• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

is liquidweb good?

kix

i am considering to move to a paid webhost,

i am not sure which one is good, i am pretty sure liquidweb is a big comppany but is it reliable?

it seems to be quite expensive :eek2:

but what about the hosts like some of the members have here eg yours (deise host)

are they reliable comparing to liquidweb?

thanks!

I can't comment on my own but there are some really good hosting providers here at FWS such as Hosting-Shack, Availnetworks etc
Check the hosting offers forums to see them all.

yeah but I hear the guy from Avail is a jerk so I dont know if I would go that route :D

Liquidweb has a great reputation and a huge customer base, you should have no problem there if you are looking for great reliability.

Hosts that offer 5tbs of Bw for $5.99 aren't reliable for application hosting. I've heard that site5 and servage are decent for file hosting though.

thanks for your comments,

so a decent hosting offers around 200mb/5gb @ $5?

is that a decent host?

thanks!

Also, just because a host is expensive doesn't mean that the host is necessarily good either. It's possible that some hosts just have expensive prices, though I doubt it in most cases for shared hosting.

But liquidweb should be good.

thanks for your comments,

so a decent hosting offers around 200mb/5gb @ $5?

is that a decent host?

thanks!

I am not sure you can define a decent host by storage/bandwidth only. Up to a point that concept will "Weed" out alot of host. Meaning not going with anyone that uses agressive overselling to gain accounts.

I would rely alot on the above concept (weeding out agressive oversellers) as well as, the amount of time in bussiness,Service Reviews (if any) Server set-up,Security of Server Ect.

Yet might you want to keep your bussiness in house and find a host here at FWS. There are a few whom have been around long enough to gain your trust for your bussiness.

tumble

i have just found that ppl say MediaTemple is a pro hosting, but it gives so so much for $20, and they say they dont oversell (even nike, starbucks etc says the are good )

also any recommandation on a fast server, just fast and reliable?

thanks!

i have just found that ppl say MediaTemple is a pro hosting, but it gives so so much for $20, and they say they dont oversell (even nike, starbucks etc says the are good )
also any recommandation on a fast server, just fast and reliable?
thanks!
I think it's overselling. So much bandwith for such price ...

hmmm...ok, but such big companies saying they are good, it should be true?

not sure, what about trexhost?

Some people prefer small hosts. Smaller hosts are able to provide a personal touch to their services. Keep that in mind when choosing your hosts. It's not something many people think about when they first start looking for hosting.

I used to have a VPS from Liquidweb, support was good but it took them 3 days to setup a VPS and i had to make an international call to them.

Overall very good.

With MediaTemple, its not the overselling I'm worried about, its their massive gridserver problems. The technology is still too young for me to have any faith in.

I would recommend Liquid Web, always had good experience with them, no downtime (so far) & fast support ;)
ompahradar.jpg

Back