• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Hosting - 100MB, 300GB bandwith/mo ftp php mysql

Status
Not open for further replies.
lksoh said:
Havent you read properly about fdcservers? You dont get a 100mbps line with them. They cap your upload speed at 10mbps or 5mbps depending on which server you signup with. If you maxed out you line at 5mbps or 10mbps 24/7/365 it will give you 1.5TB-3TB of Bandwidth. Use a calculator. If everone use up 300GB full your server wont take it.It will maxed out with 10 accounts using 300GB. It can be done you want me to try I will do it for you. Just tell a couple of my friends from Japan and US to upload anime files (legal to upload) to the server.

More info about their bandwidth can be seen at their forums.

you're wrong. I have used one day about 1TB. you should be better informed before you're posting stuff like this.
btw: it doesn't depend on if the files you're uploading a legal or not. accounts which are used for only downloading are not allowed, you must have a real website with content.. I really don't understand what you are trying to say with your post.

evil, currently, he doesnt have ASP, Perl, up and doesnt plan on it*. So No. Php Should be professient with ur needs -.-

Yes there is a big problem i have noticed it too. I couldn't connect too ftp. My site opens slow or not.

I hope its temp. But the host still rules

part of your tos says not to pw protect any pages, the new site i plan on starting will be an ezine in wich i will require my editors to log in and post articles on the home page, would this be acceptable?

ljdclmaster said:
there is 1 thing that bothers me. php nuke is not possible.
When i install php nuke he says acces denied so.... :(

Actually phpnuke works. You may have done some bad settings somewhere.
I have installed it on my account to work on it: My Site

The only thing you have to do, is not to upload the .htaccess files, since the servers don't allow them atm. Which is sad.

kUnde will you ever allow .htaccess files?

As for the ftp it works (2:43PM GMT-0). I am using it in dreamweaver.

Is it possible to place cpanel on the site it would be realy handy. oh yes and do we have forward mails? If yes what is it thx

um, when requesting nameservers for a domain, I got a reply saying they couldn't put in the IP as it has to be a nameserver, not an IP address. so would it just be dhost.info now? (for hosting domains)

you should change the nameserver settings not the nameserver itself.
you need to change the A record for your domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back