• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone from Geekrack listening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Decker... I've been following this for a couple of days now and been trying to stay out of it, but I've gotta tell you that your patience and professionalism with all of this has really blown me away.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the thread :devious2:

I lurk in dark corners :lol:

This one has seemingly opened up a huge can of worms, probably about time and just my luck it was me :cry2:

Update - nothing! No response from Geekrack, ticket still sitting there lonely and craving recognition, email not responded to,post no longer being replied in.

Last edited:
Jayzus Decker man, seriously, I have to take my hat off to you boy. How I wish I had clients as patient and professional as yourself.
Hope all gets sorted for ya bud.

As for Geeks Rackless, I think a full blown Review on my personal Blog is in order. Beware of Strong Language! ;)

Day 22, (feel like I owe FWS some cash as this is turning into a blog rather than a thread) had a bit of a shock, thought I'd been removed from the system, but it turns out that I hadn't. Had to go right back to the start and login a couple of times.

Logged in and surprise - nothing updated, but the ticket now is in 'Emergency' status! Result! At least somethings happened - albeit automatically (a system that waits over 21 days to escalate a critical to emergency status, jeezus!)

Ticket ID: YDH-750518 Department: VPS Support
Created On: 08 Apr 2008 04:16 PM Last Update: 20 Apr 2008 11:46 PM

Oh the update was me - informing of the breach of privacy/security on the other thread about spam mails using their misappropriated mailing list

Last edited:
Does anyone think I should stop mucking about and just take legal action?

My lawyer is dying to get started. He's got export legislation on the failure to deliver part, so even the usual PP or bollocks is negated, too many fails :wink2:.

Number of new hosts not realising reality. It's sad really. Hope a few read this thread and have second thoughts about starting up if they can't provide.

Does anyone think I should stop mucking about and just take legal action?

My lawyer is dying to get started. He's got export legislation on the failure to deliver part, so even the usual PP or bollocks is negated, too many fails :wink2:.

Number of new hosts not realising reality. It's sad really. Hope a few read this thread and have second thoughts about starting up if they can't provide.

If I were you I would probably talk with my lawyer about this, so yes I do think you should take legal action. If they can't do anything even though they've had 3 weeks then I think it's fair to sue.

It's sorry but I think required, adding the privacy & security (as in client emails being taken away and used to spam others) issues on top of it all.

No response from the company (cough!), I'll be contacting the local trade association and the appropriate agencies to have the LLC removed. Limited liability my ...

Now I'm getting pee'd off seriously.

Apparently I now even have a credit balance.

Account Credit Balance $35.99 USD

And
No open support tickets

Last edited:
Demand a full refund and take the money and run. That crowd are not even worth typing about anymore.

So can someone summarize this thread for me? I've tried to read through it, but my eyes get too blurry! :D

So can someone summarize this thread for me? I've tried to read through it, but my eyes get too blurry! :D

Geekrack are in the wrong, and treating Decker like ----. Geekrack are leaking customer information to spammers / other hosts.

If i'm not mistaken, wasn't it just an ex-employee of GR, not GR themselves? since the person in question is no longer an employee of the company, it was after their involvement, so GR shouldn't be blamed for the spam emails?

as far as i know, GR never leaked any client info to any spammer. Michelle however used to work for GR and was let go before Decker was spammed from her email address. it is sad that this happened, and who knows if Michelle really did it or someone else like she said.

as far as the initial situation Decker is facing, i hope it is taken care of to his satisfaction now, or will be soon.

I am personally no longer with GR since i have to much going on to focus on GR too, and i resigned earlier today with Hugo following my lead. so, sorry, neither one of us are any use in this matter any more.

i can still see that there were mistakes on both ends, but, it doesnt change the fact that it needs to be sorted out.

i myself am a little upset that GR gave all dedicated clients over to burst management since the only reason i went to GR before was because i liked how Shequeita managed the servers, and it was nice having someone i could personally contact when there was a problem, but, not i have to deal directly with burst, and that sucks.

so, i personally have nothing against GR, and i hope Shequeita can pull it out of the slump it has sunken into and pull through this. she is very good at what she does, and i would like to see the company succeed.

oh well, im out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back