunding ur money now than ur posting wont effect it even a bit , and find a better host and its not about luck all the time but luck does play major role , u can find suitable hosting . Try tree-host.com they have higher plans but atleast stable . or try lunarpages.com

Good luck. And i think its time for moderators to close this non ending argument.

Listen,
I'm really tired of you bashing me for things that are your fault. You FULLY agreed to the terms of service before you signed up, we did not offer any type of backup service and your sql file was very small so I dont see what you are talking about on the file size of that file or your html/php files. These can be downloaded via 56k or even 28.8k within minutes, easily.

As for your account, it was past due and yes, we seeked payment on the account. We offered all of our users compensation for the downtime in a form other than money or free months of hosting.

As for the notifications, we sent NUMEROUS emails, and if I recall correctly your mailz**@sanch-somedomain.com bounce each and everytime even when you tried to upgrade your account. If you dont recall this we have emails from you and our replys as well as the bounce emails. I told you to change to a better provider as if we needed to contact you that is all we had on file. If you upgraded good, if not then you should have took my advice. But we did send NUMEROUS emails updating ALL clients of the current situations.

As for Instant message support, I answered all AIM requests and I believe that you contacted me once on aim as well. So I'm not sure how you could have not contacted me when I was online about 20 hours straight working on things with AIM standing by - Connected.
As for the email support, when the server that the domain lytenhost.com is residing on goes down dont you think that the email isnt being received? It isnt. Thats why I provided ALL my PERSONAL contact information on this message board where you created this post instead of contacting me directly like a serious responsible person, if you did that at least I would have had a better time getting back to you faster than browsing this site then running over this post.

I dont mean for any of my words to be harsh, but you must understand that I did everything that I could in MY POWER to correct this situation and you still seem to point the finger where it should not be directed. If you want to point it anywhere point it at Tulip Systems and the mouse button that you clicked when you ignored the text on our pages.

As for your comment "DON'T GO FOR LYTENHOST, LET's SEE WHAT LYTENHOST REPLY AND I WILL TRY TO GET RESPONSES OF ALL THE HOSTS ( I THINK 51 DOMAINS)
HOSTED BY HIM." I can have some of these clients post here or better yet check our track record. We didnt get the good responses that we have by being a bad host.

May you have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back