• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Big Problems! (School Computers)

Yeah, that could be a good thing. But the server also has problems, for example the Cannot Find Server page may randomly come up at any time if I am inactive on one page for too long, when this happens it affects all other windows and I have to close all windows in IE/FF/NN/Saf/etc. then restart the program.

Also, Linux Live CD bypasses ALL of this, even the server problems AND downloads files at the full 128 ~ 10 MB/sec speed instead of only 12 ~ 50 kbps

Bruce said:
It installs on a flash drive.

You mean the install.exe? Or the actual program itself? Because either way, this computer is screwed. I cannot access ANY drives just by putting their letter ":\", which will give me an error saying...

• Access to drive C:\ has been disallowed (Even if I put a shortcut, it gives this error)
  • Access to drive A:\ has been disallowed (There's a shortcut on our desktops that bypass this error)
  • Access to drive J:\ has been disallowed (There's a shortcut on the desktop for this too... this is where our documents are stored.)
  • Access to drive E:\ has been disallowed (This is the flash drive.)

Last edited:
I finally got rid of all that junk by installing ad-aware SE Personal using the installation .exe file I had at home via a jump drive. Thanks to Bruce on giving me the idea from the portable firefox. Now the sound works too! But it's way low (Can't access volume control. -_-)

The shortcut to the E:\ worked... as I thought before I posted the above post.

Back