• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dell computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Dusty
Sure, why wouldn't they? Hell, I'd expect service there to be better.

I seriously doubt it. Everything is always available to America and no where else. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dusty
You have to send stuff back to Dell for them to fix it? Whenever I've had a problem with my computer, HP's always sent a technician out to me. No more than 24 hours wait, unless it's the weekend, then no more than 72. When my first UPS went nuts and fried the motherboard, HP sent a guy out with a replacement, he put it in, fixed whatever else needed fixing, and left in no more than 12 hours-- and I live in the absolute middle of nowhere.

I don't know why everyone always badmouths HP, I like 'em. Much better than NEC and IBM, the only two others I've dealt with.

As to my (semi-) local computer store, I wouldn't suggest visiting them if you're ever in town. Steve doesn't know the difference between a CD-ROM and a toaster; I'm sure any computer he builds is going to be a fire hazard-- unless he just buys them from Wal-Mart and peels off the price tag.

well i guess that is ok, if you like people coming to your house. I don't like them when my cable guy come over, its just me. don't like letting stranger come in my house. I live in NY and you never know who is going to rob your home.

Originally posted by Daniel
I seriously doubt it. Everything is always available to America and no where else. :rolleyes:
When I first got my Compaq, I had technicians coming quite often to fix/replace their crappy bits of hardware. While it is under warranty they will do house calls at no cost.

Originally posted by Jan

When I first got my Compaq, I had technicians coming quite often to fix/replace their crappy bits of hardware. While it is under warranty they will do house calls at no cost.

I never got that kind of support from Compaq before. They keep telling me to bring the computer to the closest retailer.

Well, I live in China right now and I can get Dell technicians to come to my house to fix my dell on any business day.
I mean, if China has that type of service, you'd think Singapore would too. :rolleyes:

Well, I just can't stand Dell. And I don't justify paying $2000 for a machine that I can get for $1500.

P4 2.4ghz - $259
ASUS P4S533-VM - $169
512MB DDR PC2100 - $142
Seagate ATA100 80GB 7200rpm - $112
GeForce 4 MX440 w/ 64mb ddr - $78.99
floppy drive - already have
keyboard/mouse - already have
AOC 19" CRT - $189
winxp pro - already have
firewire - already have(and it's useless)
48x CDRW -$139
16x dvd - already have
Hercules Game Theatre XP - $114
56k modem - already have
speakers with sub - already have
Custom watercooling kit - $255

Grand total: $1457.99

Use the watercooling kit on the p4 and overclock it to 3ghz and beyond.

Originally posted by trenzterra
Does Integrated NIC slow down performance?

No.

Also, if I were you, I'd wait until barton/clawhammer and get it with a nvidia nforce2 chipset.

No.

Also, if I were you, I'd wait until barton/clawhammer and get it with a nvidia nforce2 chipset.
well a new dell model has come out and it has 128mb ati radeon 9700 pro

well a new dell model has come out and it has 128mb ati radeon 9700 pro

You can use the Radeon 9700 pro with the nforce2.

The nforce2 is a chipset. I suggest getting a different computer with a Clawhammer/Barton but your going to have to wait until maybe around X-Mas/January for the clawhammer/barton to be realeased.

You can use the Radeon 9700 pro with the nforce2.

The nforce2 is a chipset. I suggest getting a different computer with a Clawhammer/Barton but your going to have to wait until maybe around X-Mas/January for the clawhammer/barton to be realeased.
And I may have to wait for pigs to fly before Dell sells AMD CPUs.

And I may have to wait for pigs to fly before Dell sells AMD CPUs.

Who said you have to buy from Dell?

By the way, don't waste your money on a Radeon 9700 unless your going to play graphically intensive games such as Mafia, UT2k3, etc.

Who said you have to buy from Dell?

By the way, don't waste your money on a Radeon 9700 unless your going to play graphically intensive games such as Mafia, UT2k3, etc.
Well Dell suits my needs most.

Well Dell suits my needs most.

And be it.

But if you wish to have better perfomance, AMD Clawhammer/Barton will exceed even a p4 Xeon.

Well it's your call anyhow.

And be it.

But if you wish to have better perfomance, AMD Clawhammer/Barton will exceed even a p4 Xeon.

Well it's your call anyhow.
We'll see next year where speeds can exceed 6.0GHz.

We'll see next year where speeds can exceed 6.0GHz.

HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Funniest thing I heard all-day. Thanks trenz for making my day complete.

Do you actually think mhz = perfomance?

My AMD 2000+ can compare(performance wise) to a 2.53ghz P4.

And the Clawhammer/Barton will have 512k or 1024k of l2 cache, on par with the P4 Xeon. On top of that, the Clawhammer/Barton will be 32/64 bit proccessor, the first for home users. And I'll like to see Intel up that...actually, I'd like to see Intel actually come on par with the Clawhammer/Barton with nvidia nforce2.

HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Funniest thing I heard all-day. Thanks trenz for making my day complete.

Do you actually think mhz = perfomance?

My AMD 2000+ can compare(performance wise) to a 2.53ghz P4.

And the Clawhammer/Barton will have 512k or 1024k of l2 cache, on par with the P4 Xeon. On top of that, the Clawhammer/Barton will be 32/64 bit proccessor, the first for home users. And I'll like to see Intel up that...actually, I'd like to see Intel actually come on par with the Clawhammer/Barton with nvidia nforce2.
Well 6GHz in the sense that 6000+ is also counted.

And your point? I believe your talking about the XP against the P4.

I'm talking about Clawhammer/Barton. The only processor that even comes close to it is the Pentium 4 XEON.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back