• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone from Geekrack listening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[JSH]John;984369 said:
For some reason, I do not believe you've taken someone that was using your computer to court.

I also received this email and would be interested in more information, I'm sure you know my email address. ;)

Well as I stated many times before! Feel free to email me at michelle@thehosted.com. Furthermore, yes you can sue for invasion of privacy and defamation of character. Their are other circumstances around this matter that are not being posted on public forum due to the legal situation right now.

As Justin has said I have also quit Geekrack.

It saddens me that we couldn't resolve this issue for Rick (He knows my views on his case ;) ).

At the end of the day, while I would hope that this could be sorted without a party being sued - it is of course the choice of an individual and far be it from anyone here to try and influence that.

As for the case of the 'use of Michelle's (thehosted's) computer to retrieve confidential data - constituting a serious breach of privacy' All evidence has been stated, Michelle has given us a basic update and explained why she will not be posting to great lengths in her defence on this forum

Perhaps we should let the court (presumably more qualified to decide who is in the wrong here than we are ? :) ) handle it from now on, and if Michelle periodically posts to let us know of the outcome, then no-one will be left in the dark.

Lastly, I would like to offer my personal apology to anyone who felt that under our roles as Geek Rack employees justin and I handled Decker's problem with less proffesionalism and efficiency than we could. While hindered by a lack of access to relevant tools, I know I personally did as much as I could to keep him informed of the true situation, and to find out what HE wanted.

Sorry I had to fight the (possibly) wrong corner on this one guys - won't be happening again ;)

Hugo

She has to find a lawyer first who would handle a case of someone using her computer from home.

AMC, it isn't just Decker's case (although this may have had more impact because he is an established member), but all the poor sould before him who downtrodden by all all and sundry because they were new and happened to find this forum for answers they couldn't get through the "normal" channels.

As a non host, I can feel feel for these other guys and try to put myself in their shoes when others are quick to stomp on them like meaningless ants.

As for the case of the 'use of Michelle's (thehosted's) computer to retrieve confidential data - constituting a serious breach of privacy' All evidence has been stated, Michelle has given us a basic update and explained why she will not be posting to great lengths in her defence on this forum
could not agree more with this statement
3. Justin as far as you liking her tech support so much.. I don't understand why you came to me when you had problems, unless that was one of the many times she ignored her employees
Michelle, dont take my statement the wrong way. i am not saying you did or didnt do anything. i have no clue what you did / didnt do. all i know is the spam came after you left/got fired (whatever it was). that is all i was trying to say. as for the tech support, i was just trying to say that Shequeita is very knowledgeable, and the support used to be prompt and done well, but, now it is almost impossible to reach her. it was frustrating that i was supposedly her right hand man and General Manager, but, every time i turned around we were changing passwords for certain things, and then it would take another two weeks to get access again, and it made it so i could not perform my duties. so, yeah, she had good support, but, that wasnt so much the case when i came to you for help. i came to you for support since i knew you were available, knowledgeable, and prompt (hmmm everything that Shequeita was) and had you help with the server. and you know i trust you to perform more tasks in the future if needed.

Day #23, amazingly - still no response, and the tickets seem to have dissappeared?! Still have the credit (apparently) on my account so why hasn't it been refunded yet?

Nice little twist in that the lawyers looking breach of export regulations along with breach of TOS & Contract, he's a sharp cookie :)

Michelles decision to not share any more info if there is a court date pending is correct, unfortunately there is the question of why the information was on her home PC to start with as it should never have been transfered from the billing system.

Confused you will be after this weeks exiting episode...
Which US comedy did that come from :)
Just adding a bit of additional entertainment value.

Michelles decision to not share any more info if there is a court date pending is correct, unfortunately there is the question of why the information was on her home PC to start with as it should never have been transfered from the billing system.

Decker... this will all be explained to you very soon as I found out alot of information yesterday, I was up all night with my son sick so I did not get a chance to email you, I am working on it now..

Yes, well decker gets an email, TheHosted your responsible for the rest of us that have gotten emails from the same address. This is not an isolated incident. I would appreciate an reply regarding the legal details as per my email to your Michelle address.

Michelle, If you could send me an email regarding this to it would be apreciated.

Cant access my emails just now, but ill get it tomorrow!

I have yet to receive an email from anyone but Decker. If you wish to know any information feel free to email me again. Thanks:)

Iv sent you an email twice you should be getting it if not already have it, please do insure to email me all the details. If you dont get my email simply pm me and ill provide it to you there.

Iv sent you an email twice you should be getting it if not already have it, please do insure to email me all the details. If you dont get my email simply pm me and ill provide it to you there.

I second that i have also emailed you, so whenever you can shoot me that email it would be apreciated

Wow so much drama I think I should do a summary for those who haven't had time to read this whole thing.

Decker is still serverless overchanged. Hugo resigned from GeekRack and GeekRack plublicy posted Deckers last name and personal info which violates there own privacy rules.

Well worth a read if you have yet to.

** Ps Should I make a movie the drama between webhosts and put it on youtube? ** just an idea

Wow so much drama I think I should do a summary for those who haven't had time to read this whole thing.

Decker is still serverless overchanged. Hugo resigned from GeekRack and GeekRack plublicy posted Deckers last name and personal info which violates there own privacy rules.

Well worth a read if you have yet to.

** Ps Should I make a movie the drama between webhosts and put it on youtube? ** just an idea

Actually, this reads more like a daily soap opera:

Will Decker find his own true server?
How did the addresses mysteriously appear on that computer?
Has the official GeekRack gone missing?
Is this all a big conspiracy (duh duh duh ...)
Are there answers to be had anywhere?

Tune in tomorrow for the next episode of As the Stomach Turns.
:angel:

Actually, this reads more like a daily soap opera:

Will Decker find his own true server?
How did the addresses mysteriously appear on that computer?
Has the official GeekRack gone missing?
Is this all a big conspiracy (duh duh duh ...)
Are there answers to be had anywhere?

Tune in tomorrow for the next episode of As the Stomach Turns.
:angel:

LMAO nice.
+ Rep

Beter Title The falling of the Monarchs empire

Haha, I can SO see this turning into a soap....

@ Decker, get a lawyer and Sue their ---, it'll save it from happening again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back