• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ComfyHost.com VPS - Not a very happy Camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, This is interesting:

You are now chatting with Support (Technical Support)

Cameron Hicks: Hello There
Support: Welcome to Comfy hosting solution live chat support. How may I help you?
Cameron Hicks: Is this Kathy?
Support: Hi there
Support: nope
Cameron Hicks: Ah, Ok, So are you Mark?
Support: I am one of the tech from support team
Cameron Hicks: Ok then... I have a question about refunds
Cameron Hicks: Are refunds available on VPS basic plans?
Support: yeah go ahead
Support: it depends on the issue
Cameron Hicks: Ok, So you do offer them if there is a huge problem? I'm just asking as I had a problem with a previous company
Support: Yeah, refund can be claimed with respect to the issue and duration and tenure
Cameron Hicks: Ok, Does the VPS plans come with Hypervm or virtuozzo?
Support: virtuozzo is a paid version
Support: and it depend on the panel of your request
Cameron Hicks: I am familiar with HyperVM, does it come included?
Cameron Hicks: so how do I access the VPS?
Support: Since its administrative panel
Support: you can access through cpanel
Support: I see that you come by different name with same query
Cameron Hicks: huh?
Cameron Hicks: Different name?
Support: I am sorry if I am not wrong
Cameron Hicks: What name?
Support: As I said I am sorry Cameron
Support: if I have mistaken
Cameron Hicks: Would you mind telling me what name? I am interested in who you think I may be...
Support: since we get the same inquiry with different names
Support: I apologize once again if I would have mistaken you
Cameron Hicks: So you immediately assume it's 1 person more than one time?
Cameron Hicks: Why on earth would someone do that?
Support: Since I cannot mention other customer's confidentiality
Cameron Hicks: Who apparently is me...
Cameron Hicks: Anyway, Could I please have your name so I can submit a review about the support here to the owner?
Support: Cameron lets go the topic
Cameron Hicks: Well before we continue, Please can I have your name so I can email the owner
Support: I am sorry I cannot reveal my name since its customer policy
Cameron Hicks: Customer Policy?
Support: I have to adhere to the work ethics
Support: Work ethics
Support: dealing with customer
Cameron Hicks: Well how about I just email your boss telling him how you are laying false accusations on me
Support: I am sorry since this is a technical support I can go ahead to chat with you regarding technical issues
Support: If you have any concerns you can well go ahead and escalate to our admin
Cameron Hicks: I will not be buying from you today. I don't think this is an appropriate company for me.
Cameron Hicks: Goodbye
Support: I can well go ahead and assist you with technical issues
Support: Thank you for using live chat support!!
Support: Bye

No refunds eh? And I like how he accuses me of all types of things :D

lol dan, I cant belive it though.. I thought mark had more brains than this :\.

Cameron Hicks: Are refunds available on VPS basic plans?
Support: yeah go ahead
Support: it depends on the issue
Cameron Hicks: Ok, So you do offer them if there is a huge problem? I'm just asking as I had a problem with a previous company
Support: Yeah, refund can be claimed with respect to the issue and duration and tenure
Cameron Hicks: so how do I access the VPS?
Support: Since its administrative panel
Support: you can access through cpanel
Support: I see that you come by different name with same query
Cameron Hicks: huh?
Cameron Hicks: Different name?
Support: I am sorry if I am not wrong
Cameron Hicks: What name?
Support: As I said I am sorry Cameron
Support: if I have mistaken

HUH, WTF Do they not answer your question just to piss you off or something

Im so ----ing glad I picked steadcom instead of comfyhost
I did consider comfy host :\
Sorry, It just reallly piss's me off when you have to repeat the question twice in differnt wordings to get the reply you want
Why reply with bull---- when the answer is sooo simple "No" :S Arghhh I feel erage comming.

I take back everything I said Client deserves a full refund + 20$ compo for brain damage from banging there head on the wall over the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:
lol dan, I cant belive it though.. I thought mark had more brains than this :\.

