• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Hosting: 300MB, 5GB Bandwidth, cPanel, Fantastico, No Ads, Instant creation!

Guys, just leave him alone, gosh, hes at least offering something, for FREE, dont bug him, hes using his own money, and giving out hosting, I would think that everyone here would respect that ? Or am I mistaken? Should I start to judge people differently now?

This looks fun...here. Look at it this way. Sure, he's giving out something for free. But he is overselling (Yes, overselling is VERY real. You have just experienced it and yet you are still denying it) and it is the cause for many hosts to go out of business. He gives hosting for free, but if that hosting isn't of quality, it has multiple effects. It will cause a lot of problems for the people he hosts and that really isn't helping out. They may lose customers, visitors, and get bashed by people. Now I'm not saying this guy is an a-hole, but I think he should really get a business plan into action if he is to continue in the web hosting world. Not only will it help him, but it will also benefit his hostees, obviously.

hmm to the admins of ninhost.co.uk...
i think ure hosting is super great...
been with u since last month despite the server down and stuff,
its still is smooth and fast....
well, my domain was at ikkyshost.info hosted by u guys...
today my website is just a cpanel error page....
what happen to it?
how bout my files? are they deleted as well?
whats the real deal here anyway?
i got deleted or im using too much resources?
well, dont mean to be rude but i love ure hosting, nobody beats ure package i can assure you but something tells me this is no long term hosting...
plz clarify.....and hope my files are still there........ :)
thanks...
-ikky @ ikkyshost.info @ ninhost.co.uk

Your account was deleted. I surfed through the site and found alot of people did too (even if their site is legitimate content and non-adult). Here is the reason:

http://ninhost.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=65
http://ninhost.com/index.php?page=terms

Your site can only be about games, specifically:

- Nintendo games
- Nintendo consoles
- Sega games
- Square Enix games

EDIT: This is the updated TOS
http://ninhost.co.uk/index.php?page=tos

(Read the posts after..)

Guess you got screwed, too bad there is no warning for backups. Don't whine now, they are free host afterall... thus they hold no responsibilities to anyone but themselves. Just deal with it :)

Last edited:
gehh

I'm glad someone knows what there talking about, not. okay first thanks you for posting teh rules for the ninhost.com site, which he is planning on removing in a mounth or keeping up forever just to let people use, hasn't decided yet from last post i saw. but maybe you should look the ninhost.CO.UK since that were are hosting is going funny.

it says -We host all legal content, sites may contain any content so long as it is legal

http://ninhost.co.uk/index.php?page=tos there is the link. next time please try to get the right host, thank you.

I know its free, and thats cool, but he didnt have anything in the ninhost.co.uk TOS about the gaming. If he would have I would not have signed up.

Fair enough, but you should explain it to your free hosting customers about it. These assumptions start to occur, I am not the only one. I would suggest taking that page down, and/or redirecting them, I think 11/12/04 till now is a lot of time for some warning of sorts. Otherwise people will think this what was planned along - to revert back to the original TOS.

Some quotes from co.uk site forums (no response either since: Feb 23 2005, 08:51 PM)

Hi There!

First I would like to thank you all because I find this host to be very good, but I don't know what happened, I can't find my site, no ftp access, no cpanel login...

Was my account deleted and if it was why?

My webpage is http://kalim3ru.sys1.co.uk, and it is my personal dj webpage.

I have no illegal content, because my dj sets are not downloadable, only streamed, is it because it uses a lot of bandwidth?

Please support me, I had about 650 visitors, and an average of 75v per week.

My username is nsee.

Thanks in advance

thats what happened to me.

Is my account deleted?

It was located at

http://gnnews.sys1.co.uk

And now i cant login into cpanel, my forums, or veiw my site.

Whats going on!?!

I have no illegal content either. Everything was fine and now its gone!

Please help.

Add me to that list. My site is down too.
Yeah I agree. I love this hosting. Just wondering what's up with that.
I posted another thread though.

add me to the list. everything was fine until about 5-10 minutes ago. then suddenly.. poof. no cpanel access no site. i don't mind because it is free, but i was enjoying working on my drupal and phpbb pages. (no illegal content just poetry and art review stuff) it was at underworld.sys1.co.uk

of course i never did get around to making my front page. there was only my 2 foum pages. does that you guys thought it was only ffor ftp'ing? doh! i knew i should have made my front page last night when i had the chance.

were any of you other guys also sites with no front page?

i saw him online using AIM and tried to ask a few questions. i tried to be as polite as possible. i wasnt upset or emotional. i did notice that the terms of service over at the new host (ninhost.com) are extremely different from the ones at ninhost.co.uk. I also noticed that all the people who still have sites up are in line with the TOS at the new site.

