• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Banning Asians

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Another racist webmaster makes the big leap to fight against half of the world"
:rolleyes: :D

When you ban the asian IPs you most probably ban more countries, and also some people that actually want to post up an english site.

Originally posted by Avenger
"Another racist webmaster makes the big leap to fight against half of the world"

When you ban the asian IPs you most probably ban more countries, and also some people that actually want to post up an english site.

complete agree

Originally posted by Avenger

I have had enough of this damn foreign site eating my bandwidth and I know that this change is for the better because people are posting my services every which way.

They're banned from my YaPP site (main site) and they can still view hosted users' sites.

I also won't accept anyone from that damn site where they posted free hosts because I already have the ban tool working and I will look at my YaPP stats to see if anyone from that site is on my site.

I thank the "Referring Pages" stats tool on YaBBSE/YaPP... this lead me towards the idiots coming on my site.

Also DeepList.com wants to take action (the person who hosts my reseller account), so it may affect viewing of my hosted users' sites. :)

Originally posted by CommunityOne

I have had enough of this damn foreign site eating my bandwidth and I know that this change is for the better because people are posting my services every which way.

They're banned from my YaPP site (main site) and they can still view hosted users' sites.

I also won't accept anyone from that damn site where they posted free hosts because I already have the ban tool working and I will look at my YaPP stats to see if anyone from that site is on my site.

I thank the "Referring Pages" stats tool on YaBBSE/YaPP... this lead me towards the idiots coming on my site.

Also DeepList.com wants to take action (the person who hosts my reseller account), so it may affect viewing of my hosted users' sites. :)

why are asian sites so bad anyways???

wat abt my siet?? i'm asian..

its ur fault u put up a site - u should've been ready for it - if u weren't, its ur problem

Originally posted by tandoc
its ur fault u put up a site - u should've been ready for it - if u weren't, its ur problem

Well these people go through my hosting plans, email me, join on my site, and do not post. I have had enough of this. It's eating my GB of bandwidth.

netnexus, read my above paragraph

I have had enough of these people coming in from that damn site!

How about sending a friendly email to the webmaster of that asian site linking to your site asking him to remove your link?

Furthermore, why don't you just SIMPLY block all referrals from that particular site? Very easy solution. :)

Damn, if bandwidth is becoming a problem because you're getting too many hits, then you seriously need to get a host that will give you more transfer. If you can't handle say 10k hits per day, then I honestly wouldn't start a host at all.

Last edited:
Originally posted by DeepList.com
He is using "Plan R1" and I have allocated 6GB of monthly bandwidth to him. :D

You're kidding me, right? :eek:

As Jan said, many people can use it up without hosting anyone. :confused2

Originally posted by conkermaniac

You're kidding me, right? :eek:

As Jan said, many people can use it up without hosting anyone. :confused2

He's right... 6GB... I have used 13MB of my bandwidth with just my YaPP site...

And I can't block the referrals... YaBBSE is not vBulletin you know. :)

Originally posted by CommunityOne

He's right... 6GB... I have used 13MB of my bandwidth with just my YaPP site...

And I can't block the referrals... YaBBSE is not vBulletin you know. :)

put this in your httpd.conf
probably inside the VirtualHost for your domain
(it may work in .htaccess i have not tried it there)

SetEnvIfNoCase Referer "^http://www.nzeo.com" bad=1
Deny from env=bad

hmmm.. any paid web-hosting sites that banned IP blocks doesn't deserve my respect. And this is the first paid site I've seen that block traffic!! If you are a FWS provider, then I understand your position, but as a profit-making provider as seen from this URL[http://comm1biz.net/index.php?page=hostingplans], your decision to ban IPs will not go down well with your clients who surely wants to have the best exposure for their websites.

oh he is a paid host?

why do you want to ban asians then?
if they pay why does it matter? unless your getting high credit card fraud or something from asia then i can understand

From what I can understand, he did his plans with a fixed bandwidth rate, and hoped that none would reach that limit per month, but his asian members are reaching the max.

In other words, he bought too little bandwidth and hoped he could work it out somehow....

Am I right comm?

No... I have no asian users of my hosting. All my hosted users have free hosting. I have no asian members on my site.

And I don't have an httpd.conf.

I am only allowing people from that Korean site to use my "PlanE", my most expensive plan, because I don't tolerate my services being posted every which way.

Wojtek, umm, Deeplist is going to edit the reseller plans and all my users will be able to have 900MB bandwidth... he did the math and right now my users can have 384MB bandwidth. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back