• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hey, let's get married!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin wont be getting my vote anymore.
He greatly dissapointed me with that same sex bill crap.

Lets look at it from this angle:
the weed legalisation bill was on the table since around 2000
the gay marriage thing was from? FEBRUARY 2005

5 months later and its passed. What a load of shit.
why? ONLY because martin is in a minoritary govrnment and wanted the support of gays to win majority on the next elections in january.
Go fvck yourself martin

Meksilon said:
"Just" stubborn and close-minded is it? You see that seems to be your argument - it's because and only because he's "stubborn and close-minded" according to you.

Because I'm a man, I'm incapable of marrying another man. We have limitations you know, we are human. I am, however, very capable (and eligible, ladies :wink2:) of marring a woman. Perhaps you should read my page on Marriage:

http://plamdi.com/bing/marry.htm

You may find it very interesting, if nothing else. Just reading over it myself reminds me of how sacred a union Marriage is. Oh and, from your posts it looks like you're the one who's being "stubborn and close-minded" as you put it.

Since you love to quote the Bible, riddle me this:

If God creates humans, and he's against homosexuals, why does he create homosexuals? Why does he put his own people against others?

Union of Marriage is based on religious beliefs. Some beliefs are you can only have 1 wife, others you can have multiple. Some religious state that Priests cannot marry, as they must devote their entire lives to God. Others allow them to marry and have offspring and spread the word of the Lord.

But we're not talking religous. We're talking morally what is right. To hide the fact that not everyone is heterosexual and to shun those who are homosexual. Is that how our society should live? If you're a heterosexual man, you can do as you please, if you're a homosexual man, you can't. That's the same as whites and blacks. Whites could sit in the front, blacks had to sit in the back. How dare we, as Humans, judge others, when we, ourselves are not perfect. How dare us tell 2 men or 2 women who love each other that they, but law (not religious, but LAW), cannot be married. Cannot join the benefits of a legal marriage, cannot live together like a married couple. And if one of those partners, after years, should die, their death would be as if a single person died.

I'm not sure how I'm closed-minded. I'm not talking about Religous. If you want to go based on Religious beliefs, well, then we need to start changing everything. I'm talking morally. Not everyone believes in God, Not everyone believes in a higher power. If the Church doesn't want to recognize a marriage, FINE, but the government should.

Amen Robert.

This whole argument boils down to morality, NOT RELIGION. F*** Religion. I'm atheist, I don't believe in a single word of the bible, it's not even God's book, it's MAN'S BOOK. God could exist, but MAN wrote the bible. Therefore banishing homosexuals from our society is what the majority of man wants, not what God wants (if he does exist). If God made everything, then God made homosexuals, and if God made homosexuals and he is as would be interpreted as a God; one who is loving and caring for all His creatures, then he would love and care for the homosexuals he created too. This would mean, that he would allow them, under the sanction of His 'Holy' view, to be married. Religion is Man's interpretation of God, religion is complete bullshit.

What's morally right is to further our society by not shutting the door on the very members of it. Canada has passed the law and I'm glad for it, hopefully we serve as a role model for those too ignorant to do so.

*History Repeats Itself*

Canada was the first to abolish Slavery, the US soon followed suit.

Now Canada is one of the first to allow homosexuals to get married, the US will soon follow suit.

This all boils down to morality, in which religion tries to teach, but the thing is, religion teaches morality as it suits themselves. When you were young, did you not learn of this thing called perspective? To place yourself in anothers shoes? To view life as it is seen by a certain person or peoples?

Take into account, the fact that homosexuals have been shunned for years. That they are still being shunned by some of our society. They are, in essence, outsiders. People who are homosexual, FEAR to tell anyone about it, because they do not know if those people, their friends, will accept them as who they are. And they have good right to, because some of those friends and pig-headed, ignorant fools who do not.

