• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I love George Bush...

LOL, Jan, good point!

I have only lived in China for 2 years to be "brainwashed" by the government, as you call it GC.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
LOL, Jan, good point!

I have only lived in China for 2 years to be "brainwashed" by the government, as you call it GC.

You probably are. The PRC government lies about everything, there economy... everything.

Hey, if democracy was so good, why do all forums follow the idea of Communism?

That isn't true. Try newsmax for example, on of the largest on the internet...

So explain what they do that makes them a "democracy"? Democracy is technically "government by the people". If people can't even vote for their leaders, how can they make sure they are represented. Do they "hope" that these appointed officials will make the decisions they want?

So explain what they do that makes them a "democracy"? Democracy is technically "government by the people".

In the US the people vote for representatives and the president.

If people can't even vote for their leaders, how can they make sure they are represented. Do they "hope" that these appointed officials will make the decisions they want?

The people in the US vote for representatives and these representatives are the ones to make decisions that go pass the president.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What the heck are you talking about GC? I know that the US is a democracy. I was inquiring about the forum.

Oh. Did I ever say this forum was a democracy? :rolleyes: :angry2:

No, I was talking about that "newsmax" forum you gave me. Is it run by democratic principles?

It would be interesting to try to make this forum democratic. :classic2:

No, I was talking about that "newsmax" forum you gave me. Is it run by democratic principles?

It would be interesting to try to make this forum democratic. :classic2:

Anarchy is not democracy. The moderators must enforce rules. They were appointed by a vote that took place.

I'm not looking to start an anarchy on these boards. I was just wondering if we could have a system that:

- has representatives (representing each individual forum, probably also needs to depend on # of posts) to a "legislature" that makes laws. These people are elected by the users of that forum (who, let's say, must have at least 50 posts just to prevent double voting). And users, of course, must pick only a few (3-4) forums in which they would like to vote.

- Moderators are appointed by this legislature and Peo/Todd approves it (we still have to have some kind of "God" on these boards that run the whole show). Then the vote goes to the users to decide. A simple majority will make this person a moderator.

- Peo and Todd are the executives. They approve/reject any laws passed by the representatives.

- Length of terms vary, to prevent one person from getting too powerful. Moderators and Peo/Todd can choose to remove a member of the legislature (they vote amongst themselves first, of course). Vote goes to the users. A simple majority will automatically remove the person. For removing moderators, the legislature will vote and Peo/Todd make the final decision. IN EMERGENCY CASES, Peo and Todd can remove anyone, but hopefully, they will try to do that as sparingly as possible.

How does that sound? ;)

I think every forum should have a Pinochet like Presidente (adminstrator) in power with their generals (moderators). Now how does that sound?

Your kidding me, right? Democracy is governmental, not business. A business can choose to operate how it sees fit. This forum is a business, others are hobbies. They pay for the software, the hosting, the bandwidth, etc. Forum, website's and businesses are not Governments to be controlled by Democracy. You need to learn the difference between Business and Government.

As for Bush...amazing how so many judge him yet dont know him. When you lived in the U.S., did you live in Texas? Then how would you or anyone outside of Texas know what he truly accomplished? Texas is now a self sufficient State with it's own internal economy. In the recent economic problems, Texas barely felt it. Yes some companies that operate "not only" in Texas have fallen, but they fell everywhere else too. I felt no crunch. I felt it under previous Governors, but it lightened considerably under Bush.

I dont know much about how China operates within it's borders, and I am sure that what I do know is mostly propaganda. I can come to some logical conclusion though such as I'm sure China is just as afraid of us as we are them. I am also sure that they dont know the whole truth about us, just like my knowledge of internal China affairs. We hear very little from the Chinese government here.....so I cant even say that they brag about military power...

I lived in Texas myself for three years.

You know the PRC lies about all of its economic figures.... it is experiencing +3% GDP growth, not 7%.

I just saw bush talking on TV... he mispronunced the word nuclear (he said nuke-u-lar), than some assistant whispered it to him, and everyone laughed.. funny dude.

You all should know better than to argue with GC! He's the smartest person in the world and knows everything.

Back