• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How Much money can you make?

I-click,
They pay 5 cents for banner clicks or 50 cpm what does that mean? Do you get paid by both cpm and clicks??

I am not sure, but I think the CPM is only there when they don't have many banners, but last time I logged in to check on the banners to deselect ones that weren't doing so good, there were over 100 and the CPM thingy hadn't been on for quite a while.

Sheesh I hope that make sense....nearly bedtime in Aus :yawn:

I-clicks is paying a minimum of 6 cents per click some campaigns are 7 cents at present.
You have to deselect almost all campaigns but relevant ones to keep up a high CTR though.

does the person have to click on the banner and then click on something else to enter the page for me to get paid? Is it in the same window or can i make it spawn up in a new console?

I-clicks is a first click program meaning a user only has to click on the ad for you to be paid. The i-clicks terms don't mention that ads can't open in a new window I don't think, so I believe thats ok. I-clicks requires above teh fold placement.

The ads do open in a new window anyway, I nervously clicked on one when I first joined just to see what happened. :eek:

I signed up to i-clicks.net 3 months ago... never got a reply.. emailed them.. never got a reply... They sound really good and I want to try them.. but never got a reply

yeah I had the same problem with i-clicks, I signed up a couple of months ago and never received a reply by them

So Iclicks is pretty good? How come no one has said anything good about them? Everyone is saying that they signed up two months ago and never heard from them?

If your site is accepted, you will hear within a day or two. I think I heard within 24 hours.

Some random comments:

- If your main reason for doing websites is to make money, it's usually much more effective to focus on affiliate programs than ad networks (banners).

- When it comes to affiliate programs, there's no "best" program that will do well at any site. It all depends on what your site is about, what audience it gets and how the offers are presented.

- The secret to making good money isn't finding a great program alone, but to combine and mix well programs that works at *your* site. If I told you who *my* top earner is, that doesn't mean that you'd do well with them at *your* site (and the other way around).

- "Low-value sites" (entertainment) will usually attract more visitors than "high-value" sites (for example: shopping) , but will usually make you much less money per visitor. Which route to go is simply a matter of what area is best suited for you. (It's possible to do well with either type)

- It's probably easier for most to make good money with a site if you plan on how to make money with it (without relying on banners) *before* you start building it. (That's what works for me, anyway ;)

- As for how much money you can make, there's not really an upper limit. (well, there probably is - but it's pretty high :) I know a few people who make five figures monthly from their sites (with affiliate programs and advertising alone) - it can be done.

- There are lots of different strategies that can be used to be reach a good income from websites. One thing I see in common with most people I know who do well with their sites is that they have quite a few of them. In other words, building multiple sites is often an easier way to increase profits (after a certain level has been reached). For those with either exceptionally popular sites, or who knows how to squeeze out high revenues per visitor, or others who just really know what they're doing - there are plenty of exceptions to this - but I think the multiple sites strategy is the easiest way to increase your income after a site has reached "its potential".

(I'm not claiming to be an "expert" or anything (there are plenty of people who make much more money than me) - but I make my living from my sites, and am happy that I'm able to do so. (btw only a very small portion of my income comes from my webmaster-related sites, so I don't think I'd recommend that particular area if you're in it for the money - although - of course it can be done :)

Sorry about my messy post. Hopefully some of it made sense.

Oh, and I don't have any experience with Anime sites, so I can't give you any specific recommendations for those :)

toefur said that he gets 15,000 uniques daily which comes to $30 bucks a day, (some are not loaded), which he makes 5 figures from popups alone.

My site's traffic is mainly kids to young adults,**fans**, older than that are usually webmasters trying to make good money like me.

Also, do you know anyone that makes 6 figures from a network of site, **my personal goal**, any further help people can give me would be great.

Thanks, wly :)

xzx: Yup, as I said - I know a few people make 5 figures monthly (more than $10 k) from their sites (which amounts to 6 figures/year - which it seems is what you're referring to).

It's definitely possible. I won't name them, though. People who do well have a tendency of not wanting to share too much information in a public forum, as there are always a lot of copycats out there.. no point in attracting attention to yourself and create extra competition ;)

I don't know anyone who make 6 figures monthly, but I'm sure there are some of those out there too :)

lol, all i want 6 figures annually or close too. What is the best way to get that?

EX: Banners, popups, ads, e-mail, commision, all of the above?

also, anyone know how to get listed in yahoo? i tried several times in the past and never got in, when all the shitty sites got in.

Im about the same as toefur.. same unique visits a day.. and same amount earned per day. I get it from focusin.com but they include some popups in their banners. My site is www.originalicons.com

Its really NOT that much. Considering I was making about $150 a day with 25,000 visitors a day over a year ago with amazing media. The glory days are gone for advertising :(

Originally posted by WabbyTwax
Im about the same as toefur.. same unique visits a day.. and same amount earned per day. I get it from focusin.com but they include some popups in their banners. My site is www.originalicons.com

Its really NOT that much. Considering I was making about $150 a day with 25,000 visitors a day over a year ago with amazing media. The glory days are gone for advertising :(

sweet......
Over 1000 views, I guess this is a pretty interesting topic...

How do they pay and under what terms???

Back