• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Fat Networks - Unsatisfied

There is an account that I created on my previous host, Fat Networks. Now, my user is wanting an account on my new server, which happens to be on the same network as Fat Networks. Therefore, when I attempt to create the account, I get a DNS error.

It has been confirmed by my current host (on the same network) that the domain is still in use on the Fat Network server, not allowing the change.

I've spoken with the user, and they've stated the only people/person they've hosting with anytime here soon was with Free Networx, myself. Therefore, this account is being held up by their service, and they won't release it.

This is getting sticky, and I've turned them into the BBB.

Lucas,

As you are not a Fat Network client, there is nothing we can do to help
you.

The fact is, we have 1000's of resellers and we provide direct support
to them only.

--

Rick Orford
Fat Network Inc.

Last edited:
so now you're saying they even disabled download-to-pc backups besides ftp transfers?

It's hard to believe a host would totally disable all means of backup

so now you're saying they even disabled download-to-pc backups besides ftp transfers?

Yeah there's a couple hosts here in Ireland do the same.
They say "Providing backup facilities to clients is a severe security risk" :tired2: :tired2: :tired2:

No, they disabled the FTP backup.

What is the correct way of backing up a cPanel backup to your PC? When you attempt a backup, cPanel even tells you that you can (a) only backup to the webspace or (b) FTP to another server.

It would be great if someone could tell a correct way of backing up to my PC, and I'd do it weekly.

No, they disabled the FTP backup.

What is the correct way of backing up a cPanel backup to your PC? When you attempt a backup, cPanel even tells you that you can (a) only backup to the webspace or (b) FTP to another server.

It would be great if someone could tell a correct way of backing up to my PC, and I'd do it weekly.

Back it up to your webspace then download it after the backup has been completed.

Back