• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

KwiX down yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never_pay

Wish we could get some info but seems nobody from KwiX is even online to answer any questions.
No iPanel.No MSN contacts.Come on guys you gotta be available when this type of thing goes down.I was expecting lots a traffic today from an affiliate and now I look like a fool that cant deliver.

Even coming here and posting a heads up would be appreciated.

:beer:

Okay, your talking about a free host. Technically, they are not obliged to help you as its a free service they offer out of their own free nature. Your not bound by a legal contract/payment. ;)

It's called courtesy.I also have a contract that says I have to make posts to get hosting.I follow that rule and therefore they sorta do owe it to inform me when things go bad.I do pay, only in a different way.

But, its not a bound and legal contract like money is. Lol, I'm not trying to say anything against you, its just a free host. Free hosts start and stop.

Anyways, I'm sure Johnny has an explanation.

I'm sure he does but it would be nice, free hosting or not, to inform his users whats going on.We are given 2 ways to find out whats going on but both are not available.

'Why pay?'

Better support, better uptime, better service in general.
Free hosts do have a lot of problems, so do paid hosts, but when you pay, at least you CAN actually expect support.

Courtesy?

Do you think support staff comes free these days? If you rely on uptime then pay for hosting. Simple as that.

For one kwix is a paid host too...

I'm sure they'll have some reasonable explanation after its up...
------
And as far as free hosting goes, if I am going to offer free resources on my website, I don't find it reallly logical to pay and lose money. But this is just my website.
------
p.s. They offer 99% uptime, not 100% uptime. This meaning about an average of 3.6524 24 hour days per year will be down.

Last edited:
but when you pay, at least you CAN actually expect support.

If you rely on uptime then pay for hosting.

Need I remind you of a few Burst resellers? I'm sure customers of those resellers were expecting support and uptime for the money they paid.

I think you may find quite a few "paid" hosts that have let their clients down. Including some well established ones.

Heres the deal.If this were paid hosting what would be said from you guys?
Only because I have the free plan, support is null? I do pay.I pay by posting.If I do not post I lose my hosting.It's just like money being paid.My 15 posts per month are like $15/month ( I know it doesn't equal to that but just saying )

=========================================
I don't mind that they have downtime from time to time.I just would like to know why, when, and how long.I would also like to have means of getting hold of them.Being left in the dark for a 24hr period with no answers is not very good hosting ethics.You cant post how great you are and how other sites do this sort of thing and then do it yourself.

KwiX is great when they are up.Support is great when they are up.But when they go down, it seems any type of support goes as well.

Need I remind you of a few Burst resellers? I'm sure customers of those resellers were expecting support and uptime for the money they paid.

I think you may find quite a few "paid" hosts that have let their clients down. Including some well established ones.

that's treading into deep waters in a thread not relating to Burst's resellers.
to the OP: i've seen alot of people with your views. If somethings goes pop, wouldn't you prefer the admins' fixing the problem rather than being on some forums posting what has happened and replying to about 50 topics about the same issue.
From the username and signature, you seem to want it all for nothing, but not to give something back.

I never said they.....man some of you just plain do not read well do you?
I never said they had to hang out on a forum replying to issues.I said it would be nice if they simply posted a small blurb about the issue and will let everyone know when the issue is resolved.I don't think thats asking too much.

From the username and signature, you seem to want it all for nothing, but not to give something back.
Yes, you should take my internet forum name seriously .... :rolleyes:
Again your not reading well are you.I receive hosting for my participation on their forums.I don't exactly call that "wanting it all for nothing" and I surely do give back by posting for my hosting.Thats why it is called "post4host"

You seriously just compared 15 posts per month to $15 per month.

But first off, I do agree, you are doing something to get hosting, not nothing.

However, when a web host goes down, and all there support options are online via ticket system or forums are on the same server that went down then how do you expect them to provide support.

You're basically saying hey I bought this dvd player from this electronic store, and you guys are closed at the minute but I still expect you guys to be there for me to exchange/return it because it's not working out for me.

The best thing you can do is wait for them to come up. They have been in the business for quite sometime therefore it's most likely that your information is not gone and everything will still be there when they come back up. Once they do come back up i suggest you go a head and ask what was the cause of the downtime and to make sure if the have taken any procedure to prevent it from happening once again.

You are not really helping them keep the server going by doing a few forum posts per month. I am guessing that you do your required time and leave and then come back when you need to the next month to post so much and leave.

If you do it that way how can they get to know you or make enough revenue to survive, not much.

Also may I add that support isn't really free. The owners must pay for the workers who answer the support tickets. But you post a whooping 15 posts per month and you expect to get it free fast and forever. It's free yes, when they have the chance to get to you, not fast.

