• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ComfyHost.com VPS - Not a very happy Camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
UT.

You do know that you CAN provide access to clients in HyperVM? There is a BIG tab at the top that says "Clients".

I have to admit, I'm quite shocked with some of the replies, even from yourself UT.

I do know that clients can have access to HyperVM. I was getting that ready as he canceled actually. We are planning to move to Virt, so the logo was kept for that purpose. I will have to modify it though.

Thanks

Last edited:
Getting that ready??

Once you add a vps through hypervm it automatically adds it so they can login.

Read up on lxlabs.com

Adam

I do know that clients can have access to HyperVM. I was getting that ready as he canceled actually. We are planning to move to Virt, so the logo was kept for that purpose. I will have to modify it though.

Thanks
Have you read the logs of the conversations with your technical support? They clearly state that users do not get access to hypervm because its for administrators only. The senior tech there had told me that in order for the VPS to be rebooted, etc. I had to submit a support ticket. Are you saying even your own tech staff do not know what is and isn't offered?

We are planning to move to Virt, so the logo was kept for that purpose. I will have to modify it though.

Dude stop while your behind.

YOU don't get Plantium Partner status by just using Virtouzzo. .There is alot involved.

Shame.

Adam

I just said I will have to modify it though, for that reason. Please read before you make comments. HyperVM is for clients to, the VPS was just setup under admin for some reason. The technical staff were misinformed about our usage of HyperVM.

Dan, you have your refund. Good luck to you. I don't see any further reason to bash the company. We made a mistake in offering the account when the server was still being moved. End of story.

Thanks

Last edited:
UT,

Direct from HyperVM when you create a new VM:

A VPS is a fully self contained login system. You need not create a separate client; the owner of the vps can login to the Control Panel using the vps name and password. You should create a client only if he has more than one vps. A vps owner is a complete client system with its own help desk, login history etc.

A client can log in, using the VM name (whatever.vm) and the set root password, even when the account us under "admin".

I understand what you said.

If you put it under admin.. Customers can login using the vps name whatever.vm and the password you set. At that point they will ONLY see their vps.

You should really read lxlabs.com

They only recommend using clients tab if the customer is having more then one vps.

i can't believe you are selling vps' and you don't know how hypervm works. SAD..

Adam

Are you folks not listening to what I am saying? I know that clients have access to HyperVM.

Some people just aren't made to offer VPS servers.

I suppose you think you are? Never had an unsatisfied client eh? Then you haven't been in the hosting business long enough, or with as many clients. It's bound to happen when you are trying to move 10 servers data from one DC to another, as well as receiving dozens of servers orders in a short period of time. I can't justify what happened, that's the end of it.

And if one more person comments about how I didn't know that HyperVM is for clients too (which I did) and how incompetent I am, I am not going to be too happy.

Last edited:
I just said I will have to modify it though, for that reason. Please read before you make comments. HyperVM is for clients to, the VPS was just setup under admin for some reason. The technical staff were misinformed about our usage of HyperVM.

Dan, you have your refund. Good luck to you. I don't see any further reason to bash the company. We made a mistake in offering the account when the server was still being moved. End of story.

Thanks

Thanks I did get the refund, and yes, I didn't start this thread to bash you, just to let others know what I thought about your company.

However, I was told bluntly that there was no hypervm for clients period. As well as other "potential" clients as Cameron demonstrated.

But oh well, I got the refund. Thank you, Thanks Adam for the upgrades matching comfyhost.com

Are you folks not listening to what I am saying? I know that clients have access to HyperVM.

Just remember that your support workers speak for you. I think it's time to get someone who is a little more knowledgable in this field, espeshially before you move to VZ.

[CH]Dan;939545 said:
Thanks I did get the refund, and yes, I didn't start this thread to bash you, just to let others know what I thought about your company.

However, I was told bluntly that there was no hypervm for clients period. As well as other "potential" clients as Cameron demonstrated.

But oh well, I got the refund. Thank you, Thanks Adam for the upgrades matching comfyhost.com

Thank you Dan, I think it's great we have this resource so that people can share their experience with a certain host. Obviously everyone has a different experience. Simply because we are in a transition period with VPS, you've received a far worse experience than with any of our other services that we have tried to perfect, and are still designing to become even better for future clients.

Again, good luck.

Edit: As you'll notice, live support is offline. Take that as a hint that we are reevaluating the way we conduct support.

I think we are done here. If the OP would like it reopened, please PM me or another member of Staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back