• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Blackberry?

James Berry

I am thinking to buy a blackberry pearl in the next month. I’d love to listening music and surf internet on it. Does anybody have any feedback on this device?

I use one and my favourite thing about it is the keyboard. It's really good for typing fast and without much effort - and so it's excellent for email. It doesn't have nearly as many apps as the iPhone/Android devices, but then again the battery life lasts for serveral days with Wifi off (which is unheard of for other phones).

But if you want lots of apps, games, etc, then it's not really for you.

I am thinking to buy a blackberry pearl in the next month. I’d love to listening music and surf internet on it. Does anybody have any feedback on this device?

I had a Pearl for work several years ago - piece of junk. Not sure if their updates have done it any good, but I'd stay away from BlackBerry in general. As themoose said, it is falling behind as a platform.

Out of all the awesome BlackBerrys, you had to choose the Pearl? It's the dumbest of 'em all. Get the new Curve 3G, it's one awesome phone. Or if you're a touchscreen person, go with the Torch.

I had BlackBerry curve 8520 but I was unhappy and now I have replaced this with iPhone 3G s. Which is pretty good than that BlackBerry.

I had BlackBerry curve 8520 but I was unhappy and now I have replaced this with iPhone 3G s. Which is pretty good than that BlackBerry.

Yes. iPhone stomps BlackBerry into the ground. Nice to see another Apple fan here! :wave:

I have personally never used a blackberry. I was using windows phone until they started to slack on updates and stopped supporting their product. Then I switch to android and I have no desire to get anything else at this point.

Having used Android, iOS, WebOS, and BlackBerryOS, I just don't understand the appeal of Android (or BBOS).

I have personally never used a blackberry. I was using windows phone until they started to slack on updates and stopped supporting their product. Then I switch to android and I have no desire to get anything else at this point.

Guess you could go back to the Windows Phone now as the new lineup is totally awesome!

Guess you could go back to the Windows Phone now as the new lineup is totally awesome!

They only got their asses in gear when they lost so much of the market share that it wasn't even funny. As far as I am concerned, I have no desire to do anything with Windows Phone 7.

I'd pick iPhone over a BlackBerry, but I'd pick a Windows Phone 7 over them both... maybe. The problem with BlackBerry and the big thing I do not like about them is the BIS - BlackBerry Internet Service. If you go PAYG you need to find a network that will offer you this cheap. Cheapest in the UK is £5, but on pretty lame networks (for where I live anyway).

They only got their asses in gear when they lost so much of the market share that it wasn't even funny. As far as I am concerned, I have no desire to do anything with Windows Phone 7.

You also spend a lot just in data. The new windows 7 phones have to be connected to a data signal in order to work. Why? Just another way for Microsoft to make money. :/ Read into phones before you buy them. AT&T's data plans only go up to 2GB max.

Personal preference, I don't like blackberries because they are complex to use.

Agree. Also, their keys are tiny!

I replaced my useless iPhone 3G with a Blackberry Bold 9000

The newer Blackberries aren't necessarily bad phones, its just the way to use them is more for business management and not personal use. Don't get me wrong, you can still use them for personal use, but the apps in their market are designed for business owners.

Care to elaborate? Why was it useless? Do you like the Bold more?

First of all, I can't trust a phone that has no battery 1 hour after I left my house. Barely useless multitasking even when jailbroken (you'll need a 3GS or above). Regular camera, it scratches just by watching the damn phone, etc..

It's a good phone, but my blackberry's battery lasts three times more, you can use several apps at the same time and the push service just can't be compared to the iPhone's push notifications, and that applies to all models, even the newer ones.

First of all, I can't trust a phone that has no battery 1 hour after I left my house. Barely useless multitasking even when jailbroken (you'll need a 3GS or above). Regular camera, it scratches just by watching the damn phone, etc..

It's a good phone, but my blackberry's battery lasts three times more, you can use several apps at the same time and the push service just can't be compared to the iPhone's push notifications, and that applies to all models, even the newer ones.

I agree with the Push notification qualm with the iPhone (WebOS is the only one I've found that actually does notifications in a remotely intelligent manner), but why didn't you just upgrade to the 4? BlackBerry just seems like such a step back to me - I've used BlackBerry before and couldn't stand it.

Back