• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free and Cool Domains

NovaWolf

First, don't give me no "you won't own it though so why not just pay for a real one" cause I could care less if I own it or some greedy .com company owns it.

Now, whats the coolest free domains? I like .tk, but are there any other ones? I know about .com.kg.

Hmm. Well that's hard to find. I've been searching a lot this week for the free ones and many of them say "you have to be a citizen of Kakashmakha."

If you're a liar then just say you're a citizen of that country. If not then i've only found the KG ones and the TK one. GL.

Yah,

The only good thing about .ly is that you own it and get free hosting if you lie. but if you don't need hosting, go with TK :rolleyes:

I'm so happy :biggrin2:

I just registered swift.ly and i'm waiting for a confrimation back from the ly webmasters

Where does one go to register a .tk domain?

(Sorry, I've been out of the loop for some time now...)

www.dot.tk (ever tried telling that domain to someone? "Yeah its at double-you double-you double-you dot dot dot tk." For most domains just try nic.ext. Usualy it works.

where to get .ly domains

hi friends
where to get .ly domains freely
is it for everybody or only to that particular placee..
i stay in India will i be applicable to that

Sarath

i dunno about u peeps but i think it's kind of selfish to give free domains only for the ppl of that country and charge other ppl lots of money. This is parly why I lied. Also it's not like many ppl are gonna need free ly domains unless they NEED hosting or control. That's y I needed one.

-m3i2

PS: So far i've been waiting 4 days for ly to confirm my free domains but they haven't contacted me yet. Also I contacted the webmaster yesterday asking how long it takes for my free domain to be ready and they havn't emailed back for that yet either :mad:

If you don't need an ly domain, then I reccomend free .TK domains at www.dot.tk

Originally posted by m3i2
i dunno about u peeps but i think it's kind of selfish to give free domains only for the ppl of that country and charge other ppl lots of money. This is parly why I lied. Also it's not like many ppl are gonna need free ly domains unless they NEED hosting or control. That's y I needed one.

-m3i2

i disagree w/ u about this 1

those tld domain names were not meant to be given to everyone

its not a generic domain names like .com .org .net

icann created a cc-tld for every countries w/ two letters that represent their countries

.ly - Libya
.tk - Tokelau
.kg - Kyrghyzstan

all these cc-tld r controlled by government run companies and its up to their government if they wanna give them out to outsiders

every countries have its gone benefit so u can't just call that country selfish because they won;t give u the domain
ex. if u r from the usa ... u wouldn't want to give away part of ur freedom to some1 from libya, do ya? because that exactly what is happening w/ them, they r giving away parts of something that is rightfully their to u

y don't u just get a .us domain?, it was free last time i been to their web site...but i dunno how it is now since the government charge the company that oversee it since then

Originally posted by wm2k1

ex. if u r from the usa ... u wouldn't want to give away part of ur freedom to some1 from libya, do ya? because that exactly what is happening w/ them, they r giving away parts of something that is rightfully their to u.

If they only allow public domains then I would give part of my freedom to everyone else. I don't care where the heck their from I would do this to be nice and to have more ppl respect my country.

Also I checked out the nic.us and they're unclear about the prices. Markets in the US have to pay fees but it doesn't say anything about residents. However, in mid 2002, sub-domains will be available, but they don't explain how much they cost.

Last edited:
M3i2,

It's kids like you which are pissing domain name companies off and making them charge for parking and registering domains. If you've got nothing better to do than freeload and beg for free domains and web hosting just for a hobby - <edit> stop annoying WebMasters and making their lives difficult.

Everytime you request a domain name, or any service from a web site, there is a real person at the other end who has to process your request and determine whether it's genuine or <someone> wasting their time.

If you want a good domain or hosting, pay for it like the rest of the world does. :p

<<Rudeness will not be tolerated, he's free to ask...>>

Last edited by a moderator:
leave him alone u stupid melvin!

us 15 year olds are students, and we dont exactly make enough money to cover the costs of cable tv, holiday houses, private yachts, domains and webhosting??

free services are there to be used! so what if u slip in a few details that arent true. heck, tons of people do it on their resumes for crying out loud!

And u are wrong, there is not always someone processing the things u do on the internet. do u seriously think Microsoft check out all the details of every Hotmail account that was made? i dont think so.....

just cos u are older doesnt make u any more the wiser

Last edited:
Really free domains

Hello,

From my experience really free domains are the following:
.com.kg .net.kg .org.kg
.com.ru .net.ru .org.ru .pp.ru
.com.ar .org.ar

Really free means:
- no nationality limitation
- no registration fee
- you'll get to be the owner of the domain

.tk are not free, if you want to be owner it's $9.95 a year (cheap, ok, but not free)

.ly are not free as any check on the real nationality of the owner would result in the loss of your domain

.ru are free but hard to set up

JF B

Back