• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cpanel vs Directadmin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dmmcintyre3 if you need some help with cpanel don't hesitate , just let me , i will gladly help you out :)
In return you can do the same for me with direct admin though i have figured out most of the things that i need to ;)

Dmmcintyre3 if you need some help with cpanel don't hesitate , just let me , i will gladly help you out :)
In return you can do the same for me with direct admin though i have figured out most of the things that i need to ;)

I don't have a cPanel account anymore, my only one I had was on Darksoul's VPS before he moved to his dedicated with DA.

Cpanel is a more stable control panel compared to the others in the market, as far as I have seen and used it. Yes, it does a little time to load on the mobile. Directadmin, am not sure how usable that is ..

Cpanel is a more stable control panel compared to the others in the market, as far as I have seen and used it. Yes, it does a little time to load on the mobile. Directadmin, am not sure how usable that is ..

:lol: Cpanel more stable then Direct Admin?. What a laugh.

do you actually used directadmin b4?
do ur own server running on directadmin b4?
check the server loads, free -m and compare both cpanel & directadmin on the same specs server
then u will know what u said is wrong

honestly, running DA on a server, usually have less problems compare to cPanel.
cPanel is too bloated and hard to find the problem if any problem occurs

honestly, running DA on a server, usually have less problems compare to cPanel.
cPanel is too bloated and hard to find the problem if any problem occurs

Cpanel has a super support line in case you might run into any problems. Direct Admin .. well, as I've stated earlier .. i've not used it.
The tutorials provided by Cpanel should also help clear out a lot of concepts.

Cpanel has a super support line in case you might run into any problems. Direct Admin .. well, as I've stated earlier .. i've not used it.

:lol:

hostwitus said:

I'm sorry, really, but your so funny!. Support has absolutely nothing to do with cpanel being more stable!.

cpanel is popular bcoz of its features have a lot, and good user interface.
so it is good for those who new into web hosting to use.

but every web hosting company know the fact, although cpanel is user friendly, but it is not as stable as DirectAdmin and it is not low resource consume compare to DirectAdmin

both support from cPanel and DirectAdmin is equally good. they are equal in terms of quality for customer support

Agree to that .
And the price , that's also one zone where da scores :)
So if you're willing to give in a few hours into understanding how your hosting panel works , da could do all you need and at a lower price and lower resource consumption .
But ya , it can't beat cpanel file manager .
I use it frequently to make minor adjustments .
Da's is really good too .
But the ease of use of cpanel's file manager is one plus point which is worth a mention imho

But it cannot still justify high resource consumption and the higher price yet .
Now if only da could come up with an easy user interface like cpanel's , cpanel might as well run out of business :lol:

But the ease of use of cpanel's file manager is one plus point which is worth a mention imho

That was one of the good things about cPanel, but I have pretty much started using a good FTP client that works great, can edit the files without even downloading and saving then reuploading, just use the text editor's save button. But a file manager is not really that important if you have FTP

Agree to that .
And the price , that's also one zone where da scores :)
So if you're willing to give in a few hours into understanding how your hosting panel works , da could do all you need and at a lower price and lower resource consumption .

But it cannot still justify high resource consumption and the higher price yet .
Now if only da could come up with an easy user interface like cpanel's , cpanel might as well run out of business :lol:

I disagree with your thoughts on the Cpanel file manager. It does have more features then the DA, but where the DA file manager outshines it is that the thing works unlike cpanel's file manager, there were times you couldn't move files in cpanel's file manager, delete them or even rename them!. That really irritated me. Still not sure why that happened honestly.

Last edited:
Hmmm . I have never had such problems with cpanel yet .
Hey anyone knows how you use an addon domain .
Still couldn't figure it out .
I even tried to create a sub domain and then use a domain pointer to do the trick but sub domains dom't show up in domain pointers list :(

Hmmm . I have never had such problems with cpanel yet .
Hey anyone knows how you use an addon domain .
Still couldn't figure it out .
I even tried to create a sub domain and then use a domain pointer to do the trick but sub domains dom't show up in domain pointers list :(

in fact, i always see such problems
always happened, only after chown the files and delete them or terminate the account and recreate the account can solve the problem

this is y i hardly use the cpanel file manager, i use net2ftp instead

Hi Friends

This is a intro post. I am new to this forum. Hope everything goes well with my learning process here.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back