• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Fifa WorldCup 2002 results [Take 2]

Alright whatever you say... maybe because they didn't have Maradona... I certainly hope you know who he is... one of the most famous soccer players in the world. He was finally allowed into Japan.

The US will perform poorly in the second round if it makes it that is.

haha, not impossible... we´ll see if argentina has what it takes when it matters... sweden has a record of screwing up important games in big tournaments...

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Alright whatever you say... maybe because they didn't have Maradona... I certainly hope you know who he is... [clip]
There is no need to insult me. Not all Americans are football illiterate. I played the game for more than 10 years, and have coached at top youth levels in the US for more than 20 years. I suspect I have much more real experience with the game than most fans from countries where football is played with the foot...

I've also seen my share of international games in person all over the world, including games where Argentine was a much better side than they have shown in this Cup. They have clearly not put together a strong effort yet this year. They may, but they were totally inept against England's bunker defense - and rarely put a challenge on the goalkeeper.

Argentina had a real hard time finishing - with virtually no shots that were on goal. It's hard to win when you don't actually shoot at the net...

-t

I can't see Argentina beating Sweden with their current performance...

I'm predicting a draw.

Winners: 1st, 2nd place
Group A: Senegal, Denmark
Group B: Spain, South Africa
Group C: Brazil,Costa Rica
Group D: Korea, Portugal
Group E: Germany, Ireland
Group F: England, Sweden
Group G: Mexico, Italy
Group H: Belgium, Russia

Argentina has had its share of problem... but I can point out where you people are mistaken, this team will not draw or be defeated by Sweden. They are under severe pressure to win because the people here in Argentina are not very happy because of the crisis amongst other things. Give them a damn break for a second.

Thewitt, that is where you are wrong they did put up a lot of challanges... either that or you haven't watched that game.

Additionally the US team if it gets past South Korea by some miracle will be put in front of some very difficult teams that it probably could not even be a match to. I will tell you one thing there is no way the US will get pass Spain. The Spanish team is promising not to repeat pass mistakes where it gets knocked off in the second round and I believe they can break that occurance. Because the Spanish team has been rebuilt recently by one famous super-star like Maradona, so expect no mercy from the Spanish team.

A - Denmark, Senegal
B - Spain, South Africa
C - Brazil, Turkey
D - Portugal, USA
E - Germany, Cameroon
F - Sweden, England
G - Italy, Croatia
H - Russia, Japan

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Argentina has had its share of problem... but I can point out where you people are mistaken, this team will not draw or be defeated by Sweden. They are under severe pressure to win because the people here in Argentina are not very happy because of the crisis amongst other things. Give them a damn break for a second.

The crisis and the people can't win games for them... Maybe they're pressured to win games but the situation in Argentina isn't going to help them get through to the second round.

Additionally the US team if it gets past South Korea by some miracle will be put in front of some very difficult teams that it probably could not even be a match to. I will tell you one thing there is no way the US will get pass Spain.

It won't take a miracle for USA to beat South Korea but they'll probably get kicked out in the 2nd round having to play either Italy, Croatia or Mexico.

Seriously, it'd be really interesting to see the no. 1 favorite and the defending champion to be eliminated in the first round. ;)

Originally posted by GRiN

The crisis and the people can't win games for them... Maybe they're pressured to win games but the situation in Argentina isn't going to help them get through to the second round.

No kidding. Did I ever suggest that? :rolleyes: No I did not, I said maybe it would help the people's spirits here that if the Argentine team beats Sweden. And hands down, I think it will.

It won't take a miracle for USA to beat South Korea but they'll probably get kicked out in the 2nd round having to play either Italy, Croatia or Mexico.

Just imagine USA playing Spain... that would be a very funny match. Spain will beat the US like it did with Slovenia and Paraguay, only this time 6-1 or something.

Seriously, it'd be really interesting to see the no. 1 favorite and the defending champion to be eliminated in the first round. ;)

Hmm...

A - Denmark, Senegal
B - Spain, South Africa
C - Brazil, Turkey
D - Portugal, USA
E - Germany, Cameroon
F - Sweden, England
G - Italy, Croatia
H - Russia, Japan

I agree 100%

Weren't two goals in the end by Italy disallowed? That was pretty weird... :eek:

But I was cheering for Croatia. It was a shame they lost to Mexico...

by a lucky and stupid goal :mad:
and then they started to fight with us... football is not kickboxing
well, anyways i think we will get to next round
coz costa rica will lose 3-0 against brazil and we will beat china...

From the TV replay, it looked like the Turkish player pushed the Costa Rican team official. But anyways, I think both teams played pretty well.

yeah, turkey has a good chance now... they need to score some goals on china though...

i somehow doubt spain would beat USA 6-1 right now, but spain has actually played pretty well so far in this world cup, its a nice change, spain has a good team and deserves to go to quarterfinals at least...

i hope japan makes it far too, they played a very entertaining kind of football...

Actually spork, Spain deserves this world cup altogether... don't you agree? :biggrin2:

Lets see how my bets turned out....

From Previous thread

Turkey/Costa Rica: Well... hard call... Costa Rica
Ecuador/Mexico: I want Ecuador to win this one for some strange reason
Japan/Russia: Russia might but again a hard call

Well I did recognize the first one would be a hard call to make... the second one I lost... poor Ecuadorians. And I lost the Japan/Russia bet.... damn.

Back