• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Automatic domain registration

Semiel

Is there a way to automatically register domains without any required user interaction?

Thanks,
Semiel.

What i meant to say is that there are some people that have *scripts* to automatically register domains when they get available.

They dont do it manually through a registrars web page.

In fact i tried to register a couple of domains manually as soon as they get free, but you dont stand a chance.

What i would like to know is how that software works...

But i wont probably get an answer as no one is willing to release that info :(

There is a service called name protect, but I couldn't find a URL for you. Hopefully that will give you a clue as to what/where to find it.

Wasn't MyInternet messing around with a service like this some time ago??? I just looked and their is nothing to be found on the current version of their site.

I think there are two problems with these services anyhow. One is that even if a domain expires, it doesn't mean it is available to register. Two is that whatever means you use to check whether a domain is available or not, is limited by how quickly the records are updated.

If you are searching for a specific name, then basically you'd want to set the script to check every x minutes, and then if no match is found, submit the domain for registration though your registrar.

Back