• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

GeekRack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dynash,

With all due respect your point is valid however its only used as a how can i put it ?

"cover-up"

Support tickets which are general problems which i could handle as a admin i didn't have access to do so & when shequeita says she would do the task and 2 weeks later the same task isn't done then i belive its to nobody elses fault but hers/his/its whatever shequeita is.

Behind the scenes there were about 50 tickets unanswered due to us not having sufficient rights to do given tasks which is the falling point of any host & hostees

@Jor, I know, i've read the other gazillion threads ;)
I'm not saying it's just the DC, and the restriction of rights, it's both.
oh well, what's done is done.

Who dont have issues?
and who cares?
I will post where I want when I want, unless it breaks the rules.. I dont care if some non-mod dude dont like it...
This talk about these companies will never end. Please stop talking about them!
A very good idea *Cough*

Last edited:
@Jor, I know, i've read the other gazillion threads ;)
I'm not saying it's just the DC, and the restriction of rights, it's both.
oh well, what's done is done.

Which DC? GeekRack moved their VPS out of Burst after the Burst problems last time. They were shutdown due to non-payment over here.

BurstNET, I'm talking about from the old to the new. The non-payment surely says that's the end.

All of you need to relax shes going out of biz and we should be happy.

Sorry to bump this.
Andy, if a company is going OOB, wouldn't a notice of it happening be proper then a host just up and vanish?

I'm not to knowledgeable in this category but would her State's BBB be also good to complain too or is that for just businesses with physical addresses ?

GeekRack is registered as a limited liability corporation in the state of Colorado. This means they have a physical address... doing business on the internet doesn't mean you don't have a physical business address.

However, complaining to the BBB will not do much in my opinion, Shequeita has not responded to anything in a dozen days now. What is the BBB going to do against a company that is technically non-existant?

Well, any legal action taken now, wouldn't be made under the name of Geekrack, but under her personally since her company isn't operating anymore?

Actually any legal action would be under the name of GeekRack communications, LLC. That is the purpose of a LLC, Shequeita has limited liability over the company and a LLC acts as an entity legally.

I said "technically" non existant. Legally it still is ;)

Last edited:
if a company is going OOB, wouldn't a notice of it happening be proper then a host just up and vanish?

Ain't a snowman's chance in hell she would notify anybody. Remember we are talking about Shequita here, she never told anybody anything.

Ain't a snowman's chance in hell she would notify anybody. Remember we are talking about Shequita here, she never told anybody anything.

Well, you got a point Skylar
I've been following the downfall of GeekRack for sometime now but really its still just as confusing to me :)

I can't believe they did this to me i was such a loyal customer had a few VPS' with them.

They just did a runner with the money and didn't pay their datacentre.

I can't believe they did this to me i was such a loyal customer had a few VPS' with them.

Trust me your not the only one, so much so I was considering printing membership cards for all those left out in the cold by geekrack, it would have been quite a large membership :tired2:

There seems to be a legal clause for abandonment if the business was completely left to lapse without taking or making payments but allowing debt to build and non-notification, it gets a bit more involved now it seems the owner is now AWOL.

Just make sure if you had a PP subscription setup that it's cancelled, I'm looking into the case where the PP receiving account is under the business name and there is no part of the business trading or apparently existing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back