• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

CompleteWebWorks Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Is http://www.completewebworks.com/ down for you as well? Dan, what's going on? Another unreliable host?

What the ---- is going on people! There is absolutely nobody that can keep any uptime?

Thanks

Hello Mark,

Is there an absolute need for that attitude?

There are issues with one of the drives on our main Node. We are working on the issues as we speak and hope to have things back to normal as soon as possible.

How could you remark with "another unreliable host" when you have only been with us for less than a week?

It's not a bash at you Dan, honestly. Or your web host. I've had a good experience so far (aside from this). But I've been through 2 web hosts in the past month who appear to be good and then have some sort of downtime or issue. I don't see the issue in keeping a server online. The only reason we hosted our site off the network is because we wanted it to be reliable and we didn't want to worry about it. Having my site offline just loses me clients.

I went with you because you know what you're doing, but I don't know what to do. I'm trying to support FWS by giving my business to someone who I know. But it seems I have to go with a company that just sees me as a number in order to get 100% uptime.

Last edited:
Mark,

DeiseHost itself has had zero downtime since we moved servers in September, I think. So to have it down today is also a big setback for me. However, at this time there is nothing I can do only to wait for the DC to solve the drive issue.
It was not caused by me or any staff. It's one of those things that happen with Computers and servers alike every now and then.

I do understand how frustrating it can be, especially when you are trying to run a business and I totally know how that feels. But just bare with us and we will have the issues sorted as soon as is possible.

Mark,

DeiseHost itself has had zero downtime since we moved servers in September, I think. So to have it down today is also a big setback for me. However, at this time there is nothing I can do only to wait for the DC to solve the drive issue.
It was not caused by me or any staff. It's one of those things that happen with Computers and servers alike every now and then.

I do understand how frustrating it can be, especially when you are trying to run a business and I totally know how that feels. But just bare with us and we will have the issues sorted as soon as is possible.

Any ETA old chap? You don't have to talk to me about server parts failing, I have to experience that on a regular basis sometimes.

Any ETA old chap? You don't have to talk to me about server parts failing, I have to experience that on a regular basis sometimes.

I never give an ETA as they can be misleading. I just prefer to say as soon as possible.
I can assure you though that it is being worked on.

I never give an ETA as they can be misleading. I just prefer to say as soon as possible.
I can assure you though that it is being worked on.

Of course Dan looks like the good guy and i look like the crazed client who can't wait an hour for his site to come online, in this situation.

In these situations it is best to stay calm and collective. Nothing will get done by jumping up and down with rage and demanding that the server techs get some sort of Super-Human powers and fix things before they have even opened the case. :p

In these situations it is best to stay calm and collective. Nothing will get done by jumping up and down with rage and demanding that the server techs get some sort of Super-Human powers and fix things before they have even opened the case. :p

Maybe that's why the techs down at the DC hate me....

LOL Probably! :p

I always find that patience is a virtue and can be very rewarding. Especially in situations like this.

I find pacing and flailing my arms always helps. Especially at a critical time for downtime when hundreds of potential customers are viewing my page being offline and I can't do anything about it.

lol

Ok. Here's an update.
The DC are currently replacing the Motherboard on the main Node so, however long that will take, we should be back in action.

Hardware issues can happen everywhere. Even with those "companies that will treat you like a number". It does seem that you are jumping the gun here with aggression combined to it.

Sure, nobody said you couldn't. It only reflects your company that's all. Afterall, it is your problem if it reflects poorly on you and not Dan.

Sure, nobody said you couldn't. It only reflects your company that's all. Afterall, it is your problem if it reflects poorly on you and not Dan.

I'm just worried about getting my sites back online, and protecting the company. Anything I say on here is my opinion and does not reflect the opinion of Comfy Hosting Solutions.

Nobody is taking my side Mark.
Your site is not the only one that's down. But you are the only one still complaining after the situation had been explained to you.
We are not magicians who can just bring your site back up with the wave of a hand or the cast of a spell. We ALL have to wait until the new Motherboard is installed and the Tech is satisfied that it is all working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back