• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How Much money can you make?

Originally posted by Hoth
My profitable site is http://www.free-webmaster-resources.net (Kinda simplistic design, but easy to maintain. The hosting page gets most of the hits and makes probably 85% of the profit). Unfortunately there's no formula that'll work across all sites... I have some other sites with a fair number of uniques that I've never been able to make anything off of (well, no more than a couple dollars).

For any site, though, the amount of money you make per visitor will have a direct correlation to how related the search term the visitor comes in by (presuming search engine traffic) is to the item you're hoping to get the person to buy. If you look at your counter/tracker/logs and see what search terms people are coming in by, that'll give you an idea of the affiliate programs you should look to sign up with. Likewise, if you can do so while making it flow naturally, you might want to change the text of your pages a little to try to attract more profitable search terms. For example if you're hoping to get people to buy anime videos like someone further up in the thread suggested, it's best to find a natural way to mention terms that people looking to buy those would be searching for a few times in your text so that search engines will see it.

You make that kind of money from refferals?

The little $1 per lead type of things usually aren't very useful in my experience, but some per sale programs (ones where you may be making $10-$50 per sale) can be good. 99% won't do anything for you, but if you're lucky you stumble onto a couple that fit your site perfectly. If you just want to slap something onto a page without monitoring it then banners/popups work best, but with a lot of experimentation and some luck per-sale programs can do a lot better... again, depending on how much there is out there for your type of site.

Originally posted by Archbob
I don't think fastclick will accepting anime and gaming sites. I might be wrong though. Fastclick has recently had a large % of default banners and pop-ups.

your right, they don't accept my site. How bout focusin, do they have good rates?

i think a multi-source income is better ... have a good mix of affiliate comms, ad revenue, product sales, etc.

Originally posted by SilverX

your right, they don't accept my site. How bout focusin, do they have good rates?
if most of your traffic is US it may be a good alternative if you don't get accepted by another company
l posted my focusin rates here if you're interested

Knut i want to check out your sites to see how great they do... but all your sites are Forbidden to me.. either you have some problems with your servers or you've banned my IP from all your sites? but i've never visited your sites before nor do i even know you, so i don't know why would you ban me, and i use cable (static IP, and btw i'm in california) i wouldn't believe that you banned all cable users also.

Anyone interested in a good affiliate program can check out my profile.
I work for this company and can tell you that the download ratio to sales is very high and most internet users can use our software as it can backup protected cds and playstation games and convert mp3s from cds and LOTS more!
If you have any questions you can always contact me.

I must say your approach to potential customers is unprofessional. I was confronted with this on your site.
We regret that we are no longer supporting your web browser (Netscape 4.X).

We apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused but you really should consider upgrading as Netscape Navigator 4.X is old and no longer supports today's HTML and CSS
standards.

As we wish to write an attractive site that loads quickly for our visitors and is easy for us to update, we have decided to stop supporting the ageing relic that is the Netscape 4.X range
of browsers.

:angry2:

Originally posted by Jan
I must say your approach to potential customers is unprofessional. I was confronted with this on your site.

:angry2:

Yes Jan you are probably correct, we have reworded slightly our designers strange sense of humour, but we do allow you to continue to our site, while making you aware of some problems you may encounter.
http://secure.cd-mate.com/ns47.php
This is the page you see for anyone else interested.

This is this weeks stats too for browsers.
MS Internet Explorer (Versions) 1377369 92.6 %
Netscape (Versions) 42720 2.8 %
Opera 31560 2.1 %

Gld you brought this up though as i was not aware of this.
Hope we did not offend you too much, but we do try and cater for all visitors as much as possible!

Same problem here Knut,

Can't access your site, it says
"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server."

I'm also on cable. :)

Back