• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

GeekRack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for PP they're taking the virtual product stance and I'm countering with the failure to provide the physical presence, possibly if a number of claims go in they will reverse their thinking so it's worth lodging a dispute and escalate it immediately.

As for PP they're taking the virtual product stance and I'm countering with the failure to provide the physical presence, possibly if a number of claims go in they will reverse their thinking so it's worth lodging a dispute and escalate it immediately.

I hate pps physical product policy. I've had domain theft and alot of bs(but not near as much as with geek) so yah.

Well I could make another post in my origional by asking it's opened again for update - but I've logged a complaint to PP against PP on their handling (in the EU they have to conform and so are being asked to respond to their position of 'virtual' compared to physical presence.

It is going to be somewhat difficult to find a way to prove evidence that a product just as a dedi or vps was created...

I am really confused right now personally. But I still don't get why Shequita would just pack up and go running... if she WAS smart, I would agree w/ what Andy said earlier. Find an alias and rebrand...

how are we going to stop these people?

Last edited:
off topic...

PLEASE, stop messaging me on MSN asking me about GeekRack. I know just as much as the rest of you. Shequeita disappeared. ok. Thanks.

File a PP claim against GeekRack

or possibly Small claims court against Shequita ??

Mmmm, technically I don't think you can't file against Shequeita, being as her company is designated as an LLC, if it was a sole proprietorship you could. You could peruse a lawsuit against the company, but all she would have to do is claim BK, and she wouldn't have to shed out a cent. I may be wrong, but do your own research and let me know. =)

I hate pps physical product policy. I've had domain theft and alot of bs(but not near as much as with geek) so yah.

You've got to tell them that someone logged into your account without your permission and purchased the product, it's happened to me six times already, I can never win.

Last edited:
You've got to tell them that someone logged into your account without your permission and purchased the product, it's happened to me six times already, I can never win.

Thats called Lying. Don't get me wrong but I belive thou shall not lye steel or cheat. (all things shequeita has done) I'd be up for a more ethical approach to the situation. If we file bulk complaints all about the same time they will most likely be read by the same person at paypal and they will have to do something. ANyone here live in Denver colorado or near there. You should pay a visit I would.

Thats called Lying. Don't get me wrong but I belive thou shall not lye steel or cheat. (all things shequeita has done) I'd be up for a more ethical approach to the situation. If we file bulk complaints all about the same time they will most likely be read by the same person at paypal and they will have to do something. ANyone here live in Denver colorado or near there. You should pay a visit I would.

Yes, it may be unethical, but isn't what happened to you unethical? It's just a suggestion on how to get your money back. Since paypal policy does not cover digital items or services. Also IF by chance the Paypal account has been emptied out, and the bank information/credit card information was changed, Paypal will "not be able to recover the funds" and you still won't get your money back. I've been waiting on a refund from an item purchased in 2006, still have yet to get my money back.

Paypal doesn't issue refunds at a cost to themselves, they wont even issue a temporary credit until the funds are recovered, they'll flat out tell you "yes or no" in a sense.

Yep, I live about 30 minutes south of Denver.

Last edited:
The most that a mass dispute on GeekRack's paypal will do is suspend it, which she could still "Ideally" open a new account. Its worth a shot, but no guaranteeing anything will happen.

As far as paypal's stand on "virtual" services, regardless of if it is physical or not, if it was never delivered, then they do have an obligation to provide a refund. If they don't, they are basically saying F OFF. But again, it goes both ways -- I have had clients use services for months, THEN open a dispute saying they never got it. If they didn't have the policy regarding virtual goods, then most hosting companies might be done for too.

So, then they check the account and figure out the IP's are the same?

So, then they check the account and figure out the IP's are the same?

Not necessarily, even if it was a family member (a child) that used your account, they'll refund you. Cause it was still without your permission.

Last edited:
*UPDATE*

Shequeita was online about a week ago, probably lesser time than that, anyway, I tried talking to her to find out what happened, all I got was NOTHING. She ignored me. So in conclusion, she had no baby, she is fine, just doesn't care about her customers and closed up shop. I was working for her up to the point I wake up one morning and no employee has access to anything, and it seems she took her support system offline as well as her domains. Also, when she handed over all dedi accounts to Burst that told me something was up and I should watch out which is why I'm glad I started looking else where for another server, currently my server is still with Burst but not for much longer.

Skylar, glad you got away when you did and just went straight through Burst.

Sorry to the rest of you who lost your sites, backups etc, wish there was something I could do to help you out.

Cheers
Steve

*UPDATE*

Shequeita was online about a week ago, probably lesser time than that, anyway, I tried talking to her to find out what happened, all I got was NOTHING. She ignored me. So in conclusion, she had no baby, she is fine, just doesn't care about her customers and closed up shop. I was working for her up to the point I wake up one morning and no employee has access to anything, and it seems she took her support system offline as well as her domains. Also, when she handed over all dedi accounts to Burst that told me something was up and I should watch out which is why I'm glad I started looking else where for another server, currently my server is still with Burst but not for much longer.

Skylar, glad you got away when you did and just went straight through Burst.

Sorry to the rest of you who lost your sites, backups etc, wish there was something I could do to help you out.

Cheers
Steve
I had talked to her about her little "handover" affair with burst. She basically told me to f off and that she doesn't have to listen to a teenager, then she blocked me. I had an assumption this was coming soon....

I do wish the best of luck to those clients that had gotten handed over, as you got lucky she had at least a bit of respect.

I had talked to her about her little "handover" affair with burst. She basically told me to f off and that she doesn't have to listen to a teenager, then she blocked me.

Wow....

not really a client-friendly lady, is she?

I'm real sorry for those of you who lost all of your sites... and I hope gradually over time this issue gets resolved

Wow....

not really a client-friendly lady, is she?

I'm real sorry for those of you who lost all of your sites... and I hope gradually over time this issue gets resolved

The fact of the matter is this has happened before and will happen again. The best you can do is make sure you dont have the same ethics she has.

I was with GeekRack for 3 months. Paid 1 month and got 2 free (for some reason). Took 7 days for server setup even tho Shequeita said on live support 48 hours. I decided to leave after the first month but ended having 2 free months. It was Andy that made the offer to me in my topic http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2202904 :classic2:

I had no idea shequeita was going to turn like that. P.s another sale I never got paid for.

I was with GR for 2 months (as staff) longer for a customer and my server took forever to get setup and she never did pay me for my support/server work that I did but hey when I seen that GR/burst transfer and burst did there whole dance I got the hell out

***thanks Daniel ;)***

on a side note why is this thread going on so long lol
someone should setup a dedicated category on the forums just for GeekRack :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back