• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Jewlzk.com Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunate. It seemed like a stable company, it is surprising that it comes to an end in such ways. Sounds to me like someone needed a quick buck from that sale.

No Problem Jonny - It's the little i can do for a great provider. If you need any assistance - add me up aswell - i can help you out.

Anyways - apparently - their is a new owner and he is trying to save the clientel - we shall see what happens. I know that my friend isn't staying with his bs tactics any longer.

Trexhost - IF you were owed 50,000k wouldn't you say something to try and get your money or find out more what's going on? Maybe I'm wrong, we will only know when he comes to speak his piece.

B class scan is still running and your's hasn't shown yet (takes ages to do one of these) apparently the range is still in Houston.

If you have boxes that were in Zogmo try modifying your access IP's to 216.139.83.last octet to whatever it was previously.

Not saying any more at the moment and this may not work for you.

Just say I'm working on finding out more from our side of things not Jewlzk's side.

Pipped me to it J J - can you log in as root?

If you can't find yours let me know the main domain name and I'll see if I can find it for you.

I have 2 servers with Jewlzk, and I cannot login to root using any of my passwords via root SSH/WHM.

Also when I said I was confused, the OP of this thread said there was trouble with Roland (being chased by cops) and also selling all his equipment. Then suddenly I get an email from Jewlzk.

I mean if Roland had things sorted, surely he would have his very own website up? :confused4 He has left us with no means of support.

My main IPs:

38.114.204.30 ns1.vlexodns.com
38.114.204.31 ns2.vlexopremium.com

Last edited:
Trex the DC is simply stating the facts, as their rep is on the line to so they have to be clear.

Yeah, I've made him aware, from the sounds of the email at first respone it could have a fishy side. Revealing details to anyone who asked, personal details. I got the same response so yeah. We'll see what Roland says. Anyone got a phone number? Mobile?

I have 2 servers with Jewlzk, and I cannot login to root using any of my passwords via root SSH/WHM.

Also when I said I was confused, the OP of this thread said there was trouble with Roland (being chased by cops) and also selling all his equipment. Then suddenly I get an email from Jewlzk.

I mean if Roland had things sorted, surely he would have his very own website up? :confused4 He has left us with no means of support.

I'd ignore the cop chase post, even if the Jewlzk box was up it still has to propogate, I got the same e-mail about 7 hours ago so he's possibly just getting round everyone.

I was checking about root as to cleanly shut a server down you have to login as root, so he's likel;y had to brute force/hack the passwords to change them so he could shutdown the boxes without just pulling cables.

Do a tracert too JJ to check the box your logging into resolves to the right domain/server name.

Just the means of the story as it was told to me. What we understand so far is that there is some debt with Jewlzk and Zogmo, however all Jewlzk servers were picked up last night and then taken to, what I guess as, another DC. According to Zogmo these servers were sold to that company which is a discount provider. I have been able to access one of my clients servers their, and I can tell you already the new network, even with this so called redundancy, is absolute crap. As more and more servers are getting put online, the network is bugging down and getting slower and slower. This is definably not an upgrade.

Cheers,
Tylar

PM'd you the number I have Jonny, please don't post it, if anyone else really needs it ask me.

Decker, can I also have the number? Also what number is this, I have his office number, however I called him this morning and couldn't get through to anyone.

Thank you.

Just the means of the story as it was told to me. What we understand so far is that there is some debt with Jewlzk and Zogmo, however all Jewlzk servers were picked up last night and then taken to, what I guess as, another DC. According to Zogmo these servers were sold to that company which is a discount provider. I have been able to access one of my clients servers their, and I can tell you already the new network, even with this so called redundancy, is absolute crap. As more and more servers are getting put online, the network is bugging down and getting slower and slower. This is definably not an upgrade.

Cheers,
Tylar

I remember a Tylar that worked for Jewlzk, are you him?

I've made a call to Roland on behalf of Johnny and my cleint, and left a message. Hopefully he will call me back so that I can get a response. I will let you know what i find out.

Cheers,
Tylar

Yep Tylar posted a couple of times as tylar_jewlzk if I remember right, that comment is a bit off as the switch might not be configured yet to full speed that the boxes are being connected too.

PM'd you the number JJ, might be the same one.

Yes - it was me who worked there. I left for reasons which I prefer not to disclose. This is the reason why I am trying to rectify everyone's problems because I have a lot of contact info for Roland.

However - at no time, do i want to be affiliated with Jewlzk in this ordeal. I left 4 months ago, and I had no part in anything that is going on.

I am simply the guy looking to get the customers which he has left deaf, some answers.

Cheers,
Tylar

According to Zogmo these servers were sold to that company which is a discount provider. I have been able to access one of my clients servers their, and I can tell you already the new network, even with this so called redundancy, is absolute crap. As more and more servers are getting put online, the network is bugging down and getting slower and slower. This is definably not an upgrade.

Cheers,
Tylar
Do you know where the servers are now located? Have you tried a doing an rDNS on the IP? If people knew where the servers were being moved it might be helpful as the could contact the new owner (if Roland indeed sold out).

The range appears to be still in Houston, TX and most IP's rDNS to vsbw.com, a very cheap looking company I'll admit, the servers (including the jewlzk.com ones) appear to be there but getting root to your server is still a problem.

The root part suggests that Roland had to hack the boxes to do a clean shutdown rather than just power them off (this is a good thing and suggests he's trying his best), so there might yet be a bright side - I hope.

tyvo did you manage to get root on the one you could access?

Last edited:
This is just an aside and possibly nothing but for the first time over the last week zogmo.com machines started to connect to my sites (logs and stats showed their own zogmo.com systems) - wonder why that was?

Yes - I was given root access to the box last night - the machine has all the data - and we are currently working on moving it to a machine on my network.

The dns was messed up - but after some easy DNS ip changes, it was fixed.

The provider he moved to is a cheap provider, and I am giving a pre-heads up that their network is absolute crap. It's slow, and I am using it right now.

I don't want to advertise in this thread as that is not what I am trying to do with this next sentence.

I am willing to help all Jewlzk customers get back on their feet. There are a variety of networks available, and I will recommend them to you. If your looking for a great american provider I will say that Richard and Patrick from Galaxy-Solutions.com are the way to go!

If your looking for a canadian provider, check me out.

However no matter where you go - i will do my best to help you get there. All you need to do is add me to msn, bakedkarma@hotmail.com. I will help you get your data moved over, free of charge.

Cheers All,
Tylar

Thanks Tylar, was it Roland that gave root back or was it unchanged?? As this seems to be the problem at the moment as we can't fix the IP/DNS issues.

And really mate take out those two paragraphs advertising, no offence to those you recommend as I have great respect for them too, but this is not the right time :) ands I know it's only because your trying to help in a very tricky situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back