• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Harry Potter and the Sorcerrer's Stone

A lot of my friends said they hated the movie. I haven't seen it, nor do I plan too.

I don't intend to see it either... it is not my kind of movies. My kind of movies are the James Bond and Steven Seagal Movies. (I like how Seagal turn bad guys into pretzels, you notice he never takes a hit).

Originally posted by Phrozen
Try $15.
Tickets expensive down there? ;)
Anyway, one can also make an arguement that it also wastes their time, which is pretty darn precious.

But I won't say that, as I don't have anything against the movie.

Originally posted by Daniel

I thought that too.

Statistics says that the average Canadian is smarter than the average American. :confused:

Note: I'm not sure thats true though.

The average reading level in the USA is grade 4 and in Canada it is grade 5.

That sounds awful, but when you think about it, it makes sense because of immigrants who are second language, and idiots like my mother who moved here at age 2 and seem to still be second language :p :D

re:

you guys have to read the books!
i read all four of them and i though they were great!
well, since i don't know how the movie is, i'm downloading it :D

GC- Seagal is a dumb beast. not even human

As for Harry Potter- I think all the hype is pretty gay. I have no desire to see the movie. I will, however, type up a funny editorial that was in the local papers.

blah! everywhere I look I see harry potter! on tv, newspaper, magazines, my can of soup! I'm actually starting hate Harry Potter, this is like when I was little and liked Pokemon

Originally posted by syd
The average reading level in the USA is grade 4 and in Canada it is grade 5.

That sounds awful, but when you think about it, it makes sense because of immigrants who are second language, and idiots like my mother who moved here at age 2 and seem to still be second language :p :D
If you take into account that Canada gets like 10x more immigrants than the United States, we are much smarter ;)

Yeah, cause all the immigrants are really smart! Any person who moved here from another country (excluding U.S.A, U.K., and Australia) have been a lot better in school than the rest of us. They actually take their education seriously.

Okay....Harry Potter.

There is no reason in denying it. I have read all 4 books. They are easy reads. I could read every 10th page and know exactly word from the last 9 pages. They are too childish. I didn't really enjoy them. The story of wizards and witches has been around a long time. It is nothing new and spectacular at all. As for the movie, I want to see it, because I am interested in how I pictured stuff and how the movie portrays it. From the trailers on TV, the images are pretty much exactly from my mind. Kinda creppy. Good thing is it might make some kids who wouldn't normally, read.

Right now I am reading Dune. I have started it many times before, but never got very far. I am about half way through, and looking forward to the sequels once I am done this book. I am really enjoying it. That is a great science fiction story. Not too hi-tech, and focuses on interesting issues, unlike most science fiction, which is all too cliche.

Originally posted by Canuckkev
They are too childish. I didn't really enjoy them. The story of wizards and witches has been around a long time. It is nothing new and spectacular at all.
These kind of stories are never boring.:D

Back