I mentioned these things in my instant message figuring that would be an easy answer. but there was no response at all. i didnt want to spam him so i again politely asked him to answer some fo the questions people have asked here in the forums, not really for myself (i back up everything and have lots fo free time) but for all the other people who may have had businesses, etc going using his hosting. not to mention the amount of sheer hours they have spent building their sites. businesses, etc going using his hosting. not to mention the amount of sheer hours they have spent building their sites.

me personally i dont mind because i feel my content, although not adult (it wasnt 18 or older) was most likley above the PG-13 rating (my site was for review and discussion of artwork from salvadore dali, hr giger, boris vallejo, michaelangelo, masamune shiro among others and such all whom use mature themes in their painting. i also planned on having discussions of writers like anne rice, hunter s. thompson, dr. terrence mckenna and william gibson)

accoding to teh TOS over at ninhost.com these sites as well as any sites not including gaming specifically sega and nintendo related with any pg-13 content would be unallowed. i would like a simple posting like "you guys sucked so i wiped you" or "you were in violation of my new TOS" or even (im onyl 13 so i can do what i want" or "this service was only for me and my friends" or whatever.

i realize this was his personal time and money spent to help the public. but really i can only imagine what sort of personal and professional pain the instant unannounced wiping must have caused other people.

i was very sad since it took me 13 HOURS of searching just to find the ninhost service. i wont spend another 13 horus trying to find a decent host and i cant afford to pay for one right now (i HATE credit cards and have too many things to do right now to go find someone to take money in exchange for using their card to get a host)

to be honest it was the best host ive ever used and that includes pay and free (options and settings were a breeze) i never got around to putting up the google ads because i didnt even finish my website when it was shut down. i wish him all the best though.. and i highly reccomend he stick with it.

I think all he has to do is put up a brief note that he will be absent for a bit and an explanation will be made later on at the very least.

According to your TOS (I am going to number them for you convenience sake):

1. We do not host or allow any sites with adult content on this service.
2. We host all legal content, sites may contain any content so long as it is legal.
3. You are allowed to put up adverts if you wish, but we will not place any on your site.
4. We are NOT a spam friendly host. Spamming is strictly prohibited and subject to fine or termination of service.
5. Backups are your responsibility.
6. Hacking, causing harm to the equipment, or otherwise attempting to undermine our security will result in account termination without refund, and possible criminal charges.
7. No bots (IRC or otherwise) are allowed on our servers.
8. Using scripts, or programs that use excessive bandwidth and/or slow down the server will be removed without notice.
9. We reserve the right to withold or terminate service should any policies be broken.
10. No payment, no service. If we do not recieve payment, regardless if you sent it or not, for paid services then your account will be deleted.
11. We reserve the right to alter the terms of service without notice at any time.
12. Sites may be in any language
13. You may signup more than once

Here is a screenshot as well.

http://img111.exs.cx/img111/9882/tosscreen2th.gif

1-7 are fairly straight forward. 5 makes sense.

8 gets get dicey, there is no examples or specifications (ie; Portal Script perhaps?)

9. No mention of warnings

11. Does this account for grandfather clauses. Suppose you alter your TOS, and you say "All sites that uses the word 'hello'" will be deleted. Do sites that never knew about this prior to the TOS get a warning of sorts? There is no mention of this - who is stopping you from going on a arbitrary deleting spree?

Now, like I said its a free host, I don't expect much, I wouldn't even demand anything. But there are others who will - you are going to have to deal with these people.

Last edited:
ahh i do agree with mattias on this one, he did just stop,a nd there are still some sites up. wish he'd atleast post somthing. but he seems to have disappeared. i was one of the first to sign up for him the hsot was great but we'd like an explination please.

Exactly, something short would have been nice like: "We are now clearing up the server space. You have 18-24 hours to backup everything, we can not promise you that your site will not be deleted.". I think that is more fair at the same time it accomplishes the needs of the free host. It's not beyond reasonable, I think most members there will understand. It is free afterall. But time is money and those who actually put effort and time into it will be compromised.

neva heard of none of them TOS so to say i cant host nothing more than some nintendo games shit....dang@....
its all good....
this is how free hosting is..
wait til i get my hands around one and id be playin the same bull...
kekekek...
peace...
cheers
-ikky

again though it says nothing of only hosting nintendo sites.

maybe its this: We reserve the right to alter the terms of service without notice at any time.

lol he just updated it in his head and not on the site...

yea that is why I am suggesting he make some kind of warning system or a grandfather clause.

Last edited:
I dont care if its 999999999999999999999000000000000000000gb space its never up its always down and the host doesn't answer MSNs or AIMs im gonna find a betta host i reccommend they make a php script how many accounts are registered so it can limit sign-ups that crash the server :shame:

NinHost shut down permanently

NinHost is no longer online because we were given this choice by our host "Delete the accounts or we'll suspend you and have to drop your custom".

This was becuase a large number of the accounts had either illegal MP3, Invison Power Board 2, or vBulletin 3. The reason was not that the sites weren't gaming related, NinHost.com is operated differently to NinHost.co.uk.

NinHost will remain online and so will its sites, but there will be no support. You can if you wish, contact me about paid hosting.

NinHost.com will remain online as long as it has hosting.

Well, I guess however good your intentions there will be someone to ruin it. I might be back for hosting in a few months if I can find a better host, until then.

Goodbye and goodluck in finding a host,
RangerOfFire

This topic can now be locked

well I think I have to apologize to RangerOfFire and everyone who read this post because my behavior was unacceptable... i'm very sorry and I hope you find a better host

Back