• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

LytenHost.Com Server Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can be contacted personally on Yahoo! using the screenname xxcrunkonexx although I dont use Yahoo! messenger much I will stay online for a few days so that you can reach me.
I had added you too yahoo and you had not accepted the invite after 16 hrs. also, when will servers come back your downtime is causing me 200$ +/Daily in just advertising revenue and let aside the sales of my softwares.

Hey guys,
All of our clients should have gotten an email explaining the new status. All accounts should be recreated tonight and you should be emailed.

Thanks for your patience!

You should be entitled to some kind of refund or partial refund in reference to your host's Service Level Agreement if there is one.

But this matter should be between you and your host, not the whole world wide web.

Best

Thanx for the reply JLHost!
no offense, but some things that you never dealt with you have to ask others, should I start PM everybody here?
or maybe you know how to act in any situation?

No offense taken :)

In fact I take the last statement back, Lytenhost does not have a user to user forum.

Sorry.

Hello LytenHost Clients,

We've finally gotten the new server details and we are setting it up as you read this email (3:05
PM EST). Once this new server is setup you will receive another email that things are ready
and you should be able to use your old login details to login.

Data: Sadly, the old server network deleted all of our data including the LytenHost website and
configuration files. Gladly, we have a backup of the LytenHost website and data, therefore we
may recreate your accounts. Please feel free to send question Tulip Systems
http://www.ts-host.com about your data. We've been informed that its been deleted. If you'd
like to see the email that they sent us please ask for it.

Future: Please look forward to nothing but better things coming up. We love our clients very
much and have alot of making up to do. I'd also like to thank everyone personally for the
patience that they gave us!

Thanks for your time.
Sincerely,
Michael Copeland
LytenHost Sales and Support

Does that mean that, I can loose changes to my site that I performed after Lytenhost
took their last backup. :-(

Also, Now when this type of shit happens, aren't Hosting companies responsible for this, what about th 99.9% uptime gurantee, and in return you got your $5 back for revenue loss of thousands of dollars, BTW I am thiking why not pay yahoo $8 (With 1 GB Space, and 200 GB B/W) to get reliable hosting, Prior to this I was with StaticHost and a major downtime happend.

Also, Now when this type of shit happens, aren't Hosting companies responsible for this, what about th 99.9% uptime gurantee, and in return you got your $5 back for revenue loss of thousands of dollars, BTW I am thiking why not pay yahoo $8 (With 1 GB Space, and 200 GB B/W) to get reliable hosting, Prior to this I was with StaticHost and a major downtime happend.
The answer will be in your host's Terms of Service. Normally you can't hold your host responsible for loses that you incur due to downtime. If you are really loosing thousands of dollars then it is important to make sure you have your own backup solutions such as an alternative server to divert customers to if your primary server goes down etc. :)

"host's Terms of Service" - I dont think I was presented with one, I understand that this sort of things do happen, but I am asking then what is the meaning of 99.9% uptime gurantee just your $5 back, Yeah, and about the backup server thats true but the problem is that DNS propogation takes 48 Hrs., I do have another account with Avid but it has a very old backup. TJR you website's main FOCUS is the text 99.9% Uptime Gurantee, and if it does fail what you will do, Show your customers "host's Terms of Service" and there one month hosting fee back :)), I am asking why should't we pay $8 to yahoo for peace of mind.

One more thing specific to "TJR Networks", Why pay you more money then Yahoo's hosting (According to you ur biggest package which is higher priced then yahoo's but small in features then the yahoo one) when you are telling us in the forum that if you fail 99.9% Gurantee you will show us your "host's Terms of Service" :shame:

Last edited:
I think you have misinterpreted my post AbuKing. You will need to consult your host to find out exactly what their terms of services say, but we offer our customers an additional three months of hosting if uptime falls below 99.9% for a single month. We pride ourselves on having exceptionally high uptime and you can view this year's uptime so far here.

I'm not familiar with Yahoo!'s hosting services so I can't really comment. However, we offer our customers quality hosting at prices that provide good value. Everyone looks for different things in a host and that is why there is such a variation in services offered by hosts and such a wide price range.

