• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

KwiX down yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm on a paid plan with them (real paid $$$) and yet i'm in the same boat, we have a diff server but it's down too , no support , no msn , no phone .. zip zero zilch

it's a crappy host , i wish i listened ......

Who said anything about making money? Is that you in your avatar?

Do people just skim over what people type only seeing the parts they want to?

I was expecting lots a traffic today from an affiliate and now I look like a fool that cant deliver.
Erm, YOU! :knockedou
YES IT IS, thats me....... :classic2:

Last edited:
They are down becuase the domain(kwix.info) they use for dns and everything expired yesterday the 4/14. That's why.

That isn't very smart of them. They decided to wait for it to expire before trying to renew it. If they renewed it several days before it expired then there would of not been this large downtime.

Its been down for over 24 hours I believe.

I am a paid customer of them and don't know of any other support options other than the website which is not currently accessible. Signed up in Jan. this year, so they're not off to a good start with me. :angry2:

That isn't very smart of them. They decided to wait for it to expire before trying to renew it. If they renewed it several days before it expired then there would of not been this large downtime.

Its been down for over 24 hours I believe.

I'm going to have to assume that Johnny had control of the domain, they didn;t realize it was going to expire, and when it did, they were caught off guard. Probably waiting for Johnny to check his messages. Once that happens he can pass off ownership/renew so it gets set properly. That and they've probably started moving their dns (hopefully), but they'll need to tell their customers so they can change their nameservers.

This is all speculation of course.

I'm going to have to assume that Johnny had control of the domain, they didn;t realize it was going to expire, and when it did, they were caught off guard. Probably waiting for Johnny to check his messages. Once that happens he can pass off ownership/renew so it gets set properly. That and they've probably started moving their dns (hopefully), but they'll need to tell their customers so they can change their nameservers.

This is all speculation of course.

And if your right -- then it is very poor business plannning ..

But of course people shouldn't be doing is speculating.. There should already be answers!

Adam

wow, you moan alot.
If your site is making money it is always best to go with a old paid host..... Not free, Posting on forums isnt paying :|

exactly. which is why i said "takes all for nothing".
posting on the forum wont bring in cash, just posts and impressions of adverts, if they have any. if you want to "pay", then you can at least click an ad a few times.

I just checked and saw that the domain has been renewed...

Created On:14-Apr-2007 15:07:47 UTC
Last Updated On:14-Apr-2008 22:25:45 UTC
Expiration Date:14-Apr-2009 15:07:47 UTC

A suggest idea for all hosts, is to start a small blog on someone elses server, that way if your host every goes down members can go to your blog (hosted elsewhere) and learn about the problems.

Wow.......so it looks like the "FREE" guy isn't the only one with the problem.
Imagine how easy it would be to inform your customers on a site like this.Hell, it took another host to look into the issue and let us know what the deal is!

It's almost like the admins avoided embarrassment by not coming here and explaining to customers.

So I am a free customer.Ok fine you don't have to give me support.But now learning paid customers are in the same exact boat?!

gamez:
Your totally right.As I said be before they could come here and post since they probably get a majority of customers from here anyway.

Wow.......so it looks like the "FREE" guy isn't the only one with the problem.
Imagine how easy it would be to inform your customers on a site like this.Hell, it took another host to look into the issue and let us know what the deal is!

It's almost like the admins avoided embarrassment by not coming here and explaining to customers.

So I am a free customer.Ok fine you don't have to give me support.But now learning paid customers are in the same exact boat?!

gamez:
Your totally right.As I said be before they could come here and post since they probably get a majority of customers from here anyway.

Please note that Jonny is the main person who posts here about Kwix. Since he has quit, thats why posts arent being made here. I don't think any other members of the Kwix team are members here (I may be wrong), even if they are, they don't advertise Kwix here.

When did he quite? last I saw, he helped me with a problem few weeks ago.
Also, the last from him on here was March 8th and then the newest for Kwix hosting was made by member Kwix Host on April 7th
So there is someone here who could have posted something.

Eclouds:
I only got attitude when I was being called a whiner and I had no right to moan since I get free hosting.
It didn't matter what type of hosting I got.The fact was that Kwix dropped the ball on support for EVERY CUSTOMER

I just checked and saw that the domain has been renewed...

A suggest idea for all hosts, is to start a small blog on someone elses server, that way if your host every goes down members can go to your blog (hosted elsewhere) and learn about the problems.

I would recommend every free hosting provider host their main site on a different server than the server/s with free accounts on.

I really hope that they have a full backup of everything, I am sure most members don't make backups of their files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back