• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FREE -Sector31 Network- Hosting

hehe dustin, well put :)

kick his ---, sea bass.

(whats up with these smilies? they have a green tint to them)

Last edited:
Sorry, but it pisses me off when someone just passes up the hosting INFORMATION and goes straight to the application. That's what over half of the people do. If you read the entire hosting information page, it tells you that every field must be filled out, you must have a website with some variety and that your site must be online.

Half the idiots that apply don't gimme a current site URL (which is also not filling out all fields). Then, they bad mouth my hard work just because they were not smart enough to look before jumping.

This is their fault, not mine.

lol, just to let you know, I lokked at the whole page when I applied. I always look at everything when I am looking for a host.

Oops, feel like I started this :D

Whateva, Proq, The thing comes to "he needs to inspect" the sites,

well basicly, I site is considered bad if it brings on warez (which you can get from the file sizes, and space used), or adult, (which you can get from the graphics), or copyrighted material. And the last one being the hardest to detect in another language. So, If I put German material, copyrighted only in Germany, the web host shouldn't bother much about that right?

And I don't think he feels like going through ALL the sites he hosts to find out some buggy ones.:confused2

Oh well, thanks for the info anyway. I shut down my site because of DNS attacks of all thinks, so no site to show anyway, unless you count the forum on a separate server.
Besides, you said 1.5 gigs, and I said "that's all?" :)

when I heard 1.5 gigs, I said holy crap, Ive been hosted longer then him and havent even gotten to 50mbs, the most I will probably be taking up is 300mb, but that will be a while before I get to that

haha i didnt get there yet but I know I will soon. I won't go too much over that limit though. My site is all about new sega arcades and all capcom arcades. It helps arcade collectors, emulator programmers, and others to get to know what they don't know about a specific arcade system.

avenger... when i mentioned good I didn't mean legal... I meant a site that a good amount of people would want to visit. I'm sure that's what dustin meant from good ;)

Well I know a lot of good sites. With more than 10k visitors a day. One of them I leech username combo lists, the other some software cracks, another I got my daily proxies. They're all very good. In design and in content

What I meant is the web host should be more concerned with the bottom of the page where the "visitor counter" usually resides

Originally posted by ProQ
sure there is a definate limit on the long run... but the hosted sites won't be affected by it. don't continue this argument... my proof this type of hosting works are 2 sites... gamestats.com and ztnet.com both almost same service and no problems. kill the subject...
gamestats.com seems to be down. Problems? Definately.

Gamestats are a crappy network. They have 5 hosted sites, most of which are not updated.

Now, what about gamespy? I know they offer other services as well, but they host sites with TONS of downloads, and they are still alive. I think this host will survive.

Originally posted by dustin[s31]

Lemme ask you something... What exactly is on your site? I mean, I don't see anything at all. A crappy design, forums that are offline, and half of the links go right back to your main page. Now, you tell me, is it even worth going through the trouble of setting up your web site and hosting it?

I don't think so... Get a good site name with a somewhat descent slogan and apply again. And if you would actually think about putting some kind of content on your site, it might have more than a tiny bit of a chance at getting considered as being a part of my network.
Here's a better idea about my site name: ---- off. I've used this name for a long time and I don't intend on changing.
Did you ever think to read my request? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I told you in the request that Stibs FTP was down. Some of the links are dead because the content was redesigned, some were because the script didn't work right w/ stibs (oddly).
I bought a domain that goes with my name, I can get accepted elsewhere, and every single person I've talked to until you liked the layout. BTW the forums are up now, and if I req'd too long ago my site was more "red" than it is now (changed the color scheme). The MIDIs can all be seen in the dir that I listed...
Oh while I'm on the subject of flaming you (I know you won't accept my site anyway, so why bother treating you with respect after that), I like your design. Wait, that ISN'T your design, is it?
Hmm.. after looking in the lower right hand corner I see a nice little pretty link that proves you didn't use a nuke. Good job! Instead it's "By DTR Web Design"... VERY well thought out flaming if you didn't even build your own design. Anyone can nuke a site or steal a design... ANYONE
Lets see... content. I have game section finished, the MIDI script finished, the Forums up, the FAQ finished. The coding section, webmaster section, links, about section, and 3d image section (and clan section coming back for emunetwork.. someone who ALLOWS it finally) are down/unfinished/unconverted design.
Flaming back to the name thing, you think Sector 31 is good and UNIQUE?! Hah... I really don't see you in any position to be flaming me.
Also after reading
]Originally posted by dustin[s31]
Sorry, but it pisses me off when someone just passes up the hosting INFORMATION and goes straight to the application. That's what over half of the people do. If you read the entire hosting information page, it tells you that every field must be filled out, you must have a website with some variety and that your site must be online.

Half the idiots that apply don't gimme a current site URL (which is also not filling out all fields). Then, they bad mouth my hard work just because they were not smart enough to look before jumping.