For a couple of days of downtime, 3 days and +, you should definately be getting back your full month's payment, because 3 days of downtime is unacceptable at any host. It can only rarely happen. But refunds do depend on your host policies.

With regards to yahoo, if that is what would give you peace of mind, you should go for it.

Here's my assessment of the big plus points of Yahoo:

1: The sitebuilder for beginners. Their general interface is simple and easy to understand.
2: You are hosted by one of the biggest and recognized names on the internet. They are a large host.
3: Toll free number

My view of negatives:

1: Incompatibility and issues in installing certain scripts.
2: Lacking advanced features (such as htaccess, cronjobs)
3: Slow email support and generally, bad reviews seem to reflect on their support.

Other views on yahoo hosting:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=348704&highlight=yahoo+hosting

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=286015&highlight=yahoo+hosting

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=358401&highlight=yahoo+hosting

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360628&highlight=yahoo+hosting

Yahoo hosting is not bad at all, but it's not the best. One thing you must not do however is buy hosting and domain as a package. Having said that all three of their small business hosting plans come with a domain, so there's a catch. My view is that most beginners start with yahoo hosting and move out.

Best

Last edited:
99.9% Uptime with a relevant Service Level Agreement policy (or some sort) holds because it means that the business is clear about its policies if rarely they fail to meet the guarantee. Here's an extract from a SLA:

SERVICE LEVEL
Host endeavors to have network connectivity available for http access by third parties 99.9% of the time ("web site availability").

CREDITS
In the event that there is no web site availability, Host will credit the monthly service charge for the service as calculated below and as measured 24 hours a day in a calendar month. The maximum credit is not to exceed the monthly service charge for the affected month:

Web site availability credit
95% to 99.4% = 25%
90% to 94.9% = 50%
89.9% or below = 100%

In order for you to receive a credit on your account, you must request such credit within seven (7) business days after you experienced no web site availability so that we may check our stats and your stats. You must request credit by sending an electronic mail message to our sales. For security, the body of this message must contain your domain name, the dates and times of the unavailability of your web site, and such other customer identification requested by Host. Credits will usually be applied within sixty (60) days of your credit request. Credit to your account shall be your sole and exclusive remedy in the event that there is no web site availability.

If there is no policy presented on the website, it's good as a gimmick, yes. Then the host can choose what they want to do. And yes it has to be on the website.

Best

What you have linked to has nothing to do with uptime guarantee, you have linked to a "money back guarantee" which is about getting your money back within a web host's X days money back guarantee.

http://whreviews.com/the-uptime-guarantee.htm

This was probably what you meant. I'm not sure what written there disapproves anything I have said. Or are you raising your point about your revenue losses from the down time? (as you mentioned earlier in the thread)

I did not include that in my posts. Because hosts are not responsible for your revenue losses from the dowtimes. That is unfortunate for you, but it is too risky for hosts to cover that in the SLA. If you have been stung bad once, move to a more reliable provider.

Best

Last edited:
The most important thing to look at is the host's track record. If they have had 90% uptime over the last couple of months then you shouldn't get your hopes up that it will be 99.9% the month you sign up. However, if the host has had 99.95% uptime for the last six months then it is a good indication that they will be able to stick to their promise. I suppose you could say that an uptime guarantee is a marketing gimmick but it gives you a basis for demanding a refund etc if it falls below the guaranteed level. At least you have some sort of minimum expectation that the host agrees with.

In extreme cases where your site is down for days on end, then yes, a full refund would be what I would expect. However, once again it really comes down to your host's TOS. Always make sure you read them and fully understand them before ordering. The same goes for anything really, whether it is a software license agreement or the terms and conditions associated with your bank account. :)

Last edited:
can i still trust them?

Hi, all,i am a paid user for lytenhost.com too. Sadly, they are not ready yet now, before their down, i was so satisefied with them(including their fast support), we are patient for waiting for almost a week, but still keeping waiting here, i just want to ask someone: "can i still trust them and stay with them?" i just thinking about maybe i should move to another host, you know, before their downtime, they are really good one!
???... :confused4 :confused4 :rolleyes2 :confused4

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back