• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

dont go for Cergohosting

strunz

Cergohosting is much slower than a free domain hosting site.:(
it takes 5 min to login to control panel.forgot abt the browsing speed of the site.
can anyone suggest me any good hosting site.

it takes 5 min to login to control panel.forgot abt the browsing speed of the site.

What domain do you have hosted with them?

I guess, Free hosting is a lot faster than that :D

Btw, have you tried accessing the site from different computer/browser/isp? Maybe it's not their fault. Sometimes, it could be your computer's fault.

Can you give the URL of your site, so we can test it out (to prove) ?

It isn't about the paid services, but this is a perfect example why you shouldn't go for cergohosting.
Dear users,

This is to notify you that we have changed our terms and conditions and we now require all free hosting websites to display a code at the top or the bottom of their index page to display a small advert.

For the next 2 weeks this will be done manually by you until our new system is installed in which we will automatically display them.

Please email us - support@cergo.net to receieve your code. Please let us know whether you want a banner for the footer, header or content.

These adverts are supplied by an advertising agency and will be relivant to your site's content.

Please also note that if you refuse to add this text onto your website you will recieve a bill for the month's hosting you have used and a possible suspension until this fee / advert is paid.

We would like to thank you for your co-operation and we hope you enjoy our service.

Kind Regards
Mr Andrew Wealthy
Site Manager
Cergo VPS
1. They were too stupid to provide free hosting without having the money to be able to provide it.
2. They are big fat liars : state that something is free and ad-free, and then they let you choose between adding ads or paying...

Dear Client,

We at Cergo Hosting are constantly improving our service to you. Bringing new tools, scripts and updates for your packages to use is our number one aim.

Starting at the beginning of January we have supplied free hosting to many clients to prove how well our services run.

We are aware that over the past 24 hours we have had a little downtime for around 20 minutes. This was due to some new services we have uploaded to the server for you to use. We now have Ruby on Rails installed aswell as enabling PHP Global Buffering to help improve the way Joomla runs.

SHOUTcast will be returning on the 6th Feb 2008 on new servers for a more stable system. We apologize for the suspensions of SHOUTcast but it was a decision we had no choice but to command.

Finally i would like to ask for clients to concider writing a review for us by navigating to: http://www.webhostingstuff.com/review/CergoHosting.html

Any reviews would be appreciated.

I hope you continue enjoy your service with Cergo,

Kind Regards
Mr Andrew Wealthy
Site Director
Cergo PLC

Didn't they send you an email about it? Even the guys like me that had a free account with them got the email.

We are PLC - check company's house.

My name is Andrew Wealthy, i am not a scammer and my lawyer is taking action to have this thread removed.

The original post was regarding our servers going slow.

This matter has been resolved, we was switching to a higher spec server to accomidate the 180 clients we have had sign up since january 2008.

If you have any issues or wish to question the status of my company or my share holders i suggest you give me a call - 07846 804777

Last edited:
my proper number is 0871 231 9902 idiot

The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Saturday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time

Name & Registered Office:
CERGO PLC
16 MASON HILL VIEW
PRESTON
LANCS
PR2 8DP
Company No. 06470856

Search the company number.

This stops right now.

Ok guys this needs to stop.

Accounting Reference Date: 31/01
Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due: 11/08/2009
Last Return Made Up To:
Next Return Due: 08/02/2009

This shows that the company was registered PLC in January, no accounts are due to be filed until the 11th August 2009 which is why there are none filed.

Thanks to this post we established we had someone called Zain Ali within our system who has worked for Host 91, Skyler's website and a few others and he has now been removed with immidiate effect.

I am Andrew Wealthy and no i am not a scammer, this is not an alias this is my real name.

Look guys i am just trying to expand my business and by using these cruel methods you could put my hosting side out of business very quickly. This is not fair and i dont appreciate it.

I have done nothing wrong at all to deserve this, i have just been running my site. ONE post in here stated they was unhappy, this is out of 180 clients we current have.

This i see is the end of the matter and this childish commets must stop. It is unfair and un called for as a state of competition.

The records at Companies House confirms that there is a company by the name Cergo PLC registered on January 11, 2008.

If you are a webhost and start to attack another webhost even if you feel like it's warranted, you risk getting a warning. As for those who are hosted by cergo and complained about this company, you need to post your domain or contact me privately with that info. We don't accept anonymous complaints about webhosts.

Some posts will be removed from this thread shortly. If the person who started this thread does not get back to us with the domain he had hosted, that post gets removed too within a day.

From what I can understand at this time:

There are complaints from two users in this thread and also a complaint about a sales representative of this company. Andrew has responded to those complaints and removed that sales representative.

We'll continue to look into the situation, but if posts gets removed from this thread you know why.

Back