This is their fault, not mine.
My site DOES have MIDIs and Gaming info... I would call that entertainment.

If I missed something, flame on. Your site may be amongst the top, but one thing is for sure it isn't alone. Maybe this is a battle of opinion on my layout and problems with current host, but most hosts UNDERSTAND that (and one really liked my layout, rest never said anything against it).
The banner could be updated, I agree, but when I recently tried and offered a vote amongst friends my old one was by far more liked (new one seemed a little lower quality and the images weren't as good was the general opinion). I'm ranting, but it's no more helpful than your 2 flames on me were.

From my computer storage...

5.2 gigs

:)

Didn't include the actual pinball tables that were released for the computer (we developed a editor that allows people to design and build pinball tables on the computer, as well as play them)
nearly a gig alone just for images, like flyers, playfield shots etc. ( a little inflated, I had separate html pages for each image, with thumbnailed indexes complete with site design)
My forum has well over 4000 members, and they used my site as the central place to exchange information, so I was getting around 40-50 new pieces of content everyday.
Should mention that there are nearly 3000 known pinball machines out there, dating back to 1930, so there are a lot of info available.
Reason I was so annoyed actually about the denial of service attacks. It was a community site, no revenue, nothing. Just a whole bunch of people world wide that loved Pinball games that banded together to keep the industry alive. The old server just wasn't very secure, and I was worried it would bring the entire network down, so I closed it. Wasn't that great anyway for protection and CGI anyway. Very popular site though, but a bitch to run...

ok P z Y , shut up, I looked at your site about the exact same time as dustin, It looked like crap, I havent looked at it again, because the first time was enough for me, your site has nothing interesting on it, it has midi's but what are they for? most of the links are broken, and if you say, "now they're fixed" you should have fixed them before you posted your address, because if you did read the info on s31net.com, you would have seen "site must be online" well your site was not online, nothing worked, the point of your site, is not explained, and still hasnt really been explained, all you have said, is that it has midi's. Your friends are probably just being nice to you with saying your layout is cool, or they have not been on the internet enough to see any cool layouts.

As for the s31 layout, yea Dustin had DTR design it, I dont care, I dont think a whole lot of people care, with dustin setting up the server and setting up site accounts for people he doesnt have a whole lot of time to create his own layout. Your layout sucks, I suggest you get someone to make one for you.

First off, I never took credit for that design. A friend of mine that owns that company did it for me as a favor. And second, don't even try to say that I can't design, have you not seen Sector31.com? No? Then shut up. BTW, that design on S31Net.com, is completely original. Nothing stolen or 'nuked'.

Also, your site still looks like shit. With most other networks, there is a "staff" of people and maybe a few partners who pay for it all. With this network and server, it's ME and only ME. So I can accept and deny anyone I want. If you don't like it, find someone else. Period.

To the names... you don't think Sector31 is unique? Well, then why wasn't sector31.com taken? sector31.net? s31hosting.com? s31forums.com? s31files.com? Hummmm?? If it's not taken, it means someone hasn't thought of it yet meaning it's... UNIQUE and ORIGINAL.

Your site may be amongst the top

Nuff said...

Please re-read my rant. You obviously missed that it COULDEN'T have been up, that's why I APPLIED FOR HOSTING!!
You think people can put up php, mysql, and perl using sites on geocities or whatever? Hmm... I'd be glad to know how.
Today rather than dealing with idoits like you I redesigned my site into a nuke so more people like you will "appreciate" it.
You don't like MIDIs? Well thanks for sharing! I really care!!! You're the FIRST person I've *EVER* heard say that. EVER. Here's another similar question- what are MP3s for?

Oh, and back the opinion flame war, WTF? You think that you have the superior opinion in this world? You and your friend (god only knows what you do together) vs the world and opinions.. Good Luck to you!
I used to think coolfreepages was racist, but you by far surpass them with your little superiority statement.. you go beyond Bush and his Axis of Evil speech.. that is just.. ----ed up.

So for layouts you criticize mine yet you really think that you have a great one? YOU YOURSELF DON'T EVEN HAVE ONE!!! You had someone ELSE make it for you! I just had someone else make mine, or at least the backend- PostNuke! WOW I FEEL SO ----ING SPECIAL NOW TOO!!

I would love to see the day you leave elementary school... maybe then you'll realize that you DON'T matter that ----ing much. Maybe not, maybe you'll still feel the superior person in this world, but hell- by the time you're in college.. wait, you're too good for that, aren't you?
Yeah.. I can see GOOD things in your future...
So you don't like my site's content overall? Fine, next time keep your ----ing useless opinion on the rest to yourself and just say that.

And as to your quote, I pray to god you don't think I meant your site was good.
I mean you offer amongst the best stats around. You sure as hell have competition, however, which was my entire point of the comment. And the competition is winning... easily.

Back