• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead

Tree said:
Well then my English friend's got some explaining to do...

Perhaps if your english friend is about 8, then that would explain it, or if your english friend is thinking of Tudor england, otherwise, you're grossly misinformed .....

I've seen this on the news today, I was shocked. He was an animal person, and he was killed by one. (Damn Stingrays), anyways, R.I.P Steve.

Actually, I don't feel much compassion at all for him, think about how his wife and children are feeling right now, I'll bet my bottom dollar they aren't thinking he's a hero, he had responsabilities, there is NO reason for a human to go any where near a creature like that, none at all, he could have got the same camera shots of this animal from a distance and be on his way home by now, but because he wanted to sell his documentary to as many ppl as possible, he got on his macho alpha male costume and got himself killed.

I've had enough of people sending me messages on msn saying he's a hero. he wasn't, from the very first time I saw the guy wrestle a crocodile on discovery, I knew that was how he would die, he wasn't a 19 year old student with no responsabilities, he had a family to look after, his work was irresponsible, he already had a name for himself, there was no need for this to even go on, and to be perfectly honest, I reckon it's entirely his fault.

Joe, It was mostly a freak accident. He was over a sting ray and the posionous barbed tail impaled him in the heart. I don't think that was a nice post to say about someone expecially if he died. I don't know if the term "hero" is the right for him, but he sure was a legend. He brought entertainment to over millions of people see'ing documentaries on animals and how he hung out with animals.

It's pretty ironic though, the animals he so loved...and he tried to promote ended up killing him.

KRAK_JOE said:
there is NO reason for a human to go any where near a creature like that, none at all, he could have got the same camera shots of this animal from a distance and be on his way home by now, but because he wanted to sell his documentary to as many ppl as possible, he got on his macho alpha male costume and got himself killed.
Have you even done research on these creatures? Many get barbed every year because they hide themselves well when they aren't swimming.

http://www.nswseakayaker.asn.au/mag/47/stingrays.html

They are not aggressive by nature, but if you accidently come across one (usually by treading on it) you will get attacked. Stay out of the sea KRAK_JOE or you too might get attacked (for no reason) :devious2:

Sad. :(
Jan said:
They are not aggressive by nature, but if you accidently come across one (usually by treading on it) you will get attacked. Stay out of the sea KRAK_JOE or you too might get attacked (for no reason) :devious2:

I'll stick to the cool (~17C in the summer) ocean waters up here. :eek:

makes no odds under which circumstance they might attack, he was still close enough to one to get attacked, and that's irresponsible, he put himself in harms way, same as a teenager dying from taking extascy, you feel sorry for them too ?
It was no accident, his whole persona was about getting close to dangerous animals, a friend of mine, who is a fan of discovery, said he's seen him in documentaries chasing spiders to which there is no known antidote, and on expeditions hundreds of miles from a medical team with just an outback first aid kit.
Granted, he had some balls, but enough is enough, he had children who are without a father, a wife without a husband, parents without thier child, friends without thier life companion, what he did was irresponsible, no two ways about it, and people singing his praises will just create more nutters like him, and bring about more death the same .....
Personally, I don't find it entertaining to watch someone risk thier life for whatever reason, especially knowing how much they will leave behind when they are gone, and as he has shown, they will leave it behind.

Steve was the 2nd (some say 3rd granted) person EVER to be killed by this type of sting ray. He just got unlucky that it got him in the heart.

He wasn't doing it for no reason. He was doing it to conserve the animals. Without his fame of doing these things, he would have never passed many acts or improved animal conservation as much as he did.

I can't imagine a reason good enough to risk your own life, and that's what he was doing.

Oh, come ON. You're far more likely to be killed by a drunk driver while driving down a highway than one of these sting rays, assuming Moose's figures are correct. You're more likely to be struck by lightning.
Steve Irwin educated the people of the world about dangerous animals, obviously there's some risk there, and I'm sure he was fully aware of the risk. Evidently he found it worthwhile. It's not up to you to make a judgment call as to whether what he did was ethical or not. I would be very surprised if his wife and children did not understand the risks of his occupation as well.

There are far more drunk drivers than there are people such as Steve Irwin.

You're much more likely to be killed by one if your job is to swim and chase these animals, I don't believe statistics for such incidents are available.
The people he educated would have been just as happy if he hadn't gotten so close, like I said, he could have achieved the same shots and educated people from a distance without gettin killed.

More people have been killed by trousers than stingrays in Australia. Fact.

At least he died doing what he loved. Why live life in a boring fashion when you can be sticking your head in a croc's mouth? And save animals lives at habitat's at the same time.

Because when you have children and a family they should be your first priority, not animals, no matter how endangered, beautiful or amazing they may be.

KRAK_JOE don't post anymore until you have something different to say please... Steve Irwin was great, he was doing everything within moral reasoning. There is no reason what he did was "selfish" or un ethical. He wasn't like, oh there is a sting ray... maybe if I go close enough I'll get stung! YAY :D

I'm sure if his wife didn't want him to do this she'd say so herself... she did these things with him often as well

KRAK_JOE said:
Because when you have children and a family they should be your first priority, not animals, no matter how endangered, beautiful or amazing they may be.

Dude; the guy just died.

(And his kid is ugly btw)

0,,5234744,00.jpg

Back