• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can't Get To A Site

Dan

Bullah
NLC
Hey boys and girls.

I am trying to get to http://buyandsell.danethical.com but it says Server Not Found. But everyone else can get there.
I tried clearing cookies, cache, tried different browsers, reboots etc but no good. It is obvious that something on my computer is stopping it. Anyone got ideas?

hosting-shack said:
I can get there.

I know. That's why I am posting here in the Computer forum because everyone, except me, can see it.
I just turned my Firewall off as well and tried and still no good.

Jan said:
Works fine here. Maybe an ISP issue?

It's possible.
But I can get to the site using the IP but not the domain. However, I can reach all other forums on danethical.com

Try pinging it. Chances are your DNS Servers of your ISP haven't updated to accept the new cname in the DNS Zone file. Try changing your DNS Servers (on your computer) to something like 4.2.2.2 / 4.2.2.3 (Level3). That's what I am using and can access it just fine.

Robert said:
Try pinging it. Chances are your DNS Servers of your ISP haven't updated to accept the new cname in the DNS Zone file. Try changing your DNS Servers (on your computer) to something like 4.2.2.2 / 4.2.2.3 (Level3). That's what I am using and can access it just fine.

Thanks man.

I just contacted my ISP and they are checking stuff from their side. They will get back to me soon and will let ye all know what they say.

Ok they just called back and everything is fine from their end so it must be my computer.

Here is what I tried so far:

Tried different browsers
Turned Off Firewall
Cleared all cookies, cache etc
Defragmented

I can access the site using the IP, but not the URL.
I can also access any other forum and website on the server, just not that one.

Weird.

Have you tried refreshing the URL after taking that all off? IP is not anything different really than the URL itself.

Although it may also be your server. Do you have your server directly connected to your computer in any way (including FTP) at all times?

Also, lots of hosts accidentally make it so that it LOOKS like their server is faster than it really is. For example, if you login at http://www.zero-outpost.com forums, it may reload the page after logging in and not show you as loggged in. This is a problem at alot of places I go to.

iyeru42 said:
Have you tried refreshing the URL after taking that all off? IP is not anything different really than the URL itself.

Although it may also be your server. Do you have your server directly connected to your computer in any way? (FTP including)

Hi.

Yeah I have refreshed a few times etc.
Nope. Server is not connected currently to my computer.

It worked fine yesterday and then all of a sudden, last night, it stopped. I just checked my IP on my computer and it's still the same as what I had yesterday (IP changes now and then)

I dunno. It's strange.

Have you tried changing the dns servers on your computer that your ISP Gives you? ISP will always say everything looks good on their end.

Reboot your router? That worked for me when I couldn't connect to site.

If all else fails, visit via proxy.

Robert said:
Have you tried changing the dns servers on your computer that your ISP Gives you? ISP will always say everything looks good on their end.

Hey man. How do I do that?
I can get to it via a Proxy.

Hey man.
Windows.

I think we have found a problem.
In cPanel, for that forum under IP Deny Manager, it has the following:

Current IP addresses being blocked
ARRAY(0x1c4c840)

That can't be right. It is unselectable so ethix is currently locating that file to clear it.
Will let ye know how that goes. :)

Robert said:
ahh yea someone added you to the ip deny table! tisk tisk tisk. Let us know how it goes.

But how did they do it?
Even the admins of forums on danethical.com do not have access to cPanel because the forums are automatically created.

We went through other cPanels and they all have that on the IP Deny Manager. :/ It's really weird.

Back