• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

f.Bz final!

I still don't like that iframe. Its way too small and if you insist on using it then I suggest you make it bigger. The scroll bars on the iframe look ugly too. Your site has to be viewed differently in nutscrape 4 which is annoying because I can only view the content and no navigation. :devious2: Your site works fine in all the other browsers I use though. This includes internet explorer 5, opera 6.01 and mozilla.

I really can't see the point of that small iframe. Also I can't see anything different from your first design.

I use a high resolution and getting the following problems:

- The text is extremely hard to see
- And the table is small
- And for goodness sakes, make sure you use Verdana at 1 or 2 ;)
- The navigation is not clear (Not neat and sharp, the text is odd)
- There are very large void areas

This is all on the screen resolution 1152X864.

Giancarlo, just to say, your resolution is VERY high, and most dont have it that high. im not sure it will be that big of a deal

also, why verdana?

What I am asking for is that you increase the size of the table slightly, and I will post a screenshot showing you why.

Verdana is the clearest text anyone could possibly use.

GC's resolution is so high that my XP won't even allow me to select it. My Windows 98 did, and when I tried it, it was a nightmare. I hated it because my icons ended up being too small. I like 1024x768 the most, even though most people like those big icons on 800x600. Anyway, enough of my ranting. On with the review...

Criticisms:

- Too much blank space on the page. Consider making that center table wider. It's WAY too narrow.

- Concerning that center table...it looks messy. All the news articles just look totally strung together. The division between the news articles are just too hard to see.

- Your logo isn't very descriptive of the theme of your webpage, and it doesn't blend in with the colors well.

- Thanks for not using phpBB! But you need to incorporate that blue scheme into your message board. It looks too grayish at the moment.

- Create a contact page, either containing a form or linking to your e-mail, instead of having a direct link. It just looks very unprofessional if you have any e-mail links in the nav bar.

- In the nav bar...Perhaps you could make the font a bit bigger? This will become easier if you widen the table. Also, why are some letters bolded? I don't see any significance...

- Best viewed in full screen? That means nothing. The page will still look different to someone on 600x460 (I think that's the lowest res on regular Windows).

Overall: 63%

To go below a 60% on my scale the site needs to be really bad... and it isn't that bad. Any site below 40% needs to be erased. Anything from 40-60% is bad, but not useless.

Well I consider this site to be ok but due to all the content being squashed into one small area it gets a low score. Netscape viewers won't like it too. Thats why it got 50% and I see no reason to change it. If the site gets improved the score will be increased by about 20% if cyber follows the improvements I suggested. To get a higher score he would need to add more content.

i will:

-make the table bigger
-make the iframe bigger
-double-break the news (so you can tell articles apart)
-make the nav font bigger
-add a links box

Good man! That is what I like about some people... they really are take into consideration the advice. I wish you luck with everything. :)

-make the table bigger
-make the iframe bigger
-double-break the news (so you can tell articles apart)
-make the nav font bigger
-add a links box

it'll look MUCH better after that

Looks good Cyber (Lynx agrees. :p)
What script do you use for the babble box thing? It's nice, like a mini blog.

Back