• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

KwiX down yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.
The server isn't down! Only the dns is down which means that all your files are still there.

Yes I know that, I said that a few posts ago. Since the domain has been renewed a few days ago, I am surpised that websites are still to be online again (maybe it will take a few more days). It is still possible for files to go missing if anything happens to the server during this DNS downtime.

I do everything on my computer then upload it. I also have a current back up of my forum. Needless to say with the current state of things with them, I will most likely switch to a different hosting co. as soon as I am able.

Yes I know that, I said that a few posts ago. Since the domain has been renewed a few days ago, I am surpised that websites are still to be online again (maybe it will take a few more days). It is still possible for files to go missing if anything happens to the server during this DNS downtime.

Files don't go missing because of dns downtime.

Kwix server's are up and working, the domain, kwix.info appears to be expired, the domain kwix-host.com appears to be active but the records show it points to ns1.kwix.info and ns2.kwix.info, and as kwix.info is expired, the site does not work. To get to cPanel you can use http://u3help.eu.org:2082 or http://66.96.250.165:2082

Last edited:
I was just about to point out that you could check the ip addresses and go there directly.

Kid beat me to it.

So here I am,
After seeing KwiX being down, I thought i'd visit here and take a look to see what was happening. Obviously, Aaron + Nick didn't realise that the domains had gone. Since my phone is in repairs, Aaron wouldn't have had no means of contact whatsoever with me, usually any problems and he'll ring me.

For the people who don't know, I was the old head of KwiX. Due to personal dedications, I've never had the due time yet again to be the head and had to leave. With the time I do have I just give a little check to see if everything is working.

So... basically, the main KwiX.info domain has expired. Its the domain which has the server NS, Hostname etc etc. The server itself is fine, all files remain intact and you can be backup'd via the link Stonerocket gave you.

I'm trying to renew this domain but I'm using my personal account which doesn't have a credit card... Pfft

I'm trying to renew this domain but I'm using my personal account which doesn't have a credit card... Pfft

I would be more then happy to help - so your customers can get back to normal :)

Thanks,
Adam

Ladies and Gentlement,

Let me introduce myself formally.

My name is Aaron and I am now in charge of kwix-host.com

First of all I would like to give my most sincere apologises to all our free clients for the problems they are facing, if they had a domain account and reqested private domain name servers there accounts will be working fine.

Unfortunately if they have subdomain with either .kwix.info or .kxs.in it will not be working at the moment for the reasons stated above but please let me reiterate them.

Our subdomain .kxs.in uses the base nameservers ns1.kwix.info and ns2.kwix.info and our main site kwix-host.com uses the base nameservers ns1.kwix.info,

Now because kwix.info has expired all of the sites which use those nameservers are null and void.

Unfortunately when Jonny left KwiX he informed us he was leaving for good, and both blocked and removed everyone from KwiX from him msn which makes him virtually uncontactable.

I am only here just now as a member of staff advised me the thread existed.

When Jonny was with the company he handled all the domain side of things and when he left he never passed on any login information for all our domain registrars, yes not very organised of us and when I realised I had no information for that side of things he had already removed us all from MSN etc so we had no way of contacting him.

But thats all in the past, I am sure you want to know what we are doing in the future!

We are working hard to try and get back in touch with Jonny to get all domains renewed and working again. We are also trying to get Jonny to get the kwix-host.com domain registrat information to us so we can change the nameservers to run on the ip address of our server so we can at least get our main site back up.

For free users once this is all done your account will go back to normal and then for paid users the same will happen however we will compensate your account as a good will gesture due to the downtime you have received.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions here or get in touch with myself via private message and I will try and help you as much as possible through this bad state of events.

Best Wishes,

Aaron
KwiX Host Management

If it helps anyone, they can use the nameservers ns1.construction-rs.com and ns2.construction-rs.com

Sorry for any inconvience caused.

Don't even know why i'm bothering...

I am glad you are bothering. At least a few of us have a definite answer as to what is going on.

Ladies and Gentlement,
we will compensate your account as a good will gesture due to the downtime you have received.

Not really needed, if it were down for 2 weeks I could see, or if I were losing a bit of income.

I have just renewed the domain folks, things should be coming back to normal very soon.

Once again we can only apologise for this unfortunate mishap.

Me and Aaron have sorted the domains, everything will be back online till maybe 2010? Hehe.. Well I'll be in touch till everything gets sorted and Aaron has my phone num, for emergancies. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back