• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ComfyHost.com VPS - Not a very happy Camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

=dan=

b&
ComfyHost.com VPS - Not so comfy after all.

Ok so here goes, my first purchase, Josh (my coadmin and trusted friend) and I decided it was time to get a better and bigger vps. So we figure we would switch vps providers. We went on to find comfyhost as i thought they were very reputable. We decided to get the Expert Plan on the ComfyHost VPS page. We also asked them to waive the cpanel fee, which they were very nice about and allowed it to us. We ask for it because our budget wasn't very huge.

The time and date of the purchase is on the 22nd of November. Screen shot.
Around this time we have exhausted the resources of our old vps and was looking forward to quickly switch over to the new one.

Yet, our account wasn't created until the 29th of November. Screen Shot. Due to the delay, Mark allowed us a free month because it took so long.

Then it was created, so we went through it, as we went through it we found that we didn't have any source of vps control panel such as hypervm. That was ok we figured. Then we tried logging into SSH, however we uncounted an error: "Server refused to allocate pty" That stopped us dead in our tracks. Further delaying us.

I then contact live support. Here is an txt file of that conversation. I only asked about a vps control panel.

I talked with Cameron, a mod and a good friend I look to for help with stuff like this, he tells me that the vps needed to be recreated as it was created wrong.

I created a ticket, as live support always knew absolutely nothing even though they are tech support, they say submit a ticket.

Ok so then I had an AIM chat with Mark, finally, it was two days ago, on the third, at about nine o'clock he decides to finally agree with me that the vps should be deleted and recreated. But he said he'd do it the next day. So i waited til the next day. Here is a converstation of our chat. If you wish for me to post the copy pidgin has please ask.

As you can see, I've asked for our money back, but in his TOS it says vps get no 30 day money back, but the logo is on the vps page. haha. We asked for the money back because the service never really worked. But he denied us. Not only do they have that, but their advertisement for their dedi is misleading...but no complaints there. Check the red box and the details for the 99 dollar server and see what i mean. Here's a screen shot as well.

Bottom line was we bought a vps from them that we just cancel, and will never use. A waste of 30 dollars. Didn't get our money back, took two weeks for us to finally get a use of it and still there were multiple errors and 30 bucks short.

As we canceled we got this email. They ask us what can they do to make other customers happy....chyeah...

ComfyHost wasn't the trusted company I first thought. I recommend those who what a good vps and one created quick without error, don't go there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now it's my turn to add to this:

First, Their support is USELESS! Live support can't do anything. All they are good for is annoying you more than you already are. They just escalate everything and wont even attempt to help you (My convo with them)

The VPS had nothing but problems. cPanel had errors, The second IP wasn't added to the VPS and they wouldn't give us HyperVM access to fix the problem they caused.

The overall experience with ComfyHosts was hell.

To be completely honest, I can not say it any better than Dan and Cameron have. Even if the VPS was setup correctly the first time, which it wasn't, the whole process shouldn't have taken more than one day to complete. When something like this pushes two weeks, it just becomes pathetic. To add to that, it seems as if the people that work at ComfyHost do not have really any knowledge of how to manage a server let alone take care of it's clients. When multiple people have the same errors occur, such as Apache Update being nothing more than a blank page and then the owner himself tries to cover up the problem with the excuse "It works fine for me" instead of admitting that there is a problem and working on it to fix it, thats not proper support being provided right there.

Because of all of the problems that seem to never be resolved, we instead made the choice to simply pay for upgrades to be done on our current VPS with the company that had originally provided us a VPS. At least they know what they're doing.

So, I forewarn you to not be tempted by the low prices that ComfyHost has, because you get what you pay for. Pay a little more elsewhere and get a real host.

First
Some of Comfy Hosting Solutions web hosting packages are backed by a 30 day money back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with our services or support within the first 30 days of your contract, you will be given a full refund of the contract amount excluding setup fees, domain registration fees, addon/upgrade fees and overages. This is only applicable to shared, reseller, and shoutcast packages. VPS and dedicated server plans have no refunds available under any circumstances.
You agreed to that when you registerd.. Screw the little icon thats but in the footer line, You agreed that you would not recive a refund by signing up becuse you agree to the terms of service on sign up so that parts out.
Next you harpe on about a refund while he was trying to help you? even though you agreed when you signed up you wouldnt recive a refund..

Now of course we get in to your side
From what I see it is pretty bad, Thanks for the review.. I wouldnt of expected that from UT
Im sure he will post his side soon, He did seem to not listen at all in the MSN combo.. I find that amazing how people dont listen when supporting.. It annoys me so much - Had it happen a few times in the past. Its like "robot responce"

Wow im sorry to hear about the issues that you have had. Hopefully things start to lookup for you guys. You have had a couple of issues along the way with your hosting but just keep pushing guys what you are doing is definitely very admirable in my eyes, good luck to you guys at CancerHost

Some of Comfy Hosting Solutions web hosting packages are backed by a 30 day money back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with our services or support within the first 30 days of your contract, you will be given a full refund of the contract amount excluding setup fees, domain registration fees, addon/upgrade fees and overages. This is only applicable to shared, reseller, and shoutcast packages. VPS and dedicated server plans have no refunds available under any circumstances.

