• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Got ownership of my NAMEZERO domain! Finally!

I'm so depressed, I really need my two namezero domains unders proper registrar ! I'm gonna just give up on them If I can't transfer !

Originally posted by akersche
somebody got news?!

especially did it work for someone out, that namezero plus added the promised extra year?!

My Plus domain expired on June 20th 2001. A WHOIS showed this date even after June 20th & my NZ account still worked. Today (June 25th) the WHOIS finally shows an expiry of June 20th, 2002 (hooray!) - so I got my paid-for full year extension.
NZ told me in early June that it had been extended in April but that the Network Solutions listings were not up to date.

I have finally persuaded my mom to register my Namezero domain!!!! :) :D I'm near tears... *lol*

But I have to wait 60 days before I can get out of that shit place?! :mad:

i already got my domain for over 60 days,
but the extra year still doesn't show up.

Anyway I transfered today to godaddy. Hope it's working.
Also I sent an email to NetworkSolutions, so they correct the problem with the extra year.
(Namezero Plus Support was blaming them, for not updating whois so far...)

Really hope it works out with transfer and extra year... (so it would be vailid until 2003).

Anybody has been successful in transfering out so far?

Greetings Arno

PS: Glad, that I already changed DNS. So Namezero can't ---- up my DNS:))

Last edited:
Originally posted by akersche
Anybody has been successful in transfering out so far?

Yes me :D

Namezero transferred the ownership to me on 21st April. On 21st June morning, I sent the request to be transferred out of NSI finally :)

An it took 5 days to go away from NSI (to an opensrs reseller) with no problem at all

Now I'm F-R-E-E :) :)

ups... sorry lex... my error...
60days of course...

my email to NetworkSolution was sucessful.
they extended my domain for one year in the whois :)
so i payed ~$25 for upgrade at Namezero and got my name for 2 years...

That's a reasonable price... $25/2 yrs = $12.50/yr = reasonable

I (my mom) paid $2.45 more than what you got it for a year..

did transfer out of namezero (networksolutions)
successfully, too:)
that's true the offer at namezero was ok. was just much work and troubles with the email there...

So I am happy I did transfer to godaddy. They are really cheap, got good support and you can modify things easy and can have 4 DNS for my domain. Not just 2 like at Networksolutions.

I finally got birkitty.com away from namezero and onto proper hosting! Took waiting (and waiting, and waiting) and had to transfer the domain to a friendlier registrar, but once that was done it was smooth sailing. :)

Back