• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for new host for my file hosting site

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimchris

im hosting a large file upload site with a highly targeted traffic so need to find a better host that can handle it. Any good host to recommend? Thanks in advance.

Do you have any space and bandwidth requirements? Please also include your budget so that hosts may help you.

For a large traffic file hosting site. How much space and bandwith do i need? Of course the more the better but frankly im not sure of how much i actually needed? Can anyone please advice on this? Btw, i prefer cpanel with Linux Operating system.

price no idea but just name it and if reasonable i would take up the offer but make sure is a reliable hosting provider also must be uptime 100% and fast speed.

Just to clarify, since you've said two different things, are you looking for recommendations or offers?

anything would be fine as long i can move on to a better host as soon as possible. Any offer would be appreciate.

Basic
Plan Features:
5Gig Bandwidth
1Gig Diskspace
Unlimited Sub Domains
Unlimited Email Accounts
Unlimited Mysql's
Cpanel
£1.95 per month
Signup Here

Intermediate
Plan Features:
10Gig Bandwidth
2Gig Diskspace
Unlimited Sub Domains
Unlimited Email Accounts
Unlimited Mysql's
Cpanel
£3.00 per month
Signup Here

Advanced
Plan Features:
40Gig Bandwidth
5Gig Diskspace
Unlimited Sub Domains
Unlimited Email Accounts
Unlimited Mysql's
Cpanel
£5.95 per month
Signup Here

30 Day Money Back
Instant Account Activation
24Hr Support Via Ticket
100% Up Time

website is currently down but will be back up soon as new website its being uploaded shortly.

kimchris said:
price no idea but just name it and if reasonable i would take up the offer but make sure is a reliable hosting provider also must be uptime 100% and fast speed.

No host can offer 100% uptime. The servers need to be reboated from time to time.

im offering maximum 200MB upload per file and members upload at 1GB so the above offered may not able to handle that. Anymore?

kimchris said:
im offering maximum 200MB upload per file and members upload at 1GB so the above offered may not able to handle that. Anymore?
What do you think would handle that? I am guessing 10 GB disk space and 100 GB Bdata transfer might do it, but it all depends on the number of clients you have. Can you tell us what you currently have and if you need more?

say you got 250 members
thats 48gigs of space and 250gigs of bw
optimise your stuff so you fit nicely in 80gb space and 1000gb bandwidth. most low-end dedicated come with this config. 80gb // 1000gb

lower space or increase bandwidth

Minimum = VPS
Recomended = Dedicated server

you need 40-100$ / mo for hosting if want something reliable
otherwise get one of those unlimited bandiwdth for 4.99$/mo plans, but dont be suprised if it goes down in a week. You get the idea.

Last edited:
Wojtek said:
http://www.layeredtech.com/layer1.php?g=13

L2-AMD-SEMP-2600-A

# AMD Sempron 2600
# 80GB IDE Hard Drive
# 512MB DDR RAM
# Bandwidth: 1000GB
# FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, Windows(+20$)

65$ /mo
That does not come with a control panel, for example cPanel would be $25 extra per month for a total of $90 per month. But its still a pretty good offer, Im not sur I could beat it. I will look an if I can I will post back. Also "FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, Windows(+20$" is indicating that the *nix operating systems are free and windows is an extra $20 per month.

just checked that still needed to pay extra $$$ for some basic add on such as Cpanel, not worth it but thanks anyway.

its a dedicated server
a whole box for you

linux is free
if you wants windows 2003 on it you pay 20$/mo more

its not a shared acount or reseller where everything is done for you, you do everything. They only support hardware/network issues. They wont debug your script or cpanel or whatever or investigate high server loads. Part of why the price is low. It's unmanaged.

so if your like me and got no time to learn all the linux crap get a windows dedicated.

not instant activation, they gotta assemble the computer first. but its a quite reasonable wait time. and its not my site :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back