• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hey, let's get married!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gayowulf

G-d
NLC
As of today, Canada is the 3rd country in the world to allow individuals who choose an alternative lifestyle (homos) to be legally wed.

Anyways, you may not live in Canada, but how would you feel if similar legislation was passed in your country? Do you think it is necessary? fair? wrong?

I'm not talking about homosexuality here, I'm talking about the legality of same-sex mairrages.

Well asl ong as Bush is president we won't have to worry about it.

I don't have anything against it personally, though. If two guys want to get married, great. It doesnt affect me.

//edit

Now I miss GC. :(

People can be gay if they wish, but I don't think they should be allowed to get married. Marriage is a religous bringing-together of a man and a woman, it shouldn't be trivialized, just because a minority groups demand something. I am sick of minorities making decisions for majorities.

I'm Alan Jones.

bozley05 said:
Marriage is a religous bringing-together of a man and a woman, it shouldn't be trivialized, just because a minority groups demand something.

- Las Vegas
- The church acts as a proxy through the state to provide marriages
- The clerk in your local county can marry two people together just by exchanging vows, and no religion is involved.

Every country and state's laws are based on a religion, like in most of the Western world it is Christian. So at the end of the day, every government department is representing the church.

bozley05 said:
People can be gay if they wish, but I don't think they should be allowed to get married. Marriage is a religous bringing-together of a man and a woman, it shouldn't be trivialized, just because a minority groups demand something. I am sick of minorities making decisions for majorities.

I'm Alan Jones.

That is correct, Marriage is a religous bringing-together of a man and a woman. But in the U.S., marriage is only valid if the State recognizes it, so religous can suck it because it really doesn't matter as it's a goverment issue.

Same-sex marriage should be allowed in the U.S. We need to stop segrating homosexuals. Marriages help our economy (More bank loans for a house, car, etc).

Our President is just stubborn and close-minded.

legal marriages should be allowed in the U.S, but not in christian churches if they should not want it. Christians are against homosexuality, so they shouldn't have to wed them in churches if they choose not too.

Freedom for everyone right there.

Just my 2 cents.

bozley05 said:
Every country and state's laws are based on a religion, like in most of the Western world it is Christian. So at the end of the day, every government department is representing the church.

Just because "most" are Christian, doesn't mean we have force them to practice our beliefs. And no, the government is NOT representing the Church. There is a seperation of State and Church. The U.S. Government respects your religious beliefs, but if your religious belief is to kill a cat once a month to honor your God, the U.S. will not support you on that issue. The Government should not interfer with Religious issues. If you, as a religous person, don't feel that same sex marriage should be legal, that's your choice, but not everyone worships your God or has the same religion to you.

Why do your bills state "In God We Trust" and your courts require people to swear on the Bible... If that's not basing your legal system on a religion, then call me stupid. But, in your parliament/congress, if its anything like here in Australia they always start a session with some religious bable also.

bozley05 said:
Why do your bills state "In God We Trust" and your courts require people to swear on the Bible... If that's not basing your legal system on a religion, then call me stupid. But, in your parliament/congress, if its anything like here in Australia they always start a session with some religious bable also.

There wasn't always a seperation of Church and State as there is today. Our bills, coins and our Pledge of Allegance all refer to God ("In God We Trust", "Under God"), but in public schools Students can opt out of saying "Under God", public schools cannot pray, the question is, who's God? My God? Your God? The guy's down the street's God? If the Government based everything on religous, then homosexuals wouldn't even allowed in our country. Then Sunday would be an official Holiday and all businesses would be close, and finally, it would be manadatory to attend Church on Sundays.

bozley05 said:
Who cares? It's based on it, you said it yourself. Based is a heck of a lot different than religion having real oversight. People who bring up that argument are just throwing big balls of BS.

If you're tired of minorities getting things done, then we would still be thinking the world is the center of the universe, that blacks shouldn't be able to vote, and all the very good stuff that progressives made extinct. Minorities shift the way we think and move society in the right direction, whether you like it or not. Decades later, people will look back and think---why were they so [insert bad term] back then?

Last edited:
I'm not talking about homosexuality here, I'm talking about the legality of same-sex mairrages.

That's crap, it's exactly what you're talking about. The entire idea of "same-sex marriage" is based on the false pretense that homosexuality is equal to heterosexuality. If you don't believe this false pretense to begin with, you're heterosexist - or as gay activists like to call it "homophobic".

