• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Fifa WorldCup 2002 results [Take 2]

I bet for Russia the first round and I bet for Japan the second round.

It was exciting. Very hard to score! Not like Brazil and China.

I highly doubt that Senegal will "win" the cup. But yes, I'm supporting them and Cameroon to proceed to the next round.

Originally posted by adizlaja
A - Denmark, Senegal
B - Spain, South Africa
C - Brazil, Turkey
D - Portugal, USA
E - Germany, Cameroon
F - Sweden, England
G - Italy, Croatia
H - Russia, Japan

I agree 100%

Wait, it's impossible. Germany is playing Cameroon next and whoever wins is going to go on to the next round with Ireland, because Ireland is going to beat Saudi Arabia.

Well, unless they tie. That would change some things.

Last edited:
Well. The US got a draw against Korea, 1:1. They had the lead till the 73rd minute when Korea got a header to the post to tie it up. I was disappointed, but that said, the US deserved to lose the game, but Friedel(sp?) was spectacular, blocking many shots including a PK. I wish my keeper skills were up to his. :D Also, IMO, the reffing was very good, with maybe a couple of questionable calls or misses, but overall a good game.

The draw gives the US the advantage, as Korea plays Portugal next, while the US plays Poland. If Portugal beats Poland, all the US needs to advance is for them to beat Poland or Korea to beat Portugal I believe. If POR and POL tie, the US and Korea just needs a draw to advance.

Originally posted by Owen
Well. The US got a draw against Korea, 1:1. They had the lead till the 73rd minute when Korea got a header to the post to tie it up. I was disappointed, but that said, the US deserved to lose the game, but Friedel(sp?) was spectacular, blocking many shots including a PK. I wish my keeper skills were up to his. :D Also, IMO, the reffing was very good, with maybe a couple of questionable calls or misses, but overall a good game.

The draw gives the US the advantage, as Korea plays Portugal next, while the US plays Poland. If Portugal beats Poland, all the US needs to advance is for them to beat Poland or Korea to beat Portugal I believe. If POR and POL tie, the US and Korea just needs a draw to advance.
Never underestimate Poland. The ball is round.

Originally posted by The Red Guy

I am not underestimating them. I am saying though that playing Poland is better than playing Portugal. They are considered the weakest team in the group. That doesn't mean they are an automatic win though. Far from it. Any team that is in the World Cup is a quality team.

Originally posted by Owen
Any team that is in the World Cup is a quality team.
Very well said and very true :biggrin2:

And I would like to congratulate everyone for getting this thread to 4 pages actually still ON TOPIC :cool:

The ball is round.

Poetic Justice. :classic2:

Up Tomm:

Denmark vs France
Senegal vs Uraguay
Cameroon vs Germany
South Africa vs Ireland

All in all, great entertainment!

No offense, but Poland had its butt royally kicked today.

Poland - Portugal: 0/4

Those other two games today were tied...

Come on Denmark.... don't want the Frenchies to get into the next round...

There is a very small possibility.

But now those odds are almost for Argentina, since one time big star Diego Maradona has been allowed to watch the game in Japan... Sweden will have its bad day. :biggrin2:

And Baty (Batistuta) won't be taken off so quickly like what happened in the last game.

Originally posted by shizzle
Maradona's fat, smokes weed, and is best friends with Fidel Castro.

I didn't say he was playing. He is just going to watch and he and Baty were team mates. Meaning sweden will get its butt kicked because of his encouragement.

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Poland - Portugal: 0/4
poland has a great team, or dont you know olisadbe, dudek or hajto ? all great players, but after the 2-0 they played too offensive, so portugal got the goals
bye bye poland :cry:

Any team that is in the World Cup is a quality team.
wtf ?? teams like usa or china or south korea are quality ?? they had just luck
they are lots of cool teams which arent in the worldcup (Netherlands, ukraine, iran, czech republick...)
i like the eurocup more then the worldcup, coz there is real quality

Back