• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Lots of stuff down?

DarkBlood

NLC
NLC
I have a bit of a problem...

1. Google domains (Youtube, google mail, search, etc.) are down.
2. Yahoo domains are down... (altavista, yahoo itself, etc.)
3. Microsoft domains are down (MSN, bing, etc.)
4. Ironically, http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ is also down.

I flushed DNS resolver cache, restarted browser, etc. Still no luck.

Tracert...

Code:
Tracing route to google.com [74.125.95.106]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     6 ms     5 ms     4 ms  10.135.96.1
  2     6 ms     9 ms     6 ms  csw01ftbgwi-gbe-10-45.ftbg.wi.charter.com [96.34
.20.80]
  3     7 ms     6 ms     7 ms  crr01ftbgwi-tge-0-1-0-4.ftbg.wi.charter.com [96.
34.16.35]
  4    13 ms    13 ms    12 ms  crr01euclwi-tge-0-2-0-0.eucl.wi.charter.com [96.
34.16.116]
  5    12 ms    12 ms    21 ms  96-34-16-228.static.unas.wi.charter.com [96.34.1
6.228]
  6    12 ms    12 ms    13 ms  bbr02euclwi-tge-0-0-0-6.eucl.wi.charter.com [96.
34.2.78]
  7    21 ms    20 ms    21 ms  bbr01chcgil-tge-0-1-0-4.chcg.il.charter.com [96.
34.0.62]
  8    21 ms    20 ms    21 ms  prr01chcgil-tge-1-1.chcg.il.charter.com [96.34.3
.9]
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

wonder if it'll go up soon.

Uhm, yeah that would be you not the internet... Gmail hasn't been down in 74 days :) and most of the things you listed haven't been down in a while...

Uhm, yeah that would be you not the internet... Gmail hasn't been down in 74 days :) and most of the things you listed haven't been down in a while...

So basically, I have a whole day to sit around and watch TV? yay!

Not like I can go outside with Thunderstorms rumbling all over the state.

Use Google public DNS, it works 10x better than ISP's DNS resolvers. Although, based on the traceroute, it looks like one of your ISP's routers was hosed.

Possibly an outage at the ISP.

Also check for signs of malware. I know some like the ever-common Virtumode/Vundo line block all major search engines, Windows Update, and a couple of other things. They then proceed to download and install Rogue Malware to try and scare you into buying antivirus.

Possibly an outage at the ISP.

Also check for signs of malware. I know some like the ever-common Virtumode/Vundo line block all major search engines, Windows Update, and a couple of other things. They then proceed to download and install Rogue Malware to try and scare you into buying antivirus.

I always wondered who is dumb enough to fall for these Rogue antivirus apps? Well, a lot of people, its scary how thick some people really are. I have no sympathy for these idiots.

I always wondered who is dumb enough to fall for these Rogue antivirus apps? Well, a lot of people, its scary how thick some people really are. I have no sympathy for these idiots.

These "idiots" are generally just misinformed people who don't spend their whole lives trying to master a stupid machine that needs to be replaced every couple of years. When you actually take the time to inform someone like that, they tend to learn and they then don't make the same mistake. It's the people who THINK they actually know anything about computers that are the biggest screw ups. Damn newbs. Like when I was a technician, people told me how to do my job, yet they screwed the computer up to begin with, I was fixing it.
/rant :evilb:

Back