• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

.com.ru?

Yes, .com.ru is free, and no, it was a chore enough registering my two, I'll not likely do that ever again.

com.ru is free for people who live in russia...but you're gonna have one helluva time making them believe that you live in russia and translating the form...

Originally posted by HyperKnight
com.ru is free for people who live in russia...but you're gonna have one helluva time making them believe that you live in russia and translating the form...

It was done before and can be done again. :D

.com.ru's are actually free for anyone who wants one. There is no residency requirement. Unfortunately they use a somewhat difficult e-mail template system to register.

Originally posted by Mandrake
.com.ru's are actually free for anyone who wants one. There is no residency requirement. Unfortunately they use a somewhat difficult e-mail template system to register.

SOMEWHAT???!!?? It's practically impossible! ROTFLMAO

Woofcat used to have scripts for this...I wonder if he still has them...:confused:

and murat, since when have you been an otaku? :confused:

I know his site is http://www.rcat.net/

You should know what an otaku is...it's your title. :confused2

An otaku, generally is one who obsesses over something. Before that, it was a very informal way of saying "you". Usually it is used in describing people who are obsessed with animation. [DBZ/Pokecrap/Digimon fans are just dumbasses. :devious2: ]

Not so difficult

Well,

*.COM.RU AND *.ORG.RU AND *.NET.RU AND *.PP.RU are free.

Okay you have to fill in mail templates, but there is an English version easy to understand by a French like myself. If something is missing error messages sent back by the mail robot are IMHO self-explanatory, and you just have to resubmit the corrected template.

The only problem I got is to find a FWP with two non-neighbouring Nameservers and accepting non-English domains.

JF

They also select which domains to process and which not to. I registered twenty, two or three came through... and they weren't the first two or three either, so you can't say there's an unstated limit, they seemed to just be randomly picked out. The others weren't rejected with errors, they were just never processed.

The site is http://www.nic.ru/ but you can't use the form on the homepage, you'll need to find the email templates.

Back