• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Got ownership of my NAMEZERO domain! Finally!

I've personally seen a few complaints regarding transferring domains away from Namezero. I'm still waiting for the day when a domain transfer is actually approved by Namezero.

I've only had a couple customers attempt this tough task, and both were denied by Namezero.

Good luck in your attempts....

[Edited by patrickw on 04-25-2001 at 10:04 PM]

In regards to the "netzero" thing - I had just got done talking to a friend about netzero and then i was reading this post. I guess it just stuck with me. Perhaps Netzero has some sort of subliminal advertising going... hmm..

You're right - there are always cheaper registrars. I don't deny that, but then again, I respect the rules of this forum and I won't try to convince anyone into using my services.

Originally posted by patrickw
I've personally seen a few complaints regarding transferring domains away from Namezero. I'm still waiting for the day when a domain transfer is actually approved by Namezero.

I've only had a couple customers attempt this tough task, and both were denied by Namezero.

Why will namezero deny the transfer ? The registrar is network solutions.
And the people that ordered the plus account are listed as the admin/billing contact and as the registrant so I don't see what is the problem with namezero here...

Lynks, thanks for the info...
just checked now again and they didn't extend my domain until 2002 so far... guess i wait and they should do soon...
did they change yours already, lynks?

about the password that is needed to make changes at networksolution (or worldnic), i did contact namezero and networksolution. got no satisfying response so far... keep you posted...

and transfering out of namezero is no problem, when you are the admin. but i guess it's a good idea to wait 60 days before doing so...

and registrar... there might be reasons for taking a more expensive one... like good support, good uptime of the change interface... and perhaps one even wants to have redirection, email or dns-server access... (if one thinks mydomain won't be availiable for ever...)

Would be interresting to hear, when somebody successfully transfers out of Namezero...

Greetings Arno

I tried to transfer my domain to another registrar and got a denial from network solutions, they said I have to wait 60 days to transfer.

So I think that after the 60 days there will be no problem to leave namezero and nsi.

exactly... you need to own the domain 60 days before transfering... but at the new registrar it should then be easy to make changes to the DNS servers and so on...
Greetings Arno
PS: _capa_ thanks for telling me

still waiting for the extra year...

and i did not get an password from namezero yet to change the DNS-servers and the billing contact...

and it's only a bit more than 1 month until I could transfer out!!!

but i got an email about their new support system:
Subject: Response to Your Namezero Support Request
Dear Valued Member,

This e-mail is being sent in response to your recent customer support request. Please read this e-mail carefully as we are unable to respond to your previous member support request individually. We have recently upgraded our backend systems to resolve a lot of technical issues that may have affected your service in the past. We hope that you will notice a marked improvement in your customer service as a result of this system upgrade.

Continued Investment in Customer Support

Please be assured that Namezero continues to invest in improving the level of customer support to our Namezero members. Here are a few examples of recent steps we've taken:

Implementing a state-of-the-art customer support system
Expanding our support center in Canada to better support our members
Providing expedited phone and e-mail support to our PLUS members
Revamping the Namezero Help Center to provide a comprehensive support center that can be your first point of support
Building a new answer board that provides answers to most commonly asked questions every month
Continuing to resolve technical issues that may be the cause of your support request
Commonly Asked Questions

Namezero's member support team works diligently to respond to individual member support requests. During our recent adoption of the new, state of the art support system we found that a small number of questions from our members were not able to be answered individually. In order to address all requests for information that we have received, the Member Services team has put together the answers to our most commonly asked questions below. Click on the question that addresses your support request.

Do you accept checks for renewals, upgrades, or domain purchases?
The domain I requested is already registered by you, so why don't I have access to it yet?
When I visit my domain, why does it say that it is available for sale?
If my domain is up for Sale and I would like it back, what do I do?
I am a PLUS member, how do I update my who-is (ownership) information?
I am a PLUS member, how do I get expedited phone or e-mail support?
If your question is different from one of the above questions, we invite you to visit our comprehensive new Namezero Help Center located at: http://www.namezero.com/support/index.shtml. If your service request is not addressed by either of these sources, please re-submit your request using the Customer Support Form located within our Namezero Help Center. We will make every effort to answer your query within 72 hours.

Thank you again for your patience as we transition to these new support systems.

Thank you,
The New Member Services Team
Namezero.com

Answers To Common Questions:
Q. Do you accepts checks for renewals, upgrades, or domain purchases?

In order to purchase a new domain or renew/upgrade your existing domain, you may use a credit card or a check. The easiest way to upgrade to the Plus service is with a Visa or MasterCard (click here). We also accept US money orders, and checks drawn on U.S. bank accounts for all purchases. You may send checks/money orders to:

Namezero.com
P.O. Box 637
Los Gatos, California 95031-0637

Please be sure to write your full domain name on your check and include a printed copy of this email to ensure correct processing.

Q. The domain I requested is already registered By Namezero.com, so why don't I have access to it yet?

There are currently a number of domains which we have registered for our members that are in the process of being added to the Namezero service. If the domain you requested has been registered by Namezero but is not yet accessible via a browser, please be assured that your domain will be on our Namezero service shortly and you will receive a message as soon as we have the domain on our service.

Q. When I visit my domain, why does it say that it is available for sale?
A domain name may be available for sale because of one of these reasons:

Your Namezero Free service has expired.
Violation of Namezero's Terms of Free Service. You have violated Namezero's Terms of Free Service which may include tampering/disabling the Namezero NavBar or registering more than one Free Namezero domain.
In either situation you can regain access to your domain by logging into the control panel and renewing your service by upgrading to our Plus service. To upgrade your service, click here: http://controlpanel.namezero.com/cp/multi_offers.jsp

Q. If my domain is up for Sale and I would like it back, what do I do?

If your domain is up for Sale and you would like to regain access to your domain, you must upgrade to our PLUS service. To upgrade, login to the control panel and renew your service, click here: http://controlpanel.namezero.com/cp/multi_offers.jsp. Your purchase/upgrade is effective immediately after your credit card is charged. The domain will be yours and will no longer be available for sale.