Lol, Same

HUH, WTF Do they not answer your question just to piss you off or something

LOL Probably, Or they just don't know :p

Im so ----ing glad I picked steadcom instead of comfyhost
I did consider comfy host :\
Sorry, It just reallly piss's me off when you have to repeat the question twice in differnt wordings to get the reply you wont
Why reply with bull---- when the answer is sooo simple "No" :S Arghhh I feel erage comming.

I'm glad you picked SteadCom too ;)

Yep I take back everything about not getting a refund, I think you deserve one.. Seen enough from this company in the last 20 mins to last a life time.

Id like to see what Mark has to say for him self.. Hopfully he can try to fix these issues with his company
If hes willing to then I dont see to much of a issue.. Learning from your mistakes is all thats needed to win in life!

Last edited:
Hey folks, I am always quite sad to hear about unhappy customers with my company. We are in a major transition period at the moment, just moving from our old DC to the one in LA. That is the reason why the VPS took so long to be configured. The VPS was working the last time I talked to the client, but they seem to have canceled their account. I am happy to offer a refund, as long as the client gets in touch with me again.

As far as support, well, that's not me. That's not anyone I would specifically hire myself. But they are good techs as far as fixing issues. They don't need to be bothered about questions with the company.

We've had an overwhelming amount of dedicated server orders, so VPS is kind of taking a side step in this transition. We hope to perfect the process shortly and get back to regular operations. You all know I wouldn't put my name on something I don't fully trust myself. I will personally admit that my company acted improperly to the client as far as setting up the VPS server outside of the regular hours this process takes. From all of us at Comfy, we are truly sorry.

Thanks

Last edited:
I am happy to offer a refund, as long as the client gets in touch with me again.
Ok thanks! Replying to your email now.

As far as support, well, that's not me. That's not anyone I would specifically hire myself. But they are good techs as far as fixing issues. They don't need to be bothered about questions with the company.
So who does the hiring for your company? And they were simiply being asked if Hypervm was provided, being technical support they should know what the vps has.

Wow im sorry to hear about the issues that you have had. Hopefully things start to lookup for you guys. You have had a couple of issues along the way with your hosting but just keep pushing guys what you are doing is definitely very admirable in my eyes, good luck to you guys at CancerHost
Thanks a lot GeekRack! Everything is looking up right now as we spoke with our current provider IGCHosting.com and they have upgraded our vps. Not as big as comfyhost's but big enough to continue accepting people! :beer:

As for us, CancerHost.com, will not go down due to lack of funding. We have three very supportive clients, a great host, and a strong staff (Thanks Josh and Cameron). Sorry guys, Josh isn't too active here. :fangel:

Special Thanks to Ralph, and UWHosting for helping when we need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow igchosting is so $$$, I see why you wanted to leave :p
I had a feeling UT would come and offer a refund.. They have always seemd like a nice enough person on FWS.
Good work UT :)
I do think after what I have seen that you have alot of work to put in to you VPS's though.... & Staff

Last edited:
wow igchosting is so $$$, I see why you wanted to leave :p

I can not answer why they were looking elsewhere, but I can say when they received the 15GB / 256MB RAM with Cpanel it was $0.00 per month -- so it wasn't the price they were paying. Maybe it was what they were going to get for their budget. Not sure.. I believe we have given Cancerhost the support and service they needed in a timely matter.

We always work with our customers within the budget they want.

I will say this we always review our pricing to be sure we are as competitive as we can be WITHOUT sacrificing our support and service.

UtCrazy - I would have your tech team review what hypervm can and will do for you and your customers. If you have a template already made for cpanel it is a matter of minutes to re-build a customers VPS-- not days.

I can understand persons need to read the TOS - but I would recommend you take down the 30 day money back logo on your vps page-- it can be misleading.

Cancerhost- let me know what space you were offered and I will add it to your vps.

EDIT: Although we have guidelines and pricing structure, we are a personable company that understands the needs of customers.. we routinely offer goods and services as comp in order to maintain a relationship, but keep in mind it's always at discretion.

Any questions please let me know.

