• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cNX Professional Website Hosting! Completely free.

the server moving itself took us 2 days, but the actual domain moving took over 1 week.

we asked our last registrar to change our nameservers, but at the end they did not do it. So after wasting 24 hours of waiting, I found out and decided to transfer my domain to a new registrar, and that took over a week like I said. Combining domain transfer/creating of nameservers etc, took us 2-3 days.

We are now back online though. I sincerely apologize for all the trouble this has caused you all.

I can't even access to the main cnX website nor my website, maybe we'll have to wait for the DNS propagation?

the DNS is probagating, slowly, but some of our members have been able to access our site and forums now.

it should be 100% within the next few hours or so. Same with users that have their own domains. Your nameservers need at least 24-48 hours to take on the changes made to the nameservers.

knowscore, i apologize for the inconvenience, good luck with your new host :). My advice is, if you are running a serious business site, free web hosts are not for you. You are probably better off with a paid hosting, we all know the massive movements of new and old hosts over the last 6-8 months.

Last edited:
It's been over a week and so far my site hasn't been backup for starters, the cnx website after 1 day of being up has gone down again, and the forums havn't comeback up. Is Cnx finished?, cuz it's starting to look like it.

yer right placeing ads on every page.. nah.. cNX's main site and forum was up an hour ago and now i cant access it!. CNX DO SOMETHING FOR crying out loud! it should have never taken more than 2 days ! not 1 week! that much downtime is not up to scratch. i guess you have to advertise 80% uptime instead of 99.9 :( please sort things out quicky!

Back