As for them not providing support via MSN, that's their choice. I do not provide MSN to every client. I do to my friends who I befriend on my forum. They have more than 200 posts. All in less than a month. I also provide Instant messaging support to those clients who are paid or donate to our cause.

I'm not trying to flame you but add in my two cents.
Have a nice day,
Dan

Lets try this again.........reading seems to be of a problem around here.
I said "( I know it doesn't equal to that but just saying )" It was an analogy.Probably not the best but I was trying to make the point that rather than pay, I post.

I also stated that support does not end on the hosted site.They offer MSN but as I said, they were not online.In fact I was once even told that when this issue happens I should resort to MSN.Well I did and nobody was there.They have a large enough staff that I am sure one of them could have been online.
They also have this forum.If they can make offer posts here I am quite sure they can post a little something to let customers know whats up.I'm pretty sure they got most of their clients from here anyway so they are sure to know we would come here looking for something when all else fails.

As for my post counts for hosting.I do more than what is required.Maybe some don't but I do.I know posting doesn't earn them money to host me.Fact I never understood the whole "post4host" thing but hey, they offer it, I'll take it.

I will sum it up here.
KwiX is great.They really are.But when downtime like this hits and there is no support for paid or free, it really makes customers think.I mean what if I were to go paid with them.Now I do pay for support yet here I am in the same boat.
So see, it doesn't really matter free or paid.When the system goes down, it goes down for all and support is just not for complaints.It's a way of finding out what the deal is.
I'm sue things are fine.It might even be a nice upgrade that will benefit us.But we just don't know that.

wow, you moan alot.
If your site is making money it is always best to go with a old paid host..... Not free, Posting on forums isnt paying :|

Who said anything about making money? Is that you in your avatar?

Do people just skim over what people type only seeing the parts they want to?

Lets try this again.........reading seems to be of a problem around here.
I said "( I know it doesn't equal to that but just saying )" It was an analogy.Probably not the best but I was trying to make the point that rather than pay, I post.

I also stated that support does not end on the hosted site.They offer MSN but as I said, they were not online.In fact I was once even told that when this issue happens I should resort to MSN.Well I did and nobody was there.They have a large enough staff that I am sure one of them could have been online.
They also have this forum.If they can make offer posts here I am quite sure they can post a little something to let customers know whats up.I'm pretty sure they got most of their clients from here anyway so they are sure to know we would come here looking for something when all else fails.

As for my post counts for hosting.I do more than what is required.Maybe some don't but I do.I know posting doesn't earn them money to host me.Fact I never understood the whole "post4host" thing but hey, they offer it, I'll take it.

I will sum it up here.
KwiX is great.They really are.But when downtime like this hits and there is no support for paid or free, it really makes customers think.I mean what if I were to go paid with them.Now I do pay for support yet here I am in the same boat.
So see, it doesn't really matter free or paid.When the system goes down, it goes down for all and support is just not for complaints.It's a way of finding out what the deal is.
I'm sue things are fine.It might even be a nice upgrade that will benefit us.But we just don't know that.

You really are quite belligerent, you know?

I'm sure their paid clients have access to a couple more support options, and I wouldn't be surprised if they had them on a separate server as well.

Despite the fact that you 'pay' for the service by posting, the others are right, you don't really have a legally binding contract, you're still essentially getting the hosting for free (15 posts a month is nothing).

You do make decent points about the support though, the free hosting is somewhat a way to get new paid clients, and it certainly doesn't help them when issues like this arise.

Who said anything about making money? Is that you in your avatar?

Do people just skim over what people type only seeing the parts they want to?

Or people are tired of your moaning.

What are you accomplishing with this thread? Maybe if you weren't acting like the world revolves around you people would be "reading" your posting wonders.

Last edited:
Tired of my moaning? Who said you had to deal with it or anyone else? You have the option of not reading.Your letting it bother which really is a little more pitiful than my bickering.
I'm sure you decided many posts ago that you were tired of my moaning.You could have chose at that time to not come into this thread any longer.But here you are.

Tired of my moaning? Who said you had to deal with it or anyone else? You have the option of not reading.Your letting it bother which really is a little more pitiful than my bickering.
I'm sure you decided many posts ago that you were tired of my moaning.You could have chose at that time to not come into this thread any longer.But here you are.

I suggest you re-read the thread. Most importantly the posts that mention you being belligerent and you moaning. Quite comical how you just keep on coming back yet you are still getting nowhere. It is 5:03AM where I am and a bit of amusement (such as this thread.. and yourself) are needed under these circumstances. Good luck with your sites ;)

PS: You do realize you could have gotten FREE HOSTING with all the useless posts you made here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back