• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Jewlzk.com Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decker - i'll leave it up to the mods - I am just offering what I feel is a solution to the problem.

If the mods feel it's the wrong thing, please remove. I will take an infraction, i am just trying to help.

I know and just my personal opinion that it might be seen as a mistimed offer that's all :)

How about the above question about how you got root back?
the more we can get even small details the more we can help each other get this whole mess sorted, thanks.

Not impressed. I've been getting a hell of a lot of downtime recently, and this just takes the biscuit. I was actually planning on moving anyway, but I'm still annoyed.

I'm on optimus prime, and I can get on through cpanel and ftp (luckily, as I have no other backups). All I can do is hope the server stays online for a few more hours...

JJ, I'd be very careful when dealing with Joe.

He may just take you for a run for your money.

He's ruined multiple companies.

Yes - I got my root back on the machine on the new network.

:doh!: okay how many ways can I ask - how, who, why, where, what - throw us a clue why don't you!

How did you get it back????????? Who gave you the access details?????

Sorry on the dbl dbl post.

I am working my best to try and contact Roland myself and get customer data. But - it's a challenge when you are trying to communicate with someone who doesn't want to communicate.

Thanks Josh, the cPanel logins are fine but as you know don't help in getting the whole server sorted out in the interm. So it needs root.

As you can see frustation is kicking in :) with not being able to get contact for the one piece of info we really need.

Thanks Tyler, at least it leaves a ray of hope as it seems he does have that info, so it's now a waiting game.

I can understand completely how the frustration in something like this would be there. Tylar has filled be in on as much as possible, as well as the details here on this thread...

I am very sorry to see you guys going though these headaches, this is something no client should ever have to go through.

We got the same subnet ownership Tylar, thanks. - No reply :/

Ironically Josh we got a hosting award this week for reliability, customer satisfaction & 100% uptime - I'd be too embaressed to put that on the site now.

Decker,

Congratulations, and at the same time - I am sorry to hear that.

Like i've said, I am here to help in any way I can. If it means offering my support staff to you free of charge, I am willing to. I feel horrible for all the clients who are caught in this struggle.

UPDATE:

Somebody is lying in this whole issue. It's either Roland or Zogmo, I really don't know but you decide.

My MSN Convo with my client.
Ruth says:
1. Zogmo says the servers are gone
Ruth says:
2. Roland says the servers were getting a new bandwidth provider

So with this information and a simple tracert we can see that point 1 is correct, and point 2 is correct in the fact that they have moved datacentres however there is nothing to verify that the servers have been sold yet. That point is only proved correct if what Zogmo is saying is correct.

I am trying to keep everyone up to date on everything as I find it out, However do remember, I can't guarantee 100% accuracy as I am just the middle man.

Cheers,
Tylar

I wish Roland would update us on the situation. - As he seems to be the only guy with the knowledge in his brain who can confidently answer 'What the heck is going on?' He is going to lose a lot of business doing all this; including my own.

I am one of Tyvo's friends. Basically what he has been saying is what I have been hearing myself. I spoke with Roland on the telephone last night, and I was called by a rep of Zogmo last night also.

I don't know what the real story is, but I do know that something odd is happening here. All I want was a server with no downtime. I don't run anything fancy, just a few client sites as a sideline to my regular business. I got notified by siteuptime that my server was down, and as usual when it was down, it was a Saturday night (like the last big downtime). Traceroute told me that anything going to Jewlzk subnet (that I was aware of) died at the zogmo demarc router.

My downtime was something like 5 + hours because of changes required to update my registars, to update DNS servers, to get cpanel reregistered on the new IP and so forth.

I am up and running now for the most part. Am getting some timeouts, but mostly it is running. I am backing everything up JUST IN CASE.

I did not receive the official email from Jewlzk, I did receive the one from zogmo. Something smells very bad. The thing that bothers me the most is the total lack of notice that something was going to happen. If I had known this, I could make plans, tell clients, and so forth, but the first notice I had is that the server was down down down.

Whatever has happened, it is an ugly situation, as zogmo has advised me to move off that network NOW, and suggested some non zogmo hosted dedicated server hosts to go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back