Q. I am a PLUS member, how do I update my who-is (ownership) information?

A benefit of PLUS membership is that Namezero transfers the domain name to your name. To update your Who-is or ownership information and submit it for who-is listing, please login to the Control Panel and click on the Plus Specials link on the Control Panel navigation header. Click Here to update your information now: http://controlpanel.namezero.com/cp/multi_offers.jsp.

Q. I am a PLUS member, how do I get expedited phone or e-mail support?

Another benefit of PLUS membership is expedited e-mail support as well as phone support. To access your expedited e-mail support form, please login to the Control Panel and click on the Plus Specials link on the Control Panel navigation header. Click on the PLUS Only Member Support Form button to access the Plus Support Form and the number for our PLUS only Phone Support team: http://controlpanel.namezero.com/cp/multi_offers.jsp.

[Edited by akersche on 05-14-2001 at 08:58 AM]

Still nothing either ;(

Getting a bit pissed now, payout double what I could have got from gkg.net or something similar and it's the worst service I have seen!

Lynks

I paid for NameZero Plus but they have not yet extended my registration, it expires 25-June. Then what? What if one of my site visitors does a lookup & sees that it expires soon. Will the quickest finger grab it? Do I have have to sit up until midnight 25-June to re-register?

guess namezero won't give your domain free...
so they would wait and perhaps sell it.
but i guess when you upgrade, they would just let your site there...

contact the costumer support... you should get an answer! Usually they are quick. (Although sometimes you don't get the answer you are looking for).

Today it was strange, when I contacted them: First I recieved an error email, saying that there mailbox is full!
(how can that happen, when they allow just text emails?! Got friends that have a mailbox with 1GB and get huge emails.... But such a company should have a even huger mailbox if needed...)

Anyway, I guess there answer would be interesting for a couple of you andyou don't need to ask them once more, what's up with extending the extra year, you already paid for:

Mr. Kersche,

The Network Solutions Whois usually takes awhile to update. It will eventually be updated.

All changes to personal data will still need to be made through Namezero. This can be done by selectong "Sitemap" from http://www.namezero.com and filling out the "Conatct/Free Form" with your new information.

Best regards,
The Namezero Team

Email from NameZero Plus

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Free Service:

For current members of the Namezero Free Services who use their domains in accordance with the terms and conditions of the service, Namezero will apply the annual renewal policy currently in place at the time of expiration. Members of the Free Services may, at that time upgrade their domain to the Plus Service.

Plus Service:

Namezero will contact Plus Service members in advance of the expiration date of their domain in order to avoid any interruption in their service, and allow them to renew their Plus Services.

Thank you for using the Namezero Service!"

I upgraded to NameZero Plus in Feb 2001 & the domain expires in June 2001. What are they saying? Do I have to renew Plus and/or renew my domain in June?

in your case, they say:
they are going to contact you for renewing registration.
(lets hope so)
BUT what you need to do is: Register your Namezero Plus Domain for another year with them!
(You need to be in the whois for 60 days before you can transfer out to a cheaper registrar!)
So go to the plus section support and sent a mail to the billing and state that you wanna register your domain for another year...
greetings Arno
(what's so tricky to understand... well guess you are not a native and from abroud, like myself)

I don't quite trust the information given at the page dripstick provided. Read it carefully for yourselves.

Lynks, akersche... no more updates on this? What's happened since your last posts?

*MY UPDATE*

------------------------------MY EMAIL ---------------------------------------
Hello,

I have waited patiently with no response from Namezero. The agreement stated that when I upgraded my account to (Personal Plus) a bonus year would be added to my initial expiry date. This has not happened yet and the latest
email(s) I have sent have received no reply.

I may be forced to take legal action, along with other Namezero
customers if this issue is not resolved promptly. Please notify me whether you wish to upgrade my account with another year as stated in your agreement, or otherwise.

Yours sincerely
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------NAMEZERO--------------------------------------

The Whois database should be updated shortly with the extra year.

Best regards,
The Namezero Team
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A quick check of my record still shows august 2001 as my expiry. 3 Emails after this have resulted in nothing. I think I am going to bring a class action against them.

I am writing one more email. If the do not update my domain with th other year, petition time. I will post more info here. Other methods will be taken if they do not upgrade via the petition.

Thankyou
Lynks

Hi Lex and Lynks and all others,

dripstick just wanted some info. had a discussion in another thread... so he took the thread to something else... and i still don't know the answer of my questions.
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5497
(Question to DNS and change...)

But what I got is the passwort for Networksolution. So I am able to change the data on my domain. (Changed the DNS-servers. using mydomain now...)
For details see:
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5152
(I've got the domain registered... but no space!)

My domain is also still not extended. And I ddin't sent another email to Namezero Plus. But perhaps it would be a good idea to ask NetworkSolution. Cause Namezero blames them...

Leagal action:
That's much work... and a bit risky.
I play with the thought of transfered out and paying myself for another year. It's below $10.

Anybody got the extra year so far?!

Greetings
Arno

somebody got news?!

especially did it work for someone out, that namezero plus added the promised extra year?!

i am afraid i need to contact networksolutions and namezero again with this theme...

or perhaps i am just waiting some more days and transfer out then...

Back