• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Fat Networks - Unsatisfied

iLucas

NLC
NLC
For the past day or two, I've been going back and forth attempting to get my accounts on another server. I've attempted many different times, as seen in my other thread.

Now, I have confirmation as to why I was unable to transfer them.

With this being said, all my accounts and users are not being transferred because of our previous host not allowing us to backup our accounts.

This is the direct quote from an email I have from the owner of Fat Networks, Rick Orford.

Lucas:

I'm sorry, we do not support sending backups to other hosts servers.

If you are moving sites to us, we can assist. But we cannot assist
with moving your backups on to non-fatnetwork servers.

--

Rick Orford
Fat Network Inc.

Are you asking them to ftp your backups to another hosting company or are you just asking for backups? If you are just asking for the back ups - then you should get them.. I can see why they wouldn't want to ftp those backups for you :)

Thanks,
Adam

...were you not able to get the backups to our server with no problem, however you did cancel your account with us today so we no longer have your data.

How were you able to get the backups to our server?

No, I signed up with DWH, and later I found a somewhat better deal, thus cancelled with them.

I transferred by FTP to DWH, however, that was after practically begging them via support tickets.

Then, I attempted to transfer them from my Fat Networks to my new host, and they are restricted, and the owner is now stating they don't allow it.

For the record, I have no problem whatsoever with Digital World Host or Tang (Owner), I'd just found a better deal elsewhere, that's all. Infact, Tang was very nice about everything that was done.

Thanks for your kind words :).

I can see if we still have a backup of your backups. I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Tang

These are the types of things you need to clear with a host before going with them.
But as said already, you are entitled to the backups and Fat Networks has no right to refuse you the backups. However, for them to FTP the accounts for you is a different story.

These are the types of things you need to clear with a host before going with them.
But as said already, you are entitled to the backups and Fat Networks has no right to refuse you the backups. However, for them to FTP the accounts for you is a different story.

No, no, no, I didn't want them to do anything. I, myself, would transfer them using the FTP backup feature in cPanel. However, they've disabled the feature.

I've gone round in circles with them, and they still won't allow it.

No, no, no, I didn't want them to do anything. I, myself, would transfer them using the FTP backup feature in cPanel. However, they've disabled the feature.

I've gone round in circles with them, and they still won't allow it.

Oh I see.
Well, they have no right to deny you access to your backups.
If it was my host you were moving to I would be doing the arguing on your behalf but it's not so I won't. ;) But best of luck with it.

Well unfortunately, we do not have a backup of your account during the short time you were with us.

We may have been able to save your account had you asked us to but unfortunately now there is nothing I can do. Terribly sorry.

Hope you the best..if there's anything else I can do for you please let me know.

Regards,

Tang

P.S. Is the url for Fat Network http://www.fatnetwork.net/ ? I will try to contact them for you and see if that will get anywhere.

Last edited:
What problem occurred when transferring via FTP?

There was no direct error, it just didn't send. It would act as if it was sending, and when it never showed on the other server, I questioned them. They stated it's disabled because they will not assist in moving to another server. They know they're losing out if I move.

Can you describe your problem in more detail? There are many different ways to move over, more than what you know.

Hopefully DWH will treat you a lot better :D

Well actually they moved to another provider a few days after purchasing (and having his old accounts restored) with us. So we provided him a full refund and wished him the best :).

Please let us know if we can help you in any way still CNLucas.

Back