We, as human beings, need to welcome them into our society, and it will not be easy. We need to let them have their own sanctity of their own union between each other, they feel comfortable among other homosexuals, so why not let them continue the little comfort they have instead of halting it and taking away the very rights they should be entitled to as a human being in this world.

Who are we to say that Bob and George can't get married? Nothing prevents them from doing so as God would intend. We can say they cannot have children though, that is something that is not naturally right, that is why two men or two women cannot conceive by themselves. That would be God's intention if there ever was one.

I think everyone just needs to step back and take a look at the world as we know it, and think about what it would be like if we stopped shunning those who held different beliefs.

Regards,

God made murderers and rapists too.
So we should embrace and love them too because they'r humans. yeah right.

God made people. To whom he gave the power to think and decide.
Some use it well, some not. Is God telling you to eat breakfast this morning? No. Did God tell george to be gay? No.

We can say they cannot have children though, that is something that is not naturally right, that is why two men or two women cannot conceive by themselves. That would be God's intention if there ever was one.
There you go. 2 gays are useless, therefore they should not be together.

Homosexuality is an illness.

Wojtek,

That only applies to those who believe in creationism though. :rolleyes:

Also, anyone heard of the seperation of church and state?

I am yet to hear an argument against gay marriage that does NOT involve religion.
Once I hear one, then maybe I'll start to care.

Last edited:
Death Reaper,

You do realize your views are far from athiest right ?

Perhaps you should do some research before you begin running your mouth.

Originally Posted by Robert
Same-sex marriage should be allowed in the U.S. We need to stop segrating homosexuals. Marriages help our economy (More bank loans for a house, car, etc).

Our President is just stubborn and close-minded.

I dont like homosexuals one bit, not only should it be banned; make law to jail them aswell. there not promoting growth of the population, there not doing anything for us except brainwashing kids into thinking its ok.

I think when people were a bit more old fashioned and didnt talk about sex and show it on tv as much those days were better cause we didnt have to listen to dirty fags tell us about it.

Homo's are sick, dirty, disgusting animals and have no place on this earth.

jmiller said:
Death Reaper,

You do realize your views are far from athiest right ?

Perhaps you should do some research before you begin running your mouth.

Nope. Those are views from the religious/godly side, but I am an atheist. If they want to fight battles with religion, then I will fight battles with religion. I can use either side of the argument. Notice how I mentioned *if*

I've considered myself a different sort of atheist anyway..

Regards,

jmiller, do you really expect a response from the right that doesn't involve religion? That's impossible for them. :rolleyes:

The most telling point about this whole thing to me is that the people so staunchly opposed to same sex marriage are opposed to something that doesn't even affect them. If you're not gay, it's not really your issue, is it.

The notion that homosexuality is un-natural and downright evil is so archaic it makes me sick. What kind of person are you if you go up to a gay man and tell him that every beliefe he has, as well as every natural urge he has in his body, is just inherently flawed, and that he should be persecuted for it? While we're at it, why don't we just herd all the black people together and drop them in a pit.

I always wonder, if everyone has such a problem with same sex marriage and what it means in terms of what the definition of marriage is, how come no one ever tries to put an end to polygamy? Is it because it's all within the guidelines of one religion's documents?

Wojtek said:
God made murderers and rapists too.
So we should embrace and love them too because they'r humans. yeah right.

God made people. To whom he gave the power to think and decide.
Some use it well, some not. Is God telling you to eat breakfast this morning? No. Did God tell george to be gay? No.

There you go. 2 gays are useless, therefore they should not be together.

Homosexuality is an illness.
Exactly right, if no-one abused their right to think freely, and conformed to everything that is religiously right, there wouldn't be a need for a place called Hell.

Yaay for people that still believe in creationism! :jump:

[edit]
Clearly you guys can't fumble up any argument without bringing your shackles of religion along for the ride. Think freely, and you'll see why we're just completely marking off your opinion. There is another disease that has been mentioned here, and that is religion. Infects more people than AIDS.

[edit2]
I'm waiting for a response that doesn't involve religion in any way...but I guess I'll die before I see one.

