• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

JSHosts 1 year review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitebee

UFO Hunter
NLC
So over the years ive used lots of hosting providers (almost a decade), why so many? well most of them have been ----e!

Being a FWS forum member for some time now ive noticed JSHosts stand out from the rest. Reasons: stability and professionalism.

So last summer I thought I`d give JSHosts (John & team) a shot. Started with a reseller account, which i never had any problems with what so-ever for the 9 months I was it using for.

Also have a couple of VPS`s with JSHosts one I used for a former free host I used to run (freeftpspace.org) and the one I use currently for my freelance web design work. Both have been fantastic, never had any major issues what so-ever.

So from someone that has used many providers in the past, I can highly recommend JSHosts, In simple they offer fantastic hosting with good support at great value.

Their URL: www.jshosts.com

Thank you for the great review! I'm glad you're really happy with the services you're using and have used in the past :)

I have always been a big hostgator fan but a review from a respectable member really helps a lot.

I will contact you by PM to ask a few more questions about your experience as I am also looking for a web host with a good reseller web hosting.

I have always been a big hostgator fan but a review from a respectable member really helps a lot.

Honestly, HostGator will not compare to some of the smaller companies you find here. With the good companies on this site, you aren't treated like a number, or given the "We have 50 million other clients, we don't care if you are happy" attitude. HostGator is now run by EIG, which if you do some research, has the history of taking decent hosts and completely running them into the ground. You also won't find "unlimited" hosts here, as it's not allowed. It's not allowed because it's nothing more than a horrible marketing scam.

I cannot praise JSHosts enough, John goes above and beyond in making sure the clients are happy. I love my VPS I have with them, fast and very powerful. :)

Hostgator, haha who? Would never go anywhere near their services, I would`nt even buy a domain from them.

I cannot praise JSHosts enough, John goes above and beyond in making sure the clients are happy. I love my VPS I have with them, fast and very powerful. :)

Hostgator, haha who? Would never go anywhere near their services, I would`nt even buy a domain from them.
It's really great you have found the right host for your needs.

How long has the host been around, it’s beneficial if they have been established for some time, but this doesn’t mean rule out the really new ones but if you are going to choose a newish hoster, ask your self how are you going to feel if your site just disappears and you have no chance of getting it back?

I had a site from a host that was hosted by JSHosts. The admin of the site was not around once when I was having a problem, and then in desperation wrote directly to JSHosts - and got an almost immediate reply from John himself. It is definitely a great service with very high security.

Only thing I have, which is more a problem on my side, is that as a result of its security settings, and the fact that my IP is a dynamic one with a shorter interval than the international average, I got logged out frequently from cPanel. I worked my way around that of course, by making sure I knew what I was doing when I logged in. And then another challenge, which again is not unique as most hosts are moving away from FrontPage Extensions, is that FrontPage Extensions are not available - also due to security risks associated with FP Extensions. Again, easy to work one's way around that too. Website security comes first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back