This would have been fine if the VPS actually worked, But it didn't. The VPS didn't even get a chance to be used. So it's really quite unfair. Don't you agree?

The PTY errors are actually more common than you may think. They happen with Centos (As I came to find out) and are due to /dev getting corrupt after running yum update. HyperVM released a fix for centos 4.5 but not centos 5 so it has to be done manually. We actually encountered that error a few days ago again but took care of it.

I tried to fix it, And even asked if ComfyHosts could use the fix CentOS div thing in HyperVM but they didn't know what I was on about. Anyways, The VPS is being deleted now, And it looks like Dan has lost his money...

Well that is really unfortunate bot the both of you. There is a fix that can be applied from the main node though.

But comfyhosts didn't know what I was talking about, And hence it was not fixed...

Anyway, Lets see what UTCrazy has to say.

Oh okay sorry.

Edit: WOW I didn't read the chat conversation. The guy doesn't know that hypervm can be given to clients? Good luck!

Last edited:
This would have been fine if the VPS actually worked, But it didn't. The VPS didn't even get a chance to be used. So it's really quite unfair. Don't you agree?

From what I see it is pretty bad, Thanks for the review.. I wouldnt of expected that from UT
Yes, As your see I do :beer:
But the TOS isnt based on morals..
legaly they do not need to provide a refund :devious2:
I Was just trying not to take either persons side...
I STRONGLY suggest you edit out the root pass from the live support...
The VPS is no more, I dont think it matters to much :p

Last edited:
This part worries me quite a lot:

(9:52:54 PM) realutcrazy: the NS dosen't need to be added in WHM if it's created at the registrar
(9:53:02 PM) realutcrazy: go ahead and add as many domains as you want

The name servers don't have to be added to WHM? The registrar points to the server but if the server doesn't have a way to accept it, how is it gonna work?

This part worries me quite a lot:

The name servers don't have to be added to WHM? The registrar points to the server but if the server doesn't have a way to accept it, how is it gonna work?

O_O, Thats amazing.. I thought it was pretty well knowen you had to add it in WHM

Last edited:
I wasn't going to bother posting in this thread but I gotta.

We are not supposed to to reveal our name during the chat due to ethical code of conduct
WTF?

2. The guy didn't know about HyperVM. So WTF is he doing as a support rep?

3. Why don't people check things out carefully before rushing in to purchase? If you read the plan for a VPS and HyperVM is not mentioned, LEAVE ffs!!!!

I couldn't help myself. I had to speak with this "Kathy" who I believe is actually Mark.

Have fun and watch for the part where I dropped a bomb-shell:

Danno: Hello there
Support: Welcome to Comfy hosting solution live chat support. How may I help you?
Support: Hi
Danno: I was looking over your VPS plans and noted that HyperVM was not mentioned. Is it available?
Support: How may I help you?
Danno: As above
Support: Sorry, you will get Cpanel installed in your VPS.
Danno: So, no HyperVM? What if I need to fix the Centos or run a command in SSH?
Support: Hyper VM is only for administrator access.
Danno: But if I purchase a VPS, wouldn't I be the Administrator?
Support: It will not be available for you in VPS
Danno: Why not?
Danno: HyperVM is meant to be provided to VPS clients so they can manage their VPS.
Support: Hyper VM is only server administrator access
Danno: Can I have your name please?
Support: I am Kathy
Danno: Hi Kathy. Is Mark on today?
Danno: If you could get him onto this chat I would appreciate it.
Support: I am sorry
Support: I do not have an option to transfer your chat to Mark.
Support: Shall I take a message for him.
Support: I would update him about this.
Danno: Ok. Could you tell him that Dan from CompleteVPS.com is here and needs to speak with him about the ethical code of conduct for Virtual Hosting?
Danno: I would like for you to be in the chat too so I can show you some factors.
Support: Sure
Support: I will update him to get back to you.
Danno: I will wait here. Please add him to the chat
Support: Can I have your email address to get back to you?
Danno: Can you not click the button that says "Invite"?
Support: I am sorry, I don't have an option at anytime to transfer your chat to him.
Danno: No. You invite him to this chat
Support: Sorry we do not have option.
Danno: Can I ask, do you know what HyperVM actually does?
Support: Kindly let me know your email address to get back to you.
Danno: Please answer. My guess is you do not.
Danno: It appears not. I suggest you get a career in another field. My email is ************ if Mark would like to contact me. Thanks for your time

Go figure. ;)

Last edited:
HAHAHA, + Rep for that one Dan!

That was good :p

I agree that that was Mark. I might try pretending to buy a VPS or something and see what happens :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back