Thank you ,
Adam

Last edited:
I can not answer why they were looking elsewhere, but I can say when they received the 15GB / 256MB RAM with Cpanel it was $0.00 per month -- so it wasn't the price they were paying. Maybe it was what they were going to get for their budget. Not sure.. I believe we have given Cancerhost the support and service they needed in a timely matter.

We always work with our customers within the budget they want.

I will say this we always review our pricing to be sure we are as competitive as we can be WITHOUT sacrificing our support and service.

UtCrazy - I would have your tech team review what hypervm can and will do for you and your customers. If you have a template already made for cpanel it is a matter of minutes to re-build a customers VPS-- not days.

I can understand persons need to read the TOS - but I would recommend you take down the 30 day money back logo on your vps page-- it can be misleading.

Cancerhost- let me know what space you were offered and I will add it to your vps.

Any questions please let me know.

Thank you ,
Adam
The disk space that we would have received from ComfyHost, providing we did not have the problems we did and stayed with them, would have been 50GB and the bandwidth would have been 300GB. We did not request above the 30GB disk space increase because when we had originally asked for a quote on how much it would have cost us to have our RAM upgraded to 512MB, you had said $20 per month. My assumption was that increasing the disk space to 50GB and RAM to 512MB would be too much of a demand for $30 per month, since the RAM price was so steep to begin with. If you wish to add on 20GB more so we have a total of 50GB, then of course it will be appreciated.

And to make a reply to Dan ([CH]Dan that is), I am not that active here because I am usually too busy building websites for clients and managing CancerHost while you are in school. :p

As for utcrazy, I would recommend weeding through your "technical" staff and get ones that do know what they're doing. If they do not know the ins and outs of something like hypervm, then they shouldn't be technical support. You also should not have the 30 day money back guarantee logo on every page if it is only offered for specific plans. It is very misleading. Also, I am not really sure as to why you have so little information about your services. Last time I looked, your knowledge base is empty. You need to make it more clear as to what is and is not provided, if not in the knowledge base then somewhere else on the website.

Josh,

I have increased your space. All you need to do is login to HYPERVM and reboot your vps. You can reboot at your leisure.

Thanks,
Adam

Yes [CH]Dan, I feel your pain, I have had a worse experience with them which I choose not to go into detail.
Absolutley useless support..
False promises

Last edited:
As far as you Nick, your VPS was setup right away and correctly, unfortunately you didn't get my email with the welcome details. I do know that you used the VPS though, because there was a nice chunk of traffic used.

Thanks

Josh,

I have increased your space. All you need to do is login to HYPERVM and reboot your vps. You can reboot at your leisure.

Thanks,
Adam

Thanks, we really appreciate it.

Yes [CH]Dan, I feel your pain, I have had a worse experience with them which I choose not to go into detail.
Absolutley useless support..
False promises

Well, at least now we know it wasn't an isolated problem with our account.

[CH]Josh;939499 said:
Well, at least now we know it wasn't an isolated problem with our account.

Nick didn't experience the same issues you did. His VPS was supposed to be setup within 24 hours and it was setup in about 30. He was impatient, and received a refund.

Thanks

UtCrazy.. A bit confused..

Do you run Hypervm or Virtuozzo???

I see hypervm mentioned here but on your site you have a logo with Swsoft -- "Platinum Partners"

Thanks,
Adam

At the moment we are using HyperVM. Appears to be an error on the site. We are getting a completely new design, so that will fix any issues with 30 day money back guarantee and SWSoft.

Well that is a BIG error on your site.

To say your a Swsoft Plantium Partner and your not-- isn't so good.. Once again misleading.

I would take it down before Swsoft finds out.

Adam

I assume it's a stock image that the designer chose to use in this particular design for us. I will definitely remove that. Unfortunately the specifics of the site are not up for speculation here, this thread is going a bit off topic.

Did you not look over the design before you put it up? We all make mistakes.. but to put a SWSOFT Plantium Partner logo on your site is more then an error or an over sight-- IMO.

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back