• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Harry Potter and the Sorcerrer's Stone

Docevl

NLC
NLC
Just got back 1/2 an hour ago from seeing it. Was better than I was expecting actually, I think it will do pretty well in the box office. Any one else see it. I liked HP more than Monsters Inc. and Shallow Hal (Shallow Hal was funny and all). Looks like they put alot of money into it. Any one else see it, well I doubt it since it just came out today. If your going to see a movie, I would pick HP but thats just my opinion.

I still don't even really know what Harry Potter is all about. :confused2 There's been a lot of controversy over it here lately though and it ended with a few Harry Potter books and a few Bibles being burned.

Originally posted by Phrozen
I still don't even really know what Harry Potter is all about. :confused2 There's been a lot of controversy over it here lately though and it ended with a few Harry Potter books and a few Bibles being burned.
Some churches are saying its making kids turn to the "black arts", and they are trying to ban the movie.

i'm surprised at the amount of lemmings this stupid harry potter stuff attracts, like flies to shit. the idea of stories about witches and wizards is so old and overdone. i just don't see the appeal.

Originally posted by jason
i'm surprised at the amount of lemmings this stupid harry potter stuff attracts, like flies to shit. the idea of stories about witches and wizards is so old and overdone. i just don't see the appeal.
Have you read any of the books?

ha, all these parents who grew up on disney movies [the sorcerer's apprentice, snow white, etc...] are against this harry potter thing. so ironic.

and remember 'bedknobs and broomsticks'? that's like a classic.

Last edited:
You know what I found kind of ironic is that the British and Canadian version is Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and the american is Sorcerrer's Stone.

Originally posted by Daniel
You know what I found kind of ironic is that the British and Canadian version is Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and the american is Sorcerrer's Stone.
According to some of my sources, I found that the the publishers were afraid that the Americans were too dumb to find the connection between Philosopher and magic. So they changed the name to Socerrer to make it sound magical and put understanding back into the minds of American children. :)

Originally posted by Coolin
According to some of my sources, I found that the the publishers were afraid that the Americans were too dumb to find the connection between Philosopher and magic. So they changed the name to Socerrer to make it sound magical and put understanding back into the minds of American children. :)

I thought that too.

Statistics says that the average Canadian is smarter than the average American. :confused:

Note: I'm not sure thats true though.

thats a good question

go kill your self and ask albert einstien. the problem is, then you can't tell us :cry2: :biggrin2:

Originally posted by Cyber
thats a good question

go kill your self and ask albert einstien. the problem is, then you can't tell us :cry2: :biggrin2:
hehe, he can always send some type of omen, anyways don't know if I should see it, alot of people say its better than they expect it some say they hate Harry Potter...what do you guys think...hm...maybe I could go after thanksgiving since theres no school the whole week

Back