• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FTP program - which is the best?

Which one is the BEST ?

• CuteFTP

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • CuteFTP Pro

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Ws_ftp

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • SmartFTP

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • LeechFTP

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • FTP Voyager

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • FlashFXP

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters
Originally posted by cheatpark
For every file you transfer you have to clear it out of the transfers list
Wrong. You can leave it there if you like or you can clear it out after your done all of your uploading. I like CuteFTP Pro because it's easy to upload multiple directories and keep the drectory structure, and you cn also delete entire directories without first deleting files.

Originally posted by Bruce

Wrong. You can leave it there if you like or you can clear it out after your done all of your uploading. I like CuteFTP Pro because it's easy to upload multiple directories and keep the drectory structure, and you cn also delete entire directories without first deleting files.
You can also delete directories without deleting the files but this is only in ws ftp pro 8. You will have to change a setting in the options which will allow the deletion of non-empty folders. I can't see what is so hard about keeping the same directory structure while uploading files with ws ftp.

looks like ws-ftp is winning the poll!!!!!!!

I also find WS-ftp the best ftp program,its very easy and fast to use.

I am starting to loose faith in smart ftp and am using ws_ftp again. It's because I don't know how to just upload the entire contents of a folder with smart ftp.

SMART FTP + LEECH FTP.

Both are free and SmartFTP is great for deleting, moving, chmoding etc and LeechFTP address SmartFTP's flaw of being unable to upload multipe directory and directory trees at once. The poor mans solution ;)

ws_ftp pro 7.04.........all my friends have problems with other ftp programs, but once I get them on ws_ftp everything is gravy baby........plus it's fast, easy, and has a clean and decipherable interface........cuteftp is freakin' confusing.

sweety

Back