• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cNX Professional Website Hosting! Completely free.

hyperActive said:
Spirid, do u know if you will be up by sunday? I've lost practically all my visitors over the past week.

shouldnt you have lost all you visitors..since your site isnt up :p

please email everyone once the server our back online

ya thats what i meant. But my site started out so well ( we had 5000 unique daily after only 2 weeks online) and now I imagine were gonna be lucky to get 50 unique a day. Im starting from ground zero again.

Hi Spirid,

I was really getting worried as i didnt make a backup copy of my site and Everything FTP, HTTP u name it was down. I didnt get an email and i was wondering what was going on! i came back to the place i got hosting from to seek another host (albeit id have 2 start my whole forum again...) but after seing that it will only be a day or so more ill wait!. can you give the people a time as to when the site will be back up? also will all the Services: HTTP, FTP, SQL etc be working? and can you give us a little more detail as to what is going on? i feel left out and ill-informed

cheers

Adam

gotrice said:
Hi Spirid,

I was really getting worried as i didnt make a backup copy of my site and Everything FTP, HTTP u name it was down. I didnt get an email and i was wondering what was going on! i came back to the place i got hosting from to seek another host (albeit id have 2 start my whole forum again...) but after seing that it will only be a day or so more ill wait!. can you give the people a time as to when the site will be back up? also will all the Services: HTTP, FTP, SQL etc be working? and can you give us a little more detail as to what is going on? i feel left out and ill-informed

cheers

Adam

if u entered a valid email then you should have got the mail ,
but assuming u dint get the mail still u should make random backups ,
but that doesnt mean that all data will be lost , :shame:
when moving to diff server it happens many time that u lose some data ,
it doesnt affect everyone ,maybe some people ,
and yes when the server is online , everything will be online with it like ftp and mysql and stuff .

i got the email on Nov 13th and it stated "Also, we might be down for 1-2 days due to domain moving and such. I apologize for any inconvienence this may cause." well it certainly has taken longer. I guess i c an wait one more day and really hope everything is ok soon

Well I got that e-mail too, but shortly afterward, I got this e-mail:

Hello all members,

Please don't get shocked by the title, we are not shutting down. But I have just received news that we will be down for maybe a whole week due to domain transfering. I've started transfering my domain to a new registrar and it can takes up to a week, or less.

The host will be back up and function normally after a few days. Please bear with us, we apologize for any inconvienence all this have caused. This is all done to help ensure cNX's survival within the long run.

Sincerely,
cNX Staffs.

Same with me but as soon as I got the first e-mail I made a full back-up (SQL and php in all) and didn't update my site since then.

bball2 said:
Same with me but as soon as I got the first e-mail I made a full back-up (SQL and php in all) and didn't update my site since then.
well ur were smart :p but others who dint do backups ,there is no need to worry , it is not like that ur 100% going to lose all your data ,

ur data can be safe ,but cnx doesnt take any responsiblity for it if it is lost ,

cuz all the members ar encouraged to make random backups,
and in this case cnx admin had sent a mail to every user .so u cant really complaint :shame:

Any news/Updates? How long and when can we expect to see ther systems back up? hopefully by tomorrow! Today is Monday (Australian Times) and am getting worried, lost all my regular members! Update on the situation Please

Adam

trust me even i am online here of losing active members ,but i dont want to jump on other host , normally i give 2 or 3 days to my host if it doesnt come online i jump to another host ,but this time it is different ,cnx has shown signs of improvement and i know they will come back and they gave a very good service for 3 to 4 months ,
so i hoping they will come back up soon ,

Back