Last edited:
Robert said:
Since you love to quote the Bible, riddle me this:

If God creates humans, and he's against homosexuals, why does he create homosexuals? Why does he put his own people against others?
God did not create hate, but He does hate certain things. Namely those which reverse His design.
Robert said:
But we're not talking religous. We're talking morally what is right. To hide the fact that not everyone is heterosexual and to shun those who are homosexual. Is that how our society should live?
You're the one hiding the true nature of homosexuality, and won't admit that homosexuals have a higher drug use, higher spread of STI's, and are more dysfunctional and depressed than the average man in society.
Robert said:
That's the same as whites and blacks.
No it isn't, blacks never had the higher drug use, suicide rates and depression we're dealing with here so how can it be the same?
Robert said:
How dare us tell 2 men or 2 women who love each other that they, but law (not religious, but LAW), cannot be married.
Again, you assume that Marriage is about love - whereas I believe, as do a lot of NON-CHRISTIANS agree it's about family.
Robert said:
I'm not sure how I'm closed-minded. I'm not talking about Religous. If you want to go based on Religious beliefs, well, then we need to start changing everything. I'm talking morally. Not everyone believes in God, Not everyone believes in a higher power.
Just because you refuse to believe in something isn't an indication it isn't there. Still, I've presented you with a solid social argument that isn't based on "religion" - I don't belong to a religion, Christianity - True Christianity that is - is a psychology, not a religion. It's a way of life.

Meksilon said:
Again, you assume that Marriage is about love - whereas I believe, as do a lot of NON-CHRISTIANS agree it's about family.
As if it's impossible for two gay people to raise a family; there's your stereotype right there. There's plenty of dysfunctional heterosexual married couples, so that goes out the window.
Meksilon said:
You're the one hiding the true nature of homosexuality, and won't admit that homosexuals have a higher drug use, higher spread of STI's, and are more dysfunctional and depressed than the average man in society.
[sarcasm]Whoa! Homosexuals take drugs! Wow! I never knew that! oh em gee, they get STDs too! Depression! 1/5 teenagers get depressed at some point! And I thought only straight people had these problems! :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

Meksilon said:
Just because you refuse to believe in something isn't an indication it isn't there. Still, I've presented you with a solid social argument that isn't based on "religion" - I don't belong to a religion, Christianity - True Christianity that is - is a psychology, not a religion. It's a way of life.
I am so sorry, but... ROTFLMAO
No offense, but the only way of life that has been wrongly labelled as a religion is the original Buddhism, which had no idol or god worship and nothing of the sort. Achieving enlightenment in that "religion" was a sign of how good a person you were.

Last edited:
Spain today also decided to allow homosexual couples to marry.

"The End of Marriage in Scandinavia" mentioned above has so many factual errors that it's almost funny.

Mahoro said:
As if it's impossible for two gay people to raise a family; there's your stereotype right there.
I never claimed that, don't create strawmen.
Mahoro said:
There's plenty of dysfunctional heterosexual married couples, so that goes out the window.
Have you seen the results from any study of romantic relationships? Ever heard of the 5 year breakdown limit for homosexual couples? There are far fewer heterosexual couples with the magnatude of problems that homosexual couples have.
Mahoro said:
[sarcasm]Whoa! Homosexuals take drugs! Wow! I never knew that! oh em gee, they get STDs too! Depression! 1/5 teenagers get depressed at some point! And I thought only straight people had these problems! :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]
18% (or depending on what surveys you look at, up to 30%) of all homosexuals attempt suicide at least once in their life. That's way more than the rest of society. 89% of new HIV infections are attributed to homosexual sodomy - 9% to heterosexual sex. Like I said the contrast is HUGE.

Reply once you've read the argument.

18% (or depending on what surveys you look at, up to 30%) of all homosexuals attempt suicide at least once in their life. That's way more than the rest of society.

Could it possibly be due to how badly people and society treats homosexuals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back