How can you ask people who clearly don't understand the very basics of the nature of homosexuality to have any valid input? Homosexuality is a flawed sexuality. Anything associated with it will unavoidably be flawed. Marriage is about family - homosexuality is not. This is clearly demonstrable.

Marriage is a beautiful thing. I don't think there is anything at all beautiful about men having sexual relationships with men, or women having said relationships with women. As defined by Law, Marriage is the life long union of a man to a woman voluntarily entered into for life. Marriage is not something that exists just because two people love each other and want to share that love, and that idea is so shallow.

Every major political party in Australia agrees, so I hope this reply answers your question.

What does marriage mean? How is marriage defined? Once the concept of the man, woman and [possibly - not every married couple has children] child is not used to define marriage, then can it be anything anyone wants?

What about a bisexual woman who would like to be married to both a man and a woman. Bisexuals have rights too, don't they? What about polyamory? As long as it's consensual then it's okay, right? How about a marriage among three or six men?
How about a situation where a 42 year old man would like to "marry" a 13 year old boy? How about polygamy, that form of "marriage" has been around since the Old Testament, so why not bring that back?

Every child deserves to have one mother and one father. Just think of the ensuing chaos that could happen if societies wipe out the definition of the one man one woman marriage paradigm.

Why are homosexuals adamant about re-defining marriage? Why can't they call it a partnership or cohabitation? If the aim is to get benefits, let them have the health benefits and the probate benefits.
Marriage between one man and one woman is the basic foundation of society, to re-define that is to invite chaos. Probate laws could be altered to encompass cases involving partnership and cohabitation. Change the probate laws and change the benefit/employment laws, but don't call it "marriage."

Robert said:
Same-sex marriage should be allowed in the U.S. We need to stop segrating homosexuals. Marriages help our economy (More bank loans for a house, car, etc).

Our President is just stubborn and close-minded.
"Just" stubborn and close-minded is it? You see that seems to be your argument - it's because and only because he's "stubborn and close-minded" according to you.

Because I'm a man, I'm incapable of marrying another man. We have limitations you know, we are human. I am, however, very capable (and eligible, ladies :wink2:) of marring a woman. Perhaps you should read my page on Marriage:

http://plamdi.com/bing/marry.htm

You may find it very interesting, if nothing else. Just reading over it myself reminds me of how sacred a union Marriage is. Oh and, from your posts it looks like you're the one who's being "stubborn and close-minded" as you put it.

I couldn't agree more with your page Meksilon. Sums up all my beliefs, would you believe that I'm an athiest? Although, I feel empty without a religion, so I sort of attach myself to Christianity.

rhianna said:
How about a situation where a 42 year old man would like to "marry" a 13 year old boy?
You may be interested to know there is an organization -removed- who works towards securing those exact "rights".
rhianna said:
Every child deserves to have one mother and one father.
Yes and that's exactly what we tried to tell Stanhope, before he changed our legislation here in the ACT to allow homosexual couples to adopt foster children. There are 2 or 3 babies a year here given up for foster care, and I believe it is only right to provide them with the best possible environment. To deliberately deprive them of either a father or a mother is simply twisted and evil... still since Stanhope has a majority territory government, it's unlikely anything can be done about it now. Howard was talking about over-ruling it Federally ... which he should have.
rhianna said:
Why are homosexuals adamant about re-defining marriage?
Why's everyone else afraid to say "Your relationship status is not equal to Marriage; your sexuality is not equal to heterosexuality and your lifestyle is wrong"? Talk about a closed dysfunctional non-community we live in!
bozley05 said:
I couldn't agree more with your page Meksilon. Sums up all my beliefs, would you believe that I'm an athiest? Although, I feel empty without a religion, so I sort of attach myself to Christianity.
Thanks. I didn't attend Church the entire first half of this year, but in the end I think, when I went back I knew I was where I belonged. Everything I believe in makes sense to me, but sometimes you will find that believing is seeing - you believe God's word that doesn't make sense now and eventually it will.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that those who disagree with same sex marriage aren't very "tolerant". Well, those in favour need to "tolerate" the views of others too...

I suppose I don't really care about homosexuals getting the legal benefits of marriage. The use of the word marriage...well, it's a small bother.

But I may have small problem with homosexual couples rasing children. Who knows, maybe it is a baseless concern, but having both a mommy and a daddy is important to me. Of course, what is even more important is having a